Share pet collecting news and advice.
Annys
Top Rater
Pet Score:4729
BattleTag®:Annys72#1333
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us
Recuit-A-Friend Pets are here!

Post by Annys » November 12th, 2013, 1:48 pm

I just got online and was able to claim the [pet]Zipao Tiger[/pet] for the RAF promotion! I am so excited that we are now able to get these pets...1 down and 3 more to go!! :D Just a heads up...they come as an Uncommon (green) pet so you will have to have a stone to upgrade them to rare.
Last edited by Annys on November 12th, 2013, 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brisela

Re: Recuit-A-Friend Pets

Post by Brisela » November 12th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Hi there

Congrars on the new raf pet. Whats the process of getting one I have never done this
Is it just open a new acct with a new email address and use my main acct as the referral and just pay the new acct?

Can you clarify :D

Thanks
Brisela

Anarchitect
Pet Score:6201
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Anarchitect » November 12th, 2013, 2:04 pm

You send a referral from your main account to the e-mail address you'll use to make the new account. Once you get the e-mail from Blizzard, you use the link they give you to sign up for a new account.

You have to buy the game ($20) and two months of game time ($30) for the new account.

Once you've signed up, bought an account and paid for the game time it might take awhile for it to show up in-game, but when it does you get a notification that you have a RAF award and you can pick one of the pets/mounts available.
Last edited by Anarchitect on November 12th, 2013, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annys
Top Rater

Post by Annys » November 12th, 2013, 2:09 pm

Brisela wrote:Hi there

Congrars on the new raf pet. Whats the process of getting one I have never done this
Is it just open a new acct with a new email address and use my main acct as the referral and just pay the new acct?

Can you clarify :D

Thanks
Brisela

Hi Brisela! Thank you!! :D Tbh..I was quite surprised that I received it since I did a RAF a loooong time ago and I didn't think it applied to me. When you open your friend's list there is an icon there that looks like to hands shaking. Just press on that and it will let you send an email to a friend. I just sent one to one of my many emails to see how the process is going to be. But if anyone here knows about the process, (which I am sure that there will be), I wouldn't mind knowing more specifics on it. So far, I received the email for the RAF and I see that they ask if you have a current account to upgrade but I'm not sure if you would have to start a new one (which you probably should). Hopefully our fellow pets collectors may have more insight on the process and can help us out with this! ;)

Annys
Top Rater

Post by Annys » November 12th, 2013, 2:13 pm

Anarchitect wrote:You send a referral from your main account to the e-mail address you'll use to make the new account. Once you get the e-mail from Blizzard, you use the link they give you to sign up for a new account.

You have to buy the game ($20) and two months of game time ($30) for the new account.

Once you've signed up, bought an account and paid for the game time it might take awhile for it to show up in-game, but when it does you get a notification that you have a RAF award and you can pick one of the pets/mounts available.
Thank you so much for the clarification! :)

Brisela

Post by Brisela » November 12th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Nice
Thank you both :D

After we get all 4 of raf pets I wish bliz can open up all the ones in journal including refional promotion
To raf as well :D

More money wont hurt right?

Brisela

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Re: Recuit-A-Friend Pets are here!

Post by Yazhi » November 12th, 2013, 3:40 pm

Is this US only? I logged on my account and still dont have the RAF option showing

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » November 12th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Question if anyone knows. I take it it's not again TOS to recruit yourself for RAF. Just use a different email a new battlenet account, a different credit card, buy the game for 19.99 and 2 months game time? Is that all?

Or do you actually have to play the toon LOL?

Thaysula
Pet Score:6596
BattleTag®:Thaysula#1842
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Thaysula » November 12th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Ravnhawk wrote:Question if anyone knows. I take it it's not again TOS to recruit yourself for RAF. Just use a different email a new battlenet account, a different credit card, buy the game for 19.99 and 2 months game time? Is that all?

Nope, you can do it to yourself. I have 2 wow accounts in one b.net account and the 2nd was referred by the first. (This is back when the swift Zhevra was the only RAF pet) I think they allow this as more then 1 person can live at the same address and often kids use there parents account until spun off by RAF.

I know several people who referred themselves when mists came out to speed level a monk.

Bob850
Pet Score:3046
BattleTag®:Bob#11850
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bob850 » November 12th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Ravnhawk wrote:Question if anyone knows. I take it it's not again TOS to recruit yourself for RAF. Just use a different email a new battlenet account, a different credit card, buy the game for 19.99 and 2 months game time? Is that all?

I've RAF myself before. Just send a invite to your same email address. I think your allowed to have up to five (?) wow licenses under one battlenet account. Then you just need to purchase 2 month game time for your new wow license and you get to pick you new RAF reward.

Annys
Top Rater

Post by Annys » November 12th, 2013, 5:09 pm

Thanks for asking these questions and answering them. They are ones that I didn't even think to ask and when you all asked them I was like "Oh yea...what about that?" ;)

Pikafido
MVP
Pet Score:13568
BattleTag®:Pikafido#2789
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Post by Pikafido » November 12th, 2013, 7:01 pm

Im from Holland and i just got a notice after i was dc'ed that i got a RAF reward to choose. Cant remember from when, but lately i havent raffed any one.
But I have chosen the emerald tiger hihihi

Pika

PS. Im now at 590 so the Murkalot isnt still displayed for EU.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » November 12th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Bob850 wrote:I've RAF myself before.
But my mom said I would go blind if I did that! :roll:

Keltoroq
Top Rater
Pet Score:3561
Realm:Aggra (Português)-eu

Post by Keltoroq » November 14th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Got my Zipao Tiger just now. Apparently i recruited a friend somewhere in time and got my reward just now.

It came Uncommon with 1600 Hit points and 240 Attack 240 Speed. Pretty lackluster fight wise but a Purple Jade cat is awesome to look at.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » November 14th, 2013, 3:45 pm

I hate the fact that not only are they now saying the a pet is the same value as a mount but they can't even give us the overpriced pet as a rare, it has to be uncommon. I mean comon Blizz throw us a bone will ya.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Annys
Top Rater

Post by Annys » November 14th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Dragonwizard wrote:I hate the fact that not only are they now saying the a pet is the same value as a mount but they can't even give us the overpriced pet as a rare, it has to be uncommon. I mean comon Blizz throw us a bone will ya.
LOL..ikr!!

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 14th, 2013, 4:09 pm

So the total price was 50$ per pet (with 15$ reimbursed in the form of a month of gametime)? So essentialy 35$ per pet/mount?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 14th, 2013, 4:40 pm

Gwenolyn wrote:So the total price was 50$ per pet (with 15$ reimbursed in the form of a month of gametime)? So essentialy 35$ per pet/mount?
Correct. $50 per pet (minus $15 for each since you get one month free of gametime). It's cheaper if you purchase the game when it goes on sale, though. Many stores (including Blizzard) will have the battlechest on sale for $5 for the holidays.
  • Normal: $50 per pet ($35 after reimbursement in the form of gametime)
    Sale: $35 per pet ($20 after reimbursement in the form of gametime)
I'm definitely going to be stocking up on battlechests when they go on sale. Never know when Blizzard might add more RAF pets. >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com