Reaper of Souls CE pet revealed

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Reaper of Souls CE pet revealed

Post by Luciandk » November 13th, 2013, 2:55 pm

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1395137-Patch-5-4-2-PTR-Build-17585?p=23579645#post23579645

Click on the image in new models.

Feats of Strength

Collector's Edition: Treasure Goblin (New) Owner of the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Treasure Goblin pet. Account Wide.

Edit: Abilities can be found here:
http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/149810-treasure-goblin#related:learns
Last edited by Luciandk on November 14th, 2013, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_trainmaster
Pet Score:1468
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Re: Reaper of Souls CE pet revealed

Post by The_trainmaster » November 13th, 2013, 3:02 pm

It's no Mini Malthael, but I'll take it! Looks awesome!

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » November 13th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Will be interesting to see the abilities. I think its a fairly safe bet that the Treasure Goblin have an 'escape portal' feign death like ability. A speed buff ability I could see too. And perhaps borrowing Lil Bling's [ability]Make it Rain[/ability].

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » November 13th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Yes, yes, and yes! I am super jazzed for this pet!

Epicleptic
Top Rater
Pet Score:10816
BattleTag®:Epicleptic#2421
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Epicleptic » November 13th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Luciandk wrote:Will be interesting to see the abilities. I think its a fairly safe bet that the Treasure Goblin have an 'escape portal' feign death like ability. A speed buff ability I could see too. And perhaps borrowing Lil Bling's [ability]Make it Rain[/ability].
From the datamining it seems to learn 'Coin Toss', 'Disruption', 'Dodge', 'Magic Sword', 'Portal' and 'Wild Magic'. [url=http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/149810-treasure-goblin#related:learns]Source[/url] be here :)

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » November 13th, 2013, 8:57 pm

Epicleptic wrote:
Luciandk wrote:Will be interesting to see the abilities. I think its a fairly safe bet that the Treasure Goblin have an 'escape portal' feign death like ability. A speed buff ability I could see too. And perhaps borrowing Lil Bling's [ability]Make it Rain[/ability].
From the datamining it seems to learn 'Coin Toss', 'Disruption', 'Dodge', 'Magic Sword', 'Portal' and 'Wild Magic'. [url=http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/149810-treasure-goblin#related:learns]Source[/url] be here :)
Hah, wasnt far off in my guesstimate!

Magic Sword seems very interesting! If you look at it, it actually implies it summons a minion with a duration of 6 rounds.

Activate Magic Sword, then possibly Wild Magic to Buff its damage even further and Portal out so it deals damage while you are on the backrow.

Coin Toss plus Portal could also have use with a swapin to buff its damage over multiple rounds. Mana Surge is an obvious candidate.

Though I think its biggest problem is that it has little to no oomph of its own. Though I wonder if it will have enough speed to make decent use out of Dodge. A definite support and staller pet.

Edit: If you however can create multiple swords, balanced by their low hit, then it could give some significant oomph.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » November 13th, 2013, 9:58 pm

Omg, totally going on my xmas list... Maybe my mom will go halvsies with me, since it will surely be a $60 CE just like all the others :) She always has trouble figuring out what to get me anyways...

Also, looks like a strong battler... will be getting this little guy to 25 ASAP once he goes live. Anyone know when Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is set to release?

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » November 13th, 2013, 11:42 pm

If I had to make an educated guess on the planned launch date for D3: Reaper of Souls, my money would be on March 14th, 2014, the day they're taking down the Auction House.

And to be fair, I totally discovered this pet on Friday at Blizzcon, but was asked not to reveal it. Took pics of it in the demo area!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 14th, 2013, 1:14 am

Luciandk wrote:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1395137-Patch-5-4-2-PTR-Build-17585?p=23579645#post23579645

Click on the image in new models.

Feats of Strength

Collector's Edition: Treasure Goblin (New) Owner of the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Treasure Goblin pet. Account Wide.
Soooooo cute...

I really hope, in the D3Exp, you get a chance to use Goblins portal to go to their realm and fight a Goblin Boss..

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » November 14th, 2013, 1:15 pm

I love the look of this pet, no way am I missing out on the collectors edition again, I still kick myself for not getting the fetish pet from the last one...

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » November 14th, 2013, 4:36 pm

Doobjanka wrote:If I had to make an educated guess on the planned launch date for D3: Reaper of Souls, my money would be on March 14th, 2014, the day they're taking down the Auction House.

And to be fair, I totally discovered this pet on Friday at Blizzcon, but was asked not to reveal it. Took pics of it in the demo area!
Well maybe I'll put it on my B-day list then... It's March 4th after all. Close enough :) Hopefully we don't have to wait too long though!

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 14th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Doobjanka wrote:If I had to make an educated guess on the planned launch date for D3: Reaper of Souls, my money would be on March 14th, 2014, the day they're taking down the Auction House.
That's been my assumption since they announced that date for the AH.

Be great if its true.