Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sweetdr0ps
Top Rater
Pet Score:9135
BattleTag®:Sweetdr0ps#1199
Realm:The Forgotten Coast-us
question about merging acounts for pets

Post by Sweetdr0ps » November 17th, 2013, 5:56 pm

Im considering buying someones old acount that has not been used in 2 years, since cata, its has pets on it that i want that are difficult to obtain. Will i be able to merge this account with mine? If so what steps must be taken

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: question about merging acounts for pets

Post by Quintessence » November 17th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Merging B.net accounts only occurred when they made the switch over to Battle.net. Currently there's no way to merge two separate B.net accounts.

You can, however, add a WoW license into your B.net account, but only if you are related to the other account holder IIRC. A married couple can link accounts, as can a parent and child. I think you'd need to prove that you are related somehow, though.

I've never tried to add someone else's WoW license to my B.net before, so perhaps someone with more experience in this area will stop by and give you more details.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 17th, 2013, 6:57 pm

I tried to add my brother's account to my battle.net. His last name is different than mine. And we were unable to do so even tho we called and verified everything and whatnot. This was a while ago and I think the person on the phone almost did it for us, but in the end was a no go.

Sweetdr0ps
Top Rater
Pet Score:9135
BattleTag®:Sweetdr0ps#1199
Realm:The Forgotten Coast-us

Post by Sweetdr0ps » November 17th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Yeah I did some reading and found that it can only be done with accounts that have not yet merged to a battle.net account (pre-cata). Bummer as this person had both mini tyrael AND murky >.>. Apparently once an account has been added to a battle.net its achvs, mounts and pets are bound to that .net account.