Idea for fast Leveling, need Advice

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Nataku
Pet Score:11679
Realm:Kargath-eu
Idea for fast Leveling, need Advice

Post by Nataku » October 31st, 2012, 10:46 am

Hey there,
first i want to excuse for possibly bad grammar, english is not my natural language.

Last night i've got an idea for speed leveling my pets. I came across a low level master pet tamer npc with daily quest and decided to try something out. I've seen the video on this site showing a dragon bone hatchling spawn to power level. So i battled the tamer with two level 1 pets and a 25 pet the same way. I noticed a much bigger experience gain as shown in the video per fight. I headed to all tamers on one continent in raising level, one by one and endet up with two level 11 pets after 30 minutes of which the most i was flying around. I was able to continue this method up to the grand master tamer of outland, the tamers of northrend were too hard to fight with one level 25. But at this time i had 2 lvl 17 pets and 2 lvl 11 pets (i'd done the same in eastern kingdoms with an alliance char) plus a nice amount of gold through the daily quests.

Now i had the idea to park an level 1 alt in front of every master tamer, it would be a noticable chunk of work, but if finished, i just had to log over to battle all of them in much less time. And if all my pets are lvl 11 and above, moving the alts to northrend and higher tamers, trying to fight 1 low level pet with two high level pets.

Another idea was to start right away with the outland tamers, experience is calculated through level difference of the fighting pets, isn't it? So if i use lvl 1 against level 20+, it should rain big numbers. I'll try tomorrow if this works better. :D
Any suggestions?

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Re: Idea for fast Leveling, need Advice

Post by Talmar » October 31st, 2012, 11:58 am

I actually do this now and have for some time. I usually only power level a pet one at a time but I'll battle the tamers with a level 1 and then the level 25 only so xp is a bit more for the level 1. It's not split between two level 1's.

When a pet gets to level 11 to 13 I usually let it stay out a bit. Depending on the pet it can get a shot in or two against the EK and Kali master tamers.

Nataku

Post by Nataku » October 31st, 2012, 12:22 pm

Hm, i thought the experience is split up equally between all pets who were activ in the battle. So if you battle with one low and one high level pet, 50% of experience gained is lost due to the pet already being maxed out. If i use 3 pets in one battle, only one third should be lost. Or am i missing something here?

Talmar
MVP

Post by Talmar » October 31st, 2012, 3:23 pm

Yes, but me personally, I'd rather level 1 pet quicker.

Lets say you get 1000xp for the battle, 50% is wasted but my level 1 gets 500xp. That same 1000xp divided up by 3 is 333.333 xp each, so the two level 1's each get 333.333 xp.

If you're looking at leveling lots of pets quickly you're method is quicker. If you looking at leveling that one special pet quicker, it's my way.

Just depends on your end goal. That's all.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » October 31st, 2012, 5:20 pm

I suggest ending the fight using [url=http://petbattlearena.com/ab.php?ab=282]Explode[/url]. This removes the high level pet from the equation, and the remaining low level pets will get all of the XP. Pandaria tamer daily quests give upwards of 2000 XP this way.

Nataku

Post by Nataku » October 31st, 2012, 9:04 pm

I'm not yet capable of beating the pandaria tamers, had a lot of problems with major payne (curse you, grizzly bear...) and the guy with 3 undead pets before. My team consists of Monk, Celestial Dragon and Lil'Raggy. Was planning to get the Hopling up to 25 as soon as possible and will take the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling for Explode. What else could i take for this method of leveling?

Talmar
MVP

Post by Talmar » November 1st, 2012, 9:33 am

I'm still stuck in Northrend. The tamer with all the flyers still eats me alive.

So when Explode says "40% of the users total health" is that current health or max health?

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Cropher » November 1st, 2012, 10:09 am

Talmar wrote: So when Explode says "40% of the users total health" is that current health or max health?
It's current max health, which is one reason why pets that have abilities that increase max health can be so useful.

Onzo

Post by Onzo » November 1st, 2012, 10:18 am

Even if XP is split evenly, you still want to level two pets at a time while powerleveling. If you're leveling one at a time, only 50% of your XP is going toward your goal. If you're leveling two, 66% of your XP is going toward power leveling. That's 32% faster leveling for your pets.

Unless you're down to ONE pet you intend to level, there's no good reason to powerlevel one pet at a time.

Mrsimon
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Mrsimon » November 1st, 2012, 2:41 pm

Do you have to be 90 to get pet battle dailies? I'm still 87 and I don't see any.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » November 1st, 2012, 3:42 pm

Darkmoon Zeppelin has 1546 HP at level 25, so his Explode does a bit over 600 damage, and that's modified by health buffs like Cropher said.

Darkmoon Zeppelin is very very good against Major Payne's grizzly bear by the way, so you could kill two birds with one stone.

Also, for the guy in Howling Fjord with the 3 flyers, an Emerald Whelpling beats him handily (use the shield rather than moonfire).

You don't need to be 90 to get the dailies, you only need to beat the top-level tamer for that continent in order to unlock all of the tamer dailies for that continent (where the 'continents' are EK, Kalimdor, Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm, Pandaria). This was bugged early in the xpac, and they implemented a fix that mostly worked for the people I know, but I've also seen recent reports of people being unable to get particular dailies.

Cercio

Post by Cercio » November 2nd, 2012, 11:11 am

I have 33 level 25's at the moment. Rarely I will fight the tamers in pandaria with a lower level and 2 level 25's to get an xp jump but mostly I've gained my exp from just grinding the mobs in valley of 4 winds. Depending on what you're leveling it can go extremely quick. I had a level 17 rare darkshore cub that was able to solo 3 level 24 critters getting himself 780 xp a fight.

Faela
MVP
Pet Score:2774
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Faela » November 5th, 2012, 12:04 pm

I've found that the farmer tamer in Valley of the Four Winds is really good for power levelling pets on. She has 2 elementals, so any water abilities make short work of them, and one of her pets seems to only rarely deal damage, most of the time it just heals itself.