Wild Pet Spawning Change 5.1

Share pet collecting news and advice.
TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us
Re: Wild Pet Spawning Change 5.1

Post by TippyKitt » November 6th, 2012, 10:16 am

Mawder wrote:When I visited http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/comments/Mawder/ it has 0 comments so I thought that was the way to see my comments.
Thats how to see the comments you've made on the pages of pets. To see your posts look to the top of the forum and click "View your posts".

On Topic: The ONLY way this could work is if Blizz makes the rare pets timers shorter. I sat for over an hour seeing if a Minfernal would spawn but nothing.

Personally I love the idea of having them be very rare secondary pets. This way you can do more then just sit and wait for a spawn, you can level alternate pets. It makes it much more fair for everyone to find a rare and/or rare quality of a rare pet.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » November 6th, 2012, 4:51 pm

The WoW forums have some hints that this may have been implemented already with today's restarts. Specifically, people are reporting just one Minfernal/Scourged Whelpling available as soon as the server came back up, rather than the usual field full of them. But of course it's possible that the spawns were just mostly cleared out prior to their arrival.

So I'm curious: did anyone log in to a camp spot immediately after restart today and see multiples of a rare spawn up?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 6th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Poofah wrote:The WoW forums have some hints that this may have been implemented already with today's restarts. Specifically, people are reporting just one Minfernal/Scourged Whelpling available as soon as the server came back up, rather than the usual field full of them. But of course it's possible that the spawns were just mostly cleared out prior to their arrival.

So I'm curious: did anyone log in to a camp spot immediately after restart today and see multiples of a rare spawn up?
I wouldn't be surprised if they already implemented this or at the very least, started testing it on live servers. Hm, I'll have to find some time to sit in Felwood and just camp the area to find out.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jrshoe
Pet Score:3509
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Jrshoe » November 9th, 2012, 2:26 am

I'll be perfectly honest. If it makes these pets harder to obtain, I don't like it. If they either a. allow them to show up as secondaries or b. allow improved respawn timers (especially for Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling), then I don't think this would be a bad change.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » November 9th, 2012, 3:02 pm

do we know when 5.1 is going to be implemented?

Lunarific
Top Rater
Pet Score:4359
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Lunarific » November 9th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Poofah wrote:The WoW forums have some hints that this may have been implemented already with today's restarts. Specifically, people are reporting just one Minfernal/Scourged Whelpling available as soon as the server came back up, rather than the usual field full of them. But of course it's possible that the spawns were just mostly cleared out prior to their arrival.

I was there for the restart that day, I saw two scourged whelplings up in my immediate area; another guy beat me to one so I went for the other. My old GM also happened to be in the area and caught one too, so there were definitely at least 3 up after this week's restart.

Itsmnevis
Top Rater
Pet Score:3308
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Itsmnevis » November 9th, 2012, 4:07 pm

If it were a democracy, my vote for the best fix would be allowing the hard-to-get pets to spawn as secondaries. Logging on alts to see if there happens to be a Minfernal, only to see a dozen players from across the CRZ, isn't much fun.

I happen to have both a Minfernal (white) and a Scourged Whelpling (green), neither of which I found at a restart. (The Minfernal is the only one I've seen, and I've seen a number of Scourged Whelplings.) And I'm not a hard-core completist; I'll keep looking occasionally for a rare, and I might someday upgrade one or both, but not having a rare isn't a huge deal to me right now. But if I was still one of the people ardently hunting them, I'd much rather be flying around the zone fighting the rats and cockroaches than just logging on and hanging out.