Treats and baths and all that~

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
Treats and baths and all that~

Post by Kendrah » December 7th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Do any of you use the millions of treats/baths/balls/biscuits/mini-biscuits or do you just chuck them? I get so many of them when I do the dailies. I'd love new things to do with them.

I used to sell them off at an NPC but now I'm waging a gorilla warfare campaign against the various trainers and turning all their pets huge. They kind of glow behind the NPC trainers all ominous like. The rise of the Warcraft battles pets! I kind of imagine Toothbreaker say "This Idol has beaten me up daily for no reason whatsoever and does my trainer do anything about it? No! Well, screw this!"

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Re: Treats and baths and all that~

Post by Roisen » December 7th, 2013, 8:16 pm

I use the Lesser Biscuits on other people whenever I see the same companion pet I have out at the time.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » December 8th, 2013, 10:56 am

I just delete them. The thrill of extra big or extra small pets faded pretty quickly for me. :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 8th, 2013, 12:00 pm

I normally save them but if I ever reach over a stack, I toss the full stack and save the new ones. If bag space wasn't such a precious commodity, I'd save them all. :P

I especially enjoy seeing my pets attempt to retrieve the fetching ball. Some animations are silly and others are outright ridiculous. They all seem inclined to pick it up with their face/head... and it just makes me faceplam because some of those pets have hands! :lol:
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Tayanu
Top Rater
Pet Score:5505
Realm:Darkmoon Faire-eu

Post by Tayanu » December 9th, 2013, 11:15 am

I have seriously limited bag space, like usually 4-5 free slots in my bags at a time :(

So I tend to only keep the pet biscuits/bandages/xp foods, everything else gets vendored, usually keep one stack of pet biscuits, send all bandages to an alt, and /sigh at my lack of bagspace lol.

They so need to put a new item in game though that drops form those goodie bags, a multi pet leash, a leash that lets you have 5 pets out at the same time :D

I would keep that! :D

Seqenenre
Pet Score:2682
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by Seqenenre » December 9th, 2013, 11:33 am

I vendor everything but the magic pet biscuits, the xp increasing treats and the bandages. I can get some value out of making my pets bigger, but don't particularly care how shiny or happy they are. I really don't see the point in the pet shrinking treats; as a melee class I have my camera zoomed out a fair distance and I can hardly see my pets when they're normal size, let alone shrunken down.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 9th, 2013, 2:01 pm

I keep bandages up to a point, about 2 stacks per toon, with a few extra stacks on underplayed alts. I have an alt that sits by a starter zone for easier trades :) and so I send all my XP foods and battle stones and celestial tournament coins to her. My main keeps a stack of the bigger pet biscuits. Everything else gets vendored or tossed.

Laynee
Pet Score:2096
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Laynee » December 9th, 2013, 3:55 pm

I like using the biscuits to make my pets bigger when they have an especially cute name (which is, like, all of them) or on the pets I know someone, usually a guildmate, has been unsuccessful in farming. :twisted:

Post by Guest » December 11th, 2013, 5:13 am

Vendor everything.

Besides the gold reward for completing the daily tamers, it's my only real source of income.

Eekmeister
Pet Score:2873
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Eekmeister » December 11th, 2013, 9:51 pm

I keep the shrink/grow biscuits, the xp buff, and bandages. I wish the biscuits were account bound because then when I bank on my alts I could chuck'em at random pets. Most people still really get a kick out of a teeny tiny dragon or a monolithic idol. I know I do!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » December 12th, 2013, 3:32 am

Bandages I keep, everything else I sell/destroy..

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » December 12th, 2013, 9:40 am

I keep bandages which are sent to an alt working bank duty atm, I keep a stack on my main (25). XP stuff i keep. Rest toss.

I did get a Chain Leash once only, kept that as I couldnt find info regarding it rarity and. Imagine that on Core hound pup or smt :D

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » December 13th, 2013, 1:57 am

i guess im a dork, i toss everything but the pet biscuits then i use those take screen shots, put them into paint crop out what i dont want in there and then save the pic. then i have it rotate on my wallpaper

Dawayn
MVP
Pet Score:4305
BattleTag®:Dawayn#2413
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Dawayn » December 13th, 2013, 7:23 am

I sell everything but the bandages, I have one bank toon with 9 20-slot bags filled with bandages! I just can't sell them 0.o

Jackbarxiao

Post by Jackbarxiao » December 14th, 2013, 4:30 am

Story of my life, day late, dollar short.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 14th, 2013, 3:14 pm

Dawayn wrote:I sell everything but the bandages, I have one bank toon with 9 20-slot bags filled with bandages! I just can't sell them 0.o
LOL! I'm like you too. I used to sell them as well but then I had none and that was annoying. Actually, it always seems that I'm out on the character that's doing the dailies. So then afterward I get on my other toon and mail them to that chara, only to decide to do the dailies on another chara. Story of my life.

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » December 14th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Kendrah wrote: LOL! I'm like you too. I used to sell them as well but then I had none and that was annoying. Actually, it always seems that I'm out on the character that's doing the dailies. So then afterward I get on my other toon and mail them to that chara, only to decide to do the dailies on another chara. Story of my life.

I leave 1 stack on every toon! Precisely because I kept forgetting them and then BAM! would need to heal and have to fly to a mailbox >.>