Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us
Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Post by Tiggindy » November 5th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Crzyshotz wrote:@tiggindy That zone is cross zone, due to hardly anyone using it to lvl, regardless of mergers there will be other people there.
I know it's CRZ. But even with CRZ there was still the potential that the realms you crossed with were also low pop and the place was empty. That's why you could realm hop and get different zones even with the CRZ areas. my understanding of CRZ's is that they were slightly random as to which realms you were crossed to/with, which was why peeps felt even more free to be jerks (worse than LFG) was the chances you'd ever encounter that other person again approached zero.

Unless the server merging works far differently than I expect (and it very well may), I expect that the merged servers are still part of the CRZ pool for low pop zones. the combination of mergers (several servers essentially coalesced into one) and CRZ means that there's effectively even fewer realms to CRZ with, which will result in more people in the area and fewer options for server hopping in hopes of finding one.

Walfi
Pet Score:2142
Realm:Alleria-eu

Post by Walfi » November 6th, 2013, 8:01 am

Poxx wrote:So I made a DK on a Spanish RP PVP server after advice form a guildie. Those servers don't have CRZ enabled and this particular one is all but deserted. Still took me a little while to get one but managed it in the end.
I also followed this advice and got the Minferal in no time (and 3 more for guildies), but the spanish RP-PVP server Shen'dralar will be connected to a normal PVP server (Zul'jin) soon and the no-CRZbonus will probably be gone :( .

Droodics
Top Rater
Pet Score:3692
BattleTag®:Frozenlore#2917
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Droodics » November 6th, 2013, 8:15 am

I too want this pet. I made a DK on Venture CO EU and I'm camping the zone for 3 days now, no luck yet. It is really worth to fight/kill all critters in that zone?

Ezereal
Pet Score:1386
BattleTag®:MrE#1750
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Ezereal » November 6th, 2013, 8:55 am

Droodics wrote: It is really worth to fight/kill all critters in that zone?
There is no sure fire way to prove that this technique works. However, the way I got my minfernal was running around and killing the rats surrounding the area. I'm pretty sure these rats take up the same spots that the minfernals spawn at, so obviously removing these rats from these spots may eventually result in one spawning.

After killing the rats I got bored and queued for a scenerio. 10 minutes later I teleport back to my camp spot and believe it or not there was a Minfernal that had just spawned.

Best of luck to those who are camping!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 6th, 2013, 12:50 pm

Ezekington wrote:
Droodics wrote: It is really worth to fight/kill all critters in that zone?
There is no sure fire way to prove that this technique works. However, the way I got my minfernal was running around and killing the rats surrounding the area. I'm pretty sure these rats take up the same spots that the minfernals spawn at, so obviously removing these rats from these spots may eventually result in one spawning.

After killing the rats I got bored and queued for a scenerio. 10 minutes later I teleport back to my camp spot and believe it or not there was a Minfernal that had just spawned.
I pretty much did the same. I didn't see any harm in wiping out critters so I flew along the road from north to south Felwood and killed any critters I saw. Did that for 20-30 minutes, then returned to the spawn area. A single Minfernal spawned about 5 minutes later. Can't guarantee it'll work but it's at least more interactive than just sitting there.

Elende
MVP
Pet Score:2627
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Elende » November 6th, 2013, 4:31 pm

Good luck to the hunters! Camping a toon is what finally worked for me. : > I have a question-- how do you find out which realms are CRZ or not?

Droodics
Top Rater

Post by Droodics » November 7th, 2013, 8:24 am

You can google it, you'll find on wowhead forums some answers.
I found that on EU the only two crz-free realms are Venture CO (I got 2 pets that i've never seen on my server), and Ravenholdt.
These are crz-free for one and only reason: they are RP-PVP and no other realm matches their time zone, language.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » November 8th, 2013, 8:38 am

I have decided its going to take an act of God to get this pet :evil: At least on Bonechewer will probably have to switch around on another realm.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 8th, 2013, 10:26 am

Shikon01 wrote:I have decided its going to take an act of God to get this pet :evil: At least on Bonechewer will probably have to switch around on another realm.
Aw! Don't give up. It just takes time. It took time for all of us to get that bugger. Seemed like forever when I was hunting it and I killed my first one. :cry: I think I could've cried after all the time I spent trying to find it.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » November 9th, 2013, 9:16 am

Kendrah wrote:
Shikon01 wrote:I have decided its going to take an act of God to get this pet :evil: At least on Bonechewer will probably have to switch around on another realm.
Aw! Don't give up. It just takes time. It took time for all of us to get that bugger. Seemed like forever when I was hunting it and I killed my first one. :cry: I think I could've cried after all the time I spent trying to find it.

I came across 3 several different times as well as several months ago and got gang raped by a group of allies...like a pack of rabid dogs. One on one bring it on, but I will not give up and will kill every ally I see in the area. I was always the nice one. If I saw someone trying to get a pet I didn't mess w/ them ally or horde because I know how I feel about my pet thing, but I can play dirty and pvp like anyone else :lol:

Ishotah
Pet Score:1956
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Ishotah » November 10th, 2013, 5:36 pm

I actually had really good luck acquiring a Minfernal on Steamwheedle Cartel RP server in the last two days. I flew an alt out there and parked her, logged in a bit later to a common. Checked back again later and two or three were up, and I got a uncommon out of those. A couple hours later I got my rare. It seems there is at least one up every time I have checked there. Good luck!

Lomotil
Top Rater
Pet Score:3185
BattleTag®:Cumin#1881
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Lomotil » November 10th, 2013, 6:57 pm

You can get minfernal or almost any battle pet to spawn by killing other battle pets in the area. If other people are camping the area it might be wise to make a macro that you can spam that will target and start the battle with minfernal.

Droodics
Top Rater

Post by Droodics » November 11th, 2013, 7:33 am

I had more luck in finding rare pets that spwn hard by battling rather than just killing them.
Idk how it works, but if I want a pet to spawn I battle all others and wait for it to spawn.

Amargodreams
Top Rater
Pet Score:3933
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Amargodreams » November 11th, 2013, 8:22 am

Dolz wrote:After reading posts about getting one and many, many frustrating hours of trying to get one I finally made it. Here's how;

1) went on my server at 5:00 AM local time on a weekday.

2) killed and kept killing all the none Minfernal pets both battle and bystanders, not just in the Shatter Scar Vale, but also the surrounding area

3) killed Infernals

After about 20 minutes I saw a Minfernal spawn only to be grabbed by someone else. So I continued and after about another 20 minutes saw a second spawn and almost fainted when I engaged it battle. It was common, but I didn't care since I had been saving a Flawless Magic stone for months. Then I renamed him "I am real".

Two final notes, first in the 70 plus hours I spent camping I only saw two spawn. Second whatever you do have a Terrible Turnip in your group to capture it, because I don't want to hear your screams of pain if you accidentally kill it :D

A suggestion would be to have a friend run around and kill all the battle pets/critters they see so you can hover the spawns. I got lucky with mine I logged in to check my random toons parked there and he was right under me but it tooks months of checking. I found that whenever i sat there and killed other critter/battlepets someone was always waiting to grab the spawn before I made it back.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » November 11th, 2013, 7:38 pm

I'm gonna try some of your suggestions...actually a couple I haven't tried :))

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » November 11th, 2013, 8:55 pm

Amargodreams wrote:
Dolz wrote:After reading posts about getting one and many, many frustrating hours of trying to get one I finally made it. Here's how;

1) went on my server at 5:00 AM local time on a weekday.

2) killed and kept killing all the none Minfernal pets both battle and bystanders, not just in the Shatter Scar Vale, but also the surrounding area

3) killed Infernals

After about 20 minutes I saw a Minfernal spawn only to be grabbed by someone else. So I continued and after about another 20 minutes saw a second spawn and almost fainted when I engaged it battle. It was common, but I didn't care since I had been saving a Flawless Magic stone for months. Then I renamed him "I am real".

Two final notes, first in the 70 plus hours I spent camping I only saw two spawn. Second whatever you do have a Terrible Turnip in your group to capture it, because I don't want to hear your screams of pain if you accidentally kill it :D

A suggestion would be to have a friend run around and kill all the battle pets/critters they see so you can hover the spawns. I got lucky with mine I logged in to check my random toons parked there and he was right under me but it tooks months of checking. I found that whenever i sat there and killed other critter/battlepets someone was always waiting to grab the spawn before I made it back.
I was soloing which is why I did it at 5:00 AM on a weekday. I was the only one there most of the time. However; if you can get a hunting team together that's the way to go.

Aeonesti
MVP
Pet Score:5120
BattleTag®:Ducky#1198
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Aeonesti » November 12th, 2013, 10:17 am

I got mine by realm hopping. I leveled a DK on The Venture Co (a non CRZed RVPVP realm just in case) to 60, got old world flying, had my husband log on our normal realm (which is Med pop) and invite my DK. She was ported to my main realm (I could tell she moved realms cause the pvp flag timer started) and there was a Minfernal waiting for me :)
~Aeonesti - Goblin Priest - Peons No More - Icecrown/Malygos~

Seqenenre
Pet Score:2682
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by Seqenenre » November 17th, 2013, 12:18 pm

I just got mine last night using the 'park a spare alt in the area and check in occasionally' method. I finally found one after a week or so of trying at two o'clock this morning. It was poor quality, but H/H breed so I was pretty happy. I already had a stone saved for him.

Tharloch
Pet Score:3883
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Tharloch » November 17th, 2013, 12:40 pm

I tried the parking of an alt and periodically checking over a few months. Not hard core mind you, but definitely a lot of relogs for it. Then I started making DK's on other servers but hadn't really caught on to the concept of which were crz or not. Made a DK with a friend on Ravenholdt RP PVP. We found 1 the first 15 minutes out there. The next morning, I logged in before going to work and found another immediately. Checked back that after noon after work and 4 more. I definitely recommend low pop single zone now. Even for a pvp server, we didn't see a single soul in Felwood when we were looking.

Good Luck to those who've yet to find this elusive guy. I was starting to doubt it myself, but he really does exist!!!

Eekmeister
Pet Score:2873
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Eekmeister » November 18th, 2013, 1:18 am

[url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7185&p=55746#p55746[/url]

That there thread has some info on catching one of these poopies puppies. Additionally, not too long after I posted in that other thread, I was leveling my mage (on Dath'Remar) in Felwood and Lo and Behold! A minfernal. I engaged only to find it was the H/H breed, so I caught it. And then the next day there was a peck of minfernals, so I caught a P/S since some stupid worgen was battling them to death. Idiot. Anyways, don't camp. Park and check to avoid giving yourself a headache.