Pet Collecting Addons?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quarters
Top Rater
Pet Collecting Addons?

Post by Quarters » November 3rd, 2013, 5:56 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering what addons you would recommend for people into pet collecting? I've currently got CollectMe (although I use that more for looking at mount models) and PetJournal Enhanced (which is great, but I wish I could view a pet's breed without having to load it into a battle pet slot). Any other essential/good addons that you guys can recommend?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Pet Collecting Addons?

Post by Peanutty » November 3rd, 2013, 6:22 pm

My addons for pet collecting are:
- Battle Pet BreedID (to see the current breed I have and all the possible breeds for a pet, does not require a pet to be in a battle slot to view)
- GupPet (auto summons a random pet off a specified list, based on preference weight, and also does the same with mounts)

My addons for pet combat are:
- Pet Battle Teams (to save my 21 most used teams for easy dailies, Celestial Tournament, and such)
- Auto Safari Hat (or else I can't remember to put on my hat before engaging in battle!)

Amargodreams
Top Rater
Pet Score:3933
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Amargodreams » November 3rd, 2013, 6:32 pm

I like Pet Tracker for collecting. Show you which pets your are missing per zone, can filter it to be just certain types/not maximized rarity. Displays if a "upgrade" appears when you engage in battle. Has a couple downfalls. Like it thinks I need to tame the tamers pets, and will display a pet as a upgrade because of level difference without taking into consideration the pet might lose levels in capture process.

I also use Battle Pet Breed ID for the breed display.

Quarters
Top Rater

Post by Quarters » November 3rd, 2013, 6:52 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys, Battle Pet BreedID sounds like exactly what I was looking for! The Pet Battle Teams addon sounds handy, too.

Post by Guest » November 4th, 2013, 5:16 am

Amargodreams wrote:I like Pet Tracker for collecting. Show you which pets your are missing per zone, can filter it to be just certain types/not maximized rarity. Displays if a "upgrade" appears when you engage in battle. Has a couple downfalls. Like it thinks I need to tame the tamers pets, and will display a pet as a upgrade because of level difference without taking into consideration the pet might lose levels in capture process.

I also use Battle Pet Breed ID for the breed display.
Not sure what Pet Tracker version you're using Amar, but mine takes into account Tamers and level difference loss > 15.

It also displays what abilities the enemy pet has in combat and what the cooldowns are if any on the enemy spells. Very handy for celestial tournament/dailies for timing dodge/heal abilities

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » November 4th, 2013, 11:07 am

Peanutty wrote:My addons for pet collecting are:
- Battle Pet BreedID (to see the current breed I have and all the possible breeds for a pet, does not require a pet to be in a battle slot to view)
- GupPet (auto summons a random pet off a specified list, based on preference weight, and also does the same with mounts)

- Pet Battle Teams (to save my 21 most used teams for easy dailies, Celestial Tournament, and such)
- Auto Safari Hat (or else I can't remember to put on my hat before engaging in battle!)
I actually have more problems forgetting to switch back AFTER I'm done pet battles. Went through a whole raidfinder with the safari hat on before I realized I had left it on. My guildee, when we team up, is always reminding me to switch hats when we start a dungeon or something. lol

Gwen
MVP
Pet Score:8349
BattleTag®:Gwenniekins#2985
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Gwen » November 4th, 2013, 11:19 am

I use PetCaught which states not only if a pet is caught or not (duh), but also in what rarity on hover, Pokemon Trainer (really useful addon. It shows what skills the oppoment has and what CDs etc. etc. Doesn't work in PvP pet battles though), Pet Battle Teams (goes without saying) and to always have a pet out, PetLeash.
Because soulshards are pink.

Amargodreams
Top Rater
Pet Score:3933
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Amargodreams » November 4th, 2013, 11:20 am

Haevlyn wrote: Not sure what Pet Tracker version you're using Amar, but mine takes into account Tamers and level difference loss > 15.

It also displays what abilities the enemy pet has in combat and what the cooldowns are if any on the enemy spells. Very handy for celestial tournament/dailies for timing dodge/heal abilities
It's Verison 5.4.1, It didn't always do this just started a month ago or so. and where it shows in my objectives for zones it shows for jade forest 30/35. On map for missing, it's the 2 fable and 3 from the tamer.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 4th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Worgenbait wrote:
Peanutty wrote:My addons for pet collecting are:

I actually have more problems forgetting to switch back AFTER I'm done pet battles. Went through a whole raidfinder with the safari hat on before I realized I had left it on. My guildee, when we team up, is always reminding me to switch hats when we start a dungeon or something. lol
Haha I've had that problem only a few times (and usually someone will whisper me at the start of a raid to ask if my gear is all in place) but to avoid this completely I've starting doing pet battles on profession alts instead, so it doesn't matter what hat they're wearing.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 4th, 2013, 5:06 pm

Quarters wrote:Just wondering what addons you would recommend for people into pet collecting?
- Battle Pet BreedID. I'm not strictly anal about the breeds. Usually I don't care but for some of them (like flyers, etc.) that I want for a specific purpose, this makes it nice. No set up, very easy to see, and it works in the AH too.

- Pet Battle Teams. Essential to me. It saves your teams in both a locking mode and an unlocked mode. It lets you name them if they're for a specific team. I have teams for all the tourney guys locked with the attacks I want in locked and named teams. Then I have my boosting/daily team that's changeable, a locked no-no team, earth and lil' oon, etc.

- Pet Journal Enhanced.

Droodics
Top Rater
Pet Score:3692
BattleTag®:Frozenlore#2917
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Droodics » November 5th, 2013, 6:45 am

Kendrah wrote:
Quarters wrote:Just wondering what addons you would recommend for people into pet collecting?
- Battle Pet BreedID. I'm not strictly anal about the breeds. Usually I don't care but for some of them (like flyers, etc.) that I want for a specific purpose, this makes it nice. No set up, very easy to see, and it works in the AH too.

- Pet Battle Teams. Essential to me. It saves your teams in both a locking mode and an unlocked mode. It lets you name them if they're for a specific team. I have teams for all the tourney guys locked with the attacks I want in locked and named teams. Then I have my boosting/daily team that's changeable, a locked no-no team, earth and lil' oon, etc.

- Pet Journal Enhanced.
These ^ are the best, and all you need for pet battles.
I didn't know you can lock teams with Pet Battle Teams. I'll try tonight.

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » November 5th, 2013, 10:09 am

Peanutty wrote: to avoid this completely I've starting doing pet battles on profession alts instead, so it doesn't matter what hat they're wearing.
I was doing this too, and then a guildie who was leveling a new character asked if I had a character her level to run a dungeon.... Two dungeons later, noticed I was still wearing the hat.

Recently got Auto Safari Hat, and it seems to work for both equipping the hat and re-equipping your real helm after.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » November 5th, 2013, 12:51 pm

Yalina wrote:
Peanutty wrote: to avoid this completely I've starting doing pet battles on profession alts instead, so it doesn't matter what hat they're wearing.
I was doing this too, and then a guildie who was leveling a new character asked if I had a character her level to run a dungeon.... Two dungeons later, noticed I was still wearing the hat.

Recently got Auto Safari Hat, and it seems to work for both equipping the hat and re-equipping your real helm after.
If it re-equips your normal helm after, I'm downloading that add-on right now. That way, my guildee can stop yapping at me. lol

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 5th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Worgenbait wrote:
Yalina wrote:

If it re-equips your normal helm after, I'm downloading that add-on right now. That way, my guildee can stop yapping at me. lol
It is supposed to re-equip your normal helm. It doesn't always do so. I have about a 50% success rate with it, which I guess is better than 0 (hence using alts to do my pet battling).

It also will one-click accept tamer quests for you while putting the hat on your head. It's a minor thing but I appreciate anything that makes it go a little faster.

Bauk
Pet Score:4448
Realm:Stormreaver-eu

Post by Bauk » November 6th, 2013, 6:09 am

Peanutty wrote: It is supposed to re-equip your normal helm. It doesn't always do so. I have about a 50% success rate with it, which I guess is better than 0 (hence using alts to do my pet battling).

It also will one-click accept tamer quests for you while putting the hat on your head. It's a minor thing but I appreciate anything that makes it go a little faster.
That is kinda weird, mine experience with this addon says that only ONE time it didn't re-equipped normal helm back. And it was when I lost power at mine home during battle. Also every time it did equipped Safari Hat when starting pet battle. One of most precious simple addons I use.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 6th, 2013, 10:26 am

Droodics wrote:I didn't know you can lock teams with Pet Battle Teams. I'll try tonight.
Yup yup! Right click on the team. It makes the name of the team name yellow, I think. You can still change up the team (such like you want to use Locked Team A but want to switch out another pet to try something else); it just won't effect Locked Team A in team tabs.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » November 6th, 2013, 11:58 am

You're all awesome, thanks for the tips. I know a few addons that're sooooooo gonna be downloaded tonight ;)

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 6th, 2013, 1:00 pm

Bauk wrote:
Peanutty wrote: It is supposed to re-equip your normal helm. It doesn't always do so. I have about a 50% success rate with it, which I guess is better than 0 (hence using alts to do my pet battling).

That is kinda weird, mine experience with this addon says that only ONE time it didn't re-equipped normal helm back. And it was when I lost power at mine home during battle. Also every time it did equipped Safari Hat when starting pet battle. One of most precious simple addons I use.
It has 100% equipped the Safari Hat for me, it's coded to not let you start battle without it. But on both my main and alts, it has not always re-equipped my regular helm. That said, I DO have an older version (1.1) so it might've been fixed in more recent versions? My older version works otherwise so I haven't updated it. Still a useful addon!

Turborokky
Top Rater
Pet Score:3707
Realm:Vek'nilash-eu

Post by Turborokky » November 14th, 2013, 6:47 am

Does any1 know if there is any sort of name generator around for pets?been googling around a bit,and the only thing i find is for hunter-pets