Couple questions, please

Share pet collecting news and advice.
MachineMaiden
Pet Score:5367
Realm:Silvermoon-us
Couple questions, please

Post by MachineMaiden » November 20th, 2013, 1:34 pm

First off I would like to say I adore this site and have been a long time lurker, member. Despite that and many pets, there are still some things I am not sure of. I have some questions that have been burning on my mind and I'm hoping someone may answer. (If I have anymore I will just update this instead of bumping it.)

1) When pet battling I noticed that in comments some people say S/S is the best pet speed but I notice that they say for PVP but what about PVE? For instances, the [pet]Crow[/pet] I noticed people saying S/S is the best for PVP but is S/S the best for PVE as well or would a P/S or P/B be more better?

2) Relating to question 1. If PVP stats are different for PVE ones is there a list I may peruse to make a team. I'm currently doing Beasts of Fable I and it's giving me somewhat of trouble.

3) I recently captured a [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet] but of Common quality. I have a Flawless Battle-Stone but I really don't want to use that on her. I was thinking of trying to farm for a Flawless Undead Battle-Stone but when I do a search I really don't find a lot of information on where to find/farm one. Can someone please inform me on how to get one? I'm not having any luck with pet daily bags either. :?

-----
Question/Favor actually:
With the last achievement Raiding with Leashes I know you just had to have the pets in your journal and you would get [pet]Mr. Bigglesworth[/pet] and not even have to keep them. So I was hoping that someone might let me loan/borrow for a brief moment so I can register them in my journal for Raiding with Leashes II and get [pet]Tito[/pet] then give the pets back. I would be oh so grateful if someone would!
-----

Thank you so much in advanced!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Couple questions, please

Post by Peanutty » November 20th, 2013, 1:49 pm

I don't PVP heavily so there's folks better suited to answer this, but in general I think stats that make a pet good for PVP would also be pretty good for PVE. PVE is probably more forgiving though.

Beasts of Fable you can try the one round nuke strategy (Val'kyr, Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominius) or the strat I use is the old Life Exchange one, where you bring in a pet with Life Exchange, let it get beaten up a bit and then use Life Exchange, and mop up with any pets that are strong against type (i.e. Mechanical vs Beast fable type).

I would use the BoE stone on the Val'kyr myself, as it's still not easy to find them and it's a useful pet. If you really don't, just keep sticking with doing daily tamers for their bags - even if you don't get an undead stone if you get 3 of any 1 type of stone you can turn it in at SW/Org to get a BoP battle stone good for any family.

MachineMaiden

Post by MachineMaiden » November 20th, 2013, 2:16 pm

Well I was really looking for more PVE stats because I don't really PVP myself much, if at all. :lol:

As for the Beasts of Fable, thank you very much for that tip! Is there a certain pet that is more suited? Currently lvling my [pet]Mini Mindslayer [/pet] after you told me of that but is there another pet more better?

Oh wow, I never knew about the 3 stones of any type into 1 of your choice. Is there a place that has a relatively high drop rate for stones then so I can exchange one for an Undead type? Where exactly in SW/Org is the NPC that does this if it's alright to ask.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » November 20th, 2013, 2:20 pm

If you do the panda trainers you'll end up with a lot of undead stones. Careful about trading in 3 of the family stones for a marked flawless battle stone until you've gotten all of your pets in that family to rare. The Flawless BoE stone you have I'd save for a beast or a flying pet just since those are far harder to get then undead stones.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » November 20th, 2013, 2:25 pm

The stats that make one pet better than another in PvP or PvE are all relative. The difference in PvE is you know exactly what you are up against. So in the case of, say, going against the Beast of Fable No-No you will want to have an S/S Crow because a P/B Crow is slower than No-No and that's not optimal. Since the pets you encounter in PvP may (or may not) affect your strategy it's much harder to dictate what's best in many cases.

There are (as always) some exceptions - for example, if you plan to use Explode / Armageddon then you'd probably want a pet with the highest health you can get (for the biggest boom) - especially since other than the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling none of them will win any speed races. :D. Or if you wanted to use a Scourged Whelpling (because you want to, dangit!) and it's Tail Whip, well you should go for the slowest you can find so it always gets the double-strike.

I'm sure that for some pets there is a breed a majority of PvE or PvP players would say is best (Minfernal H/H anyone?) but in too many cases it depends on how you want to use them AND on who you end up facing with them.

For ideas on the Beasts of Fable, take a look [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7556#p57983]here[/url] for a couple of solid teams to help you thru. They are not the only way (not even close) but they are solid options for all of them. You can scroll up to the top of the linked guide if you want to see details (including breeds) for teams to handle all the Pandarian Master Tamers plus the 4 from Cata and 1 each from Wrath and BC.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 20th, 2013, 3:23 pm

MachineMaiden wrote:1) When pet battling I noticed that in comments some people say S/S is the best pet speed but I notice that they say for PVP but what about PVE? For instances, the [pet]Crow[/pet] I noticed people saying S/S is the best for PVP but is S/S the best for PVE as well or would a P/S or P/B be more better?
I don't do PVP battles so I'm probably not the best choice to answer in a comparison question but... In PVE battles, it depends on the battle, the class of pet, and what I'm expecting from the battle. I don't have a hard solid rule for my PVE pets. Birds, in general, however, I do try to get at least one with S/S. Flyers have that racial that wears off and sometimes you kind of depend on being first and hitting hard.

I'm actively searching for an H/H bird for No-No. One of my favorite dragon killers is an S/S. It really jumps around. But mostly, I don't really care too much about the breed unless it becomes an issue.
MachineMaiden wrote:2) Relating to question 1. If PVP stats are different for PVE ones is there a list I may peruse to make a team. I'm currently doing Beasts of Fable I and it's giving me somewhat of trouble.
I use Unborn Val, Pandarian Water Elemental, and Chrom (<a href="http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4314">here</a>.) It's still doable to use that combo with the fables, even after the Unborn nerf/fix. I rearrange things for the turtle, though. And No-No's team has always been different (I use Chichi, sparkler, and another strong flyer.)
MachineMaiden wrote:3) I recently captured a [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet] but of Common quality. I have a Flawless Battle-Stone but I really don't want to use that on her. I was thinking of trying to farm for a Flawless Undead Battle-Stone but when I do a search I really don't find a lot of information on where to find/farm one. Can someone please inform me on how to get one? I'm not having any luck with pet daily bags either. :?
I love Unborn. It's a very strong pet. You should use it. XD If you aren't getting unborn stones than you could just turn in the three of another kind of another unmarked stone. Or you can buy one on the AH or do the tourney for three weeks.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 20th, 2013, 5:47 pm

MachineMaiden wrote:Oh wow, I never knew about the 3 stones of any type into 1 of your choice. Is there a place that has a relatively high drop rate for stones then so I can exchange one for an Undead type? Where exactly in SW/Org is the NPC that does this if it's alright to ask.
In Org, the trainer is on top of the plateau near the flight path. In SW, the trainer is near the lake where the Cataclysm portals are. I have noticed that other pet battle trainers will trade stones with you as well... I know for sure that the one in Falconwing Square (blood elf starting town) will, and I expect that any of the others will also... those are basically all in the starting towns for each race... the same ones that will sell you the racial pets.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » November 20th, 2013, 6:30 pm

The key really is that anything more than 1 point faster than you opponent is a wasted stat. You don't get anything from being faster other than going first and that only takes 1 more point of speed. In PvE ,like the beasts of fable or the trainers, you know exactly how fast your opponent will be when you want to be faster so you can min/max to find a pet that is just a little bit faster but still has the most hps and/or power possible. In pvp you don't have the luxury of knowing how fast your opponent will be so if you have a pet who's move set is highly dependent on going first (dodge, flurry, alpha strike, etc) you have to go as fast as possible if you want to make sure you get that benefit. You could target some other breed knowing that 325 or 300 speed or whatever is fast enough to be faster than most other pets and plan to use a different pet to deal with faster pets. A pet with a shell or sandstorm for example will typically be very effective against a fast pet because they often rely on multiple attacks and it reduces each attack.

I wouldn't use a flawless stone on the Unborn Val'kyr even tho she is a really nice pet. If you spend any time doing the trainers and Beasts of fable you are bound to get some undead stones and there are very few undead pets that must be upgraded and very few undead pets in general. If you wanted to try to farm an undead battle stone specifically you'd need to do wild pet battles against high level undead pets which there really aren't any good options.

Which pets do you still need for raiding with leashes 2?
Another option would be to watch the AH and buy them, learn them, recage them and resell them. Does require a little bit of gold to do it but doesn't require you to spend it permanently.

MachineMaiden

Post by MachineMaiden » November 20th, 2013, 8:20 pm

So much good advice! I am so grateful! I have found the vendor everyone is talking about! I was thinking about just farming 3 stones and exchanging it for an Undead one. Which pets would be the best for that? Does it depend on level? What I mean is do higher level pet battles have a greater rate of dropping stones then lower?

@kpb321 As for raiding with leashes 2 I kinda need them all. :oops: I took a break from wow and just recently came back and collecting all the ones I've missed and my gold is kinda low. :lol: Just hoping someone is kind enough to let me register them in my achievement for Tito and I'll give them back after.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 20th, 2013, 11:22 pm

MachineMaiden wrote:As for the Beasts of Fable, thank you very much for that tip! Is there a certain pet that is more suited? Currently lvling my [pet]Mini Mindslayer [/pet] after you told me of that but is there another pet more better?
For the Life Exchange strategy I use mostly Nether Faerie Dragon/Sprite Darter Hatchling but yes I also use Mini Mindslayer. Against aquatic Beast of Fables the two dragons have flying attacks which will deal extra damage.
Kpb321 wrote:I wouldn't use a flawless stone on the Unborn Val'kyr even tho she is a really nice pet. If you spend any time doing the trainers and Beasts of fable you are bound to get some undead stones and there are very few undead pets that must be upgraded and very few undead pets in general. If you wanted to try to farm an undead battle stone specifically you'd need to do wild pet battles against high level undead pets which there really aren't any good options.
If you really can't decide about using the stone on the Val'kyr (everyone's advice is different, so it probably is confusing!) I would say hold off on stoning it right now and try to do as many of the daily pet tamers for bags as you can each day. Kpb is right, there are very few undead pets overall and so you won't have many to upgrade, so if you are patient I think you'll see one pop up in a bag soon enough. If you really don't have any luck with it you can reconsider if you want to burn the BoE stone on it at that point.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 21st, 2013, 5:03 am

MachineMaiden wrote:So much good advice! I am so grateful! I have found the vendor everyone is talking about! I was thinking about just farming 3 stones and exchanging it for an Undead one. Which pets would be the best for that? Does it depend on level? What I mean is do higher level pet battles have a greater rate of dropping stones then lower?
Do the panda dailies. You get a ton of stones on the dailies (I think the dailies will net you some 13 pet supply bags, right?) I'd saw 99% of my blue rares (the ones that didn't come blue, that is) were from the daily stones. Hell, I've gotten so many that I literally don't need any for undead, mech, human, dragon, magical, and elemental. Seriously. They're all blue. As an aside, you have to have three stones of the same kind to turn into one unmarked flawless stone. I think that's crappy but whatever.

MachineMaiden

Post by MachineMaiden » November 22nd, 2013, 11:32 am

@Kendrah I think you brought me luck because after fighting the wind daily I got an undead in my bad! Was so super happy!

----

Guess no one will do the favor. :? Ah well, no hard feelings! You all have provided me with such great info I can't thank you all enough!

Droodics
Top Rater
Pet Score:3692
BattleTag®:Frozenlore#2917
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Droodics » November 26th, 2013, 8:39 am

Are you on EU or US?
I see you are on US. I could have helped you with 9/10 of those pets. Just wait, some good samaritan will come along for you on US.

MachineMaiden

Post by MachineMaiden » November 26th, 2013, 3:19 pm

Droodics wrote:Are you on EU or US?
I see you are on US. I could have helped you with 9/10 of those pets. Just wait, some good samaritan will come along for you on US.
I'm on US and alas no good samaritan as of yet. :? To bad as well. I would have tried to purchase that last one and we could have both helped each other. :(

Bignasty
Top Rater

Post by Bignasty » November 27th, 2013, 8:23 am

MachineMaiden wrote:
Droodics wrote:Are you on EU or US?
I'm on US and alas no good samaritan as of yet. :? To bad as well. I would have tried to purchase that last one and we could have both helped each other. :(

I'm on US server Emerald dream ally side, feel free to add me Bignasty#6620 and I'll help you out, maybe we can get you the crazy cat man/lady title too if you have at least 1 25 so you can borrow them...

MachineMaiden

Post by MachineMaiden » November 27th, 2013, 3:11 pm

Bignasty wrote: I'm on US server Emerald dream ally side, feel free to add me Bignasty#6620 and I'll help you out, maybe we can get you the crazy cat man/lady title too if you have at least 1 25 so you can borrow them...
I have sent you a friend request! I really appreciate this! This is very kind of you to do. =3
I already have that title but thank you so much for offering. You... have one heck of a collection! I'm envious of a lot of them! :shock:

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » November 29th, 2013, 8:44 am

Friend me up as well if you'd like. I'm always willing to help with teams or what-not. I also trade and sell A LOT. Look me up if you need anything!

Cheers!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Luthervian
Top Rater
Pet Score:10934
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Luthervian » November 29th, 2013, 9:49 am

Sorry that I did not see your post until now. If you still need any help with these or have any questions about pet trainer battles, levelling, trades, etc, please feel free to add Luthervian#1453 to your battlenet friends list. I'm almost always on, pet battling away so I can be there to help!

I'm Alliance on Stormrage and Sisters of Elune.