Black Market AH

Share pet collecting news and advice.
NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Black Market AH

Post by NathKnave » October 28th, 2012, 10:23 pm

I just won Bananas from the Black Market AH. I just about made myself sick from nerves watching three people milling about there with (in my estimation, which turned out correct) less than 5 minutes left. So awesome seeing "You won an auction for Banana Charm" in my chat window.

Bananas today, and the Blue Drake last week, I'm having some pretty good luck with it (although, to be honest, a relatively low server population most likely helps). Anyone else able to snag any really sweet deals?

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: Black Market AH

Post by Lysi » October 28th, 2012, 11:32 pm

I got Bananas. I think only one other person bid. I was happy because I've always debated about that particular pet, didn't quite seem worth the cash.

It doesn't really seem to be much of a gold sink, though. Only two items were up for auction when I got Bananas, and the other one I doubt anyone wanted. Also, I think it really needs some unique items, not just old stuff. It should have a couple new lower priced items, the kind of thing that would be common enough everyone will have them eventually, just to be like a trademark for the BMAH. But, also, some seriously cool new stuff priced very high. And it would be cool if once in a while, not very often, something really rare (could be an old item or a new one) actually started out with a very low opening bid. Then you'd have a real bidding war!

I doubt I'll get much else off of the Black Market though, just because my pockets aren't very deep. While I was still trying to build up my gold again after Bananas, a Darkmoon Rabbit showed up on the Horde auction house for only 35k! I couldn't believe it. I'm guessing it was the same person who posted it like the week before for 60k, that must have expired. I had to borrow some gold from my hubby's toon but I got it! So now I'm broke and I owe hubby too boot, lol.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » October 29th, 2012, 5:01 am

yeh i got banana's and hippogryph off the blk market too..hippogryph was alot more in demand than banana;s tho' now im broke lol and my mate has offred me his soul trader and now im like why did i buy them lol. ah well...well done
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » October 30th, 2012, 3:15 am

I've yet to see a pet other than the oozling show up on the BMAH so far, it seems to be all assorted T6 and TCG novelties like the weather machine etc. Heck yesterday I went in and it said there was nothing, try back later :(

Kelldorn
Pet Score:4353
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Kelldorn » October 30th, 2012, 9:53 pm

I've seen a few pets, mostly NPC bought ones, thou there was a couple of easy drop pets. Mostly I'm seeing a lot of T3 items from classic Naxx. Only one mount that I've wanted appeared, but I'm pretty sure I'll be farming Stonecore for that as soon as I'm sick of dailys. :)

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » October 30th, 2012, 10:40 pm

No luck on my server with anything I'm missing coming up on the BMAH yet. I won a couple pieces of tier 3. Mage shoulders on my priest, shaman shoulders on my hunter (I like crossdressing my alts a lot, rogue looks like druid, druid looks like rogue, hunter looks like shaman, priest alternates between mage and lock looks). I'm keeping a look out for Mimi's Head or Invincible if they ever show up. I'm sure they will go for max bid.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » October 31st, 2012, 5:27 am

Picked up the reins of the Blazing drake the other night for the minimum bid. I was shocked to see "you have won ..." when it finally ended but 100k well spent :) I'd never see / get it another way, so was happy with that!

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » October 31st, 2012, 7:07 pm

The rocket chicken showed up on ours, it was at 60k at the time and I did not see the final bids. We've also seen teh fishing chain and the nether rocket extreme went for 110k. Not bad prices, But, I'm very interested in those pretty JC cats, so I'm holding off on the Black Market AH for now. I've also noticed that regular pet prices for TCG pets have come down a ton recently. I think the spectral tiger cub owners for example, are twitchy about the datamined one and are trying to unload. A month ago, they were 300k average, now they are 110k-150k. The lesser ones have come down to 8-11k from 30-40k. Probably makes sense, I'm not sure how many pet collectors there are now that things are account wide and there will be duplicate skins.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » October 31st, 2012, 10:42 pm

How much did you pay for what pets off the Black Market AH? Just curious to see if different servers effect the prices that much! Thanks!

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Avarre » November 1st, 2012, 11:49 am

Anyone knows if there can be the Soul Trader or the Spectral Tiger Cub on the BMAH? Cos it there is, i need to be saving for them :P .

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » November 1st, 2012, 11:51 am

A bit OT, but the onyxian drake showed up today on the BMAH. I logged in at 4 am server time (I'm in Europe playing on a US server so no, it wasn't actually 4 am for me:P) and it was already at max bid. So someone must be checking the BMAH and bidding up things the minute they show up for the day. Ahhh, the joy of being on a high pop server.