How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Index » December 26th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Ergh, does the armory take a while to update?

gone through all the steps, and in account management the account shows as a full account, but when logging in I get asked to upgrade or play trial.

Anyone come across that, or did I miss something?

Cheers :)

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » December 26th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Index wrote:Ergh, does the armory take a while to update?

gone through all the steps, and in account management the account shows as a full account, but when logging in I get asked to upgrade or play trial.

Anyone come across that, or did I miss something?

Cheers :)
Something sounds odd, unless it is asking if you want to upgrade from the vanilla set (which now covers through Cata) to say MoP? Otherwise no, that part of the system should go through right away. The only delay I am aware of with RaF is the 7-day wait to get your rewards which is driving me crazy. If you look at account management online and your good thee you should be good in game too.

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » December 26th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Index wrote:Shameless bump :)

Anyone know of UK retailers that sell 60 day game time cards? Doing it via DD takes 3 months, and would mean I would miss out! Or does anyone know a way to add ONLY 60 days game time via my account management options?

Many thanks, RAF pets, here I come!
You can buy game time via the Blizzard Store and it gives you the code to redeem I think, or may even provide an option to put straight on your account I'm not sure. But I have purchased game time for others via the store without issue--however I think it comes as 30 day or 90 day increments there so you would need two 30 day ones. Check the EU Blizzard Store and look under Services--I think that is where it is.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » December 26th, 2013, 11:54 pm

I got them through an online shop (http://www.g2a.com/world-of-warcraft-prepaid.html). They were around 20 Euros each when I bought them, meaning 10 Euros for the pet and another 10 for 1 month on my main account. Was quite okay in my opinion.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » December 27th, 2013, 12:41 am

Ah, sorry for the totally noob question. But what on earth does RAF stand for?

(Edit: Just figured it out. :P)

Recruit a Friend!

Lol. I just started an account on Black Friday so i can get the gold pig and a two seater mount.
Last edited by Abashera on December 27th, 2013, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Index

Post by Index » December 27th, 2013, 6:36 am

I did some digging late last night, and it seems that it can take up to 72 hours for the full account privelges to take effect, and naturally with it being Christmas it'll be slower :)

Will wait and see.

As for adding game time, I only seem to have the option for subscription, not to pre-buy game time, will send them an e-mail and ask!

Thanks for the help folks :)

Abashera
Pet Score:3114

Post by Abashera » December 27th, 2013, 1:44 pm

I just wish they would add the Vamperic Batling to the RAF pet options ...seeing they've added back into the game several pets that used to be promotional. But I'll be happy with my gold pig. Besides, the pig goes with my transmog. hehe

Index

Post by Index » December 29th, 2013, 7:35 am

Hi folks, turns out it was just processing time for the full account option to take effect, it's all working now.

Still need to find a UK retailer that offers 60 day cards :) If I can find that, I'll buy the last 3 accounts now and keep them for the next 9 months ><

Edit: turns out Currys sell the game time cards, and are currently @ £17.99 for the 60 days! WOOHOO!!

Tania
Pet Score:6089
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Tania » December 30th, 2013, 3:43 am

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the message board and have a enquire about the above question. I have tired this in the past, not the way the first messager described and I messed it up :( Lost out on alot of money, so, could somebody tell me in plain speak, the steps to getting a RAF mount or pet. Sorry to be a pain, but I don't have alot of money and really have one go at it. So any help would be greatful. Cheers Tania :oops:

Milamber
Pet Score:3244
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Milamber » January 1st, 2014, 12:57 am

Just did the procedure using my existing battle net account and all the RAF in game rewards are working, so I expect I will receive my pets next week! I also got an email on my main account telling me that my new recruits logged in while I was away, so that relieved me as well.

Also I can confirm that gametimezone.com still has the 5% discount by using "twizz" for the promo code, when you purchase your 60 day game codes and they email them right away. Thanks for the guide.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » January 1st, 2014, 4:23 pm

Is anyone else getting a RAF error message when trying to submit the RAF email address in game?

I have been getting this error message since last night:

"Failed to send recruit a friend request, please try again later"

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » January 2nd, 2014, 4:03 am

Tania wrote:Hello Everyone, I'm new to the message board and have a enquire about the above question. I have tired this in the past, not the way the first messager described and I messed it up :( Lost out on alot of money, so, could somebody tell me in plain speak, the steps to getting a RAF mount or pet. Sorry to be a pain, but I don't have alot of money and really have one go at it. So any help would be greatful. Cheers Tania :oops:
I found the explanation on the first page a bit unclear as well, but Quintessence made a very good step by step guide here: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.nl/2013 ... -pets.html

Tale
Top Rater
Pet Score:13901
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Tale » January 10th, 2014, 3:34 pm

Am I mistaken, or will this currently cost about $50 per pet? As far as what I'm seeing as the current shop pricing, you'd need to pay $20 to upgrade from Starter Edition to normal, then pay $15 per month of prepaid game time. Are there cheaper upgrade or game time options?

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » January 13th, 2014, 10:26 pm

Tale wrote:Am I mistaken, or will this currently cost about $50 per pet? As far as what I'm seeing as the current shop pricing, you'd need to pay $20 to upgrade from Starter Edition to normal, then pay $15 per month of prepaid game time. Are there cheaper upgrade or game time options?
2 months is $30, plus whatever the upgrade cost is.

There was a link for a cheaper upgrade to normal (without Pandaria) on an earlier page (page 3), that was working before the holiday sale, so it might still be working now.

Also, realize that one of the months you get is "free", as in you pay for it on the starter account but you get a month on your main account too.

Even if you're paying the full price for the starter/cata upgrade, with the "free" month of play time, you're still paying less than the Blizzcon virtual ticket to get that pet. ;) :lol:

Daedelusikarius
Pet Score:4778

Post by Daedelusikarius » July 12th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Can anyone confirm if this will work on an account which is on a trial presently and the character has levelled through 10.
Can a recruit a friend link be sent to that person and will it take and apply rewards for both?

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » July 12th, 2016, 2:15 pm

Daedelusikarius wrote:Can anyone confirm if this will work on an account which is on a trial presently and the character has levelled through 10.
Can a recruit a friend link be sent to that person and will it take and apply rewards for both?
I believe so, but I am not 100% sure. I would suggest submitting a ticket and asking or just giving it a shot and see what happens. Would just need to apply the RAF key that is sent to the trial account. I am thinking I recall someone asking this awhile back and a Bliz rep said it was possible, but I could be remembering this wrong. I think the only time it wouldn't work is if the account already had a regular game key applied to it (basic edition that comes with 30 days free, hence no longer being a trial). Let us know what happens, as now I am curious.

Jal

Auryona
MVP
Pet Score:5343
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Auryona » July 12th, 2016, 3:50 pm

Daedelusikarius wrote:Can anyone confirm if this will work on an account which is on a trial presently and the character has levelled through 10.
As long as the account is less than 30 days old, it will still qualify.

Note, however, that the 90 day bonus period begins from when the account was created. So if the trial account was created 10 days ago and you link them today, you'll only receive 80 days of bonus exp, etc.