How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11360
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Ziboo » November 28th, 2013, 2:49 pm

I was looking at the Gamestop ad and the Battlechest states (online purchase) that it was the MAC version not PC.
World of Warcraft Battlechest‑ MAC in the cart.

The MoP one is PC, but no game time.

I really don't want to do BF sales.

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » November 28th, 2013, 10:04 pm

Ziboo wrote:I was looking at the Gamestop ad and the Battlechest states (online purchase) that it was the MAC version not PC.

I *think* all Blizzard products are dual disks so they support both PC and Mac, so there isn't a PC or Mac version.

Ziboo
MVP

Post by Ziboo » November 28th, 2013, 11:47 pm

That's good to know. I saw MAC after it and was a bit concerned. Thank you.

Tale
Top Rater
Pet Score:13901
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Tale » November 29th, 2013, 8:50 am

Tiggindy wrote:My mistake seems to be getting my mail on a linux server, and using pine as a mail reader. For some reason it chopped a bit out of the middle of the URL, so when I copy/pasted it I didn't go to the right spot.
Saving the mail into a text file and then opening it gave me the full address, and plugging that in I was able to associate the new acct.
Bad Blizzard, no biscuit. This to me sounds very much like their mistake, not yours. As a Unix user who prefers plain text email too, I see a lot of companies that don't properly follow Internet mail standards and do things like misformat multipart/alternative so that the plain text part does not accurately reflect the HTML part. Maybe that's not what happened here, but it totally wouldn't surprise me given how common the fault is.

I haven't yet signed up for the RaF but was about to, so thank you for alerting me to this potential problem.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » November 29th, 2013, 10:36 am

So.. anyone try this yet and willing to share the results?

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 29th, 2013, 11:40 am

Ziboo wrote:I was looking at the Gamestop ad and the Battlechest states (online purchase) that it was the MAC version not PC.

Wait... the MoP sale does NOT include a game card? I am only doing this for the pets... I have no intention of using the accounts once that has been accomplished. So if I don't get time cards with my purchase of MoP through that sale, I will have wasted $40.

Valindria
MVP
Pet Score:3250
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Valindria » November 29th, 2013, 11:59 am

A phone call to GameStop says previous guesses are correct, the digital code on the receipt is for the battlechest, not game time. It cannot be done online, it's apparently an in-store promotion only - because the code for the battlechest prints on the physical receipt, the online order receipt wouldn't have it. Hope that helps anyone. The manager I spoke to was willing to hold items for me, your local store might be able to do the same for you.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 29th, 2013, 12:50 pm

Valindria wrote:A phone call to GameStop says previous guesses are correct, the digital code on the receipt is for the battlechest, not game time. It cannot be done online, it's apparently an in-store promotion only - because the code for the battlechest prints on the physical receipt, the online order receipt wouldn't have it. Hope that helps anyone. The manager I spoke to was willing to hold items for me, your local store might be able to do the same for you.
We don't have a local store where I live, so I can't get the card this way. Bummer. But I was able to cancel my order that I had placed online, so at least I am not out $40 for nothing. I guess I will just buy the time 1 month at a time from the Blizzard store as I had originally planned.

Valindria
MVP
Pet Score:3250
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Valindria » November 29th, 2013, 5:06 pm

Meistar wrote:Ok so let me get this correct, in order to get the 60 day gamecard I would have to buy both the Battlechest AND the MOP expansion? I just want the pets, I don't need 4 new accounts with MOP on them...
Go to GameStop. Request a copy of MoP. It'll be 9.99 until Sunday night [I think, the sale is for the weekend according to the manager I spoke with]. At the register, ask the cashier to make sure the Battlechest code prints on your receipt. It's free with the copy of MoP. The game time card is 29.99 and GameStop doesn't stock physical copies of it anymore, but other stores do. WalMart [Ew!], Target, BestBuy may have them. You could also order them online from GameStop or Amazon. But the time card itself is not part of the promotion.

The point of getting MoP is the bonus of getting all prior expansions for free. This makes the entire game 10$, and is more efficient for people who may actually play those other accounts to level another class [or two] with the bonus to experience and ports, then maybe move that char to their main account. If only for pets, one could presumably simply buy the Battlechest for 5$ and the game card for 30$ per the OP's initial guide.
Maizing wrote:We don't have a local store where I live, so I can't get the card this way. Bummer. But I was able to cancel my order that I had placed online, so at least I am not out $40 for nothing. I guess I will just buy the time 1 month at a time from the Blizzard store as I had originally planned.
You can order it online, perhaps not from GameStop, but from Amazon. It's also 5$, and might be worth your time if you're taking the "pet only" route. You can also get the game time card as well from there.

Hope all that helps!

Littlething
Pet Score:2902
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Littlething » November 29th, 2013, 7:02 pm

Ok so I have a question. If I gift myself some $5 battlechests from the blizz store, do the codes expire or can i use them at my leisure? I would want to take full advantage of the RAF and dual box level characters as well, so it will take a while to use them all. But i'd like to get all the chests out the way while the sale is on.

Sadly I can't take advantage of the MoP offer not living in the US :(

Shiranui
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Shiranui » November 30th, 2013, 2:58 pm

So it's 35$ then 5$ for battle chess, 15$ea. for the 2mo game time = pet or mount RAF?

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » November 30th, 2013, 4:35 pm

Shiranui wrote:So it's 35$ then 5$ for battle chess, 15$ea. for the 2mo game time = pet or mount RAF?
Correct. Set everything up and in 7 days you will get a notification to choose one.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Ziboo
MVP

Post by Ziboo » December 1st, 2013, 5:23 pm

>>Go to GameStop. Request a copy of MoP. It'll be 9.99 until Sunday night [I think, the sale is for the weekend according to the manager I spoke with]. At the register, ask the cashier to make sure the Battlechest code prints on your receipt. It's free with the copy of MoP. The game time card is 29.99 and GameStop doesn't stock physical copies of it anymore, but other stores do. WalMart [Ew!], Target, BestBuy may have them. You could also order them online from GameStop or Amazon. But the time card itself is not part of the promotion.<<

I was under the impression you had to purchase the Battle Chest for $5 and MoP for $9.99 if you want the full game.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » December 1st, 2013, 10:19 pm

Shiranui wrote:So it's 35$ then 5$ for battle chess, 15$ea. for the 2mo game time = pet or mount RAF?
Yes, sort of.

$5 Battlechest
$15 each for 2 months of play time
Total $35

But part of your RAF reward is a "free" month of play time, so if you're doing it for yourself, consider it to be $20 for the pet.

Either way, it's cheaper than Blizzcon and cheaper than a CE pet. ;)

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » December 7th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Has anyone had this go through successfully post-black friday? It has been a week now and I haven't gotten my reward. I imagine they got slammed with RAF stuff because of sales, but still, I am getting nervous!

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Post by Iamwhatis » December 7th, 2013, 10:05 pm

I actually talked to customer service, what a hassle, and they told me it's 7 business days

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » December 7th, 2013, 10:36 pm

I did it in Europe and received my pets a few days ago. I got them exactly after 7 days, on the minute.
So it doesn't seem to be counted by business days in the EU.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » December 8th, 2013, 12:15 am

Thanks! I'll give it 7 business days then.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » December 26th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Shameless bump :)

Anyone know of UK retailers that sell 60 day game time cards? Doing it via DD takes 3 months, and would mean I would miss out! Or does anyone know a way to add ONLY 60 days game time via my account management options?

Many thanks, RAF pets, here I come!