My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

How does one get a minfernal?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ylzmir
 
Posts: 4
Joined: October 31st, 2013
Pet Score: 3460
Realm: Malygos-US

How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Ylzmir » November 1st, 2013, 1:59 pm

I am looking for advice from anyone who can help me in finding a minfernal. I have camped Felwood for up to 6 hours and have had characters logged out in at their supposed spawning points for about two dozen server restarts, but I have yet to even see a minfernal. On at least two of the server restarts, I know for a fact that I was the first person on, but there was no minfernal. I have every other wild pet in the game. Does anyone have any real knowledge about how to catch one of these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User avatar
Luciandk
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: February 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 3576
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Luciandk » November 1st, 2013, 2:04 pm

It requires patience, patience, patience and patience. Its a highly sought trophy pet on a lenghty respawn timer. And missed by many people wanting to complete zookeeper.

Best bet is to make a dk on a low pop server and hit up felwood.

User avatar
Brencis
 
Posts: 2
Joined: September 3rd, 2013
Pet Score: 2076
Realm: Sen'jin-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Brencis » November 1st, 2013, 2:07 pm

Minfernals do not exist and people who claim to have caught them are lying. Seriously, the strats I have seen people post the most are to make a death knight on a Brazilian low pop server (no CRZ) and to head on up. I am simply too lazy to do this as I know I will make one and then there won't be any because Minfernals do not exist.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4328
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Hootstwo » November 1st, 2013, 5:26 pm

I think my minfernal ate all the giraffe calfs! I found a minfernal in little time at all (honestly, 15 minutes invested total at most). My giraffe calf probably took... 15 hours total (minimum) of dedicated time. Was infuriating! Good luck on our minfernal, maybe have your giraffe calf out at the same time to use as bait?

User avatar
Simmias
 
Posts: 288
Joined: October 15th, 2012
Pet Score: 3396
Realm: Frostmourne-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Simmias » November 1st, 2013, 5:45 pm

Brencis wrote: I am simply too lazy to do this as I know I will make one and then there won't be any because Minfernals do not exist.


too lazy? you don't deserve the pet.

User avatar
Quarters
Top Rater
 
Posts: 116
Joined: October 10th, 2013
Pet Score: 3633
BattleTag®: tactic#6349
Realm: Moon Guard-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Quarters » November 1st, 2013, 6:45 pm

Or, just leave a toon on your normal realm logged out where the Minfernals spawn, and log over every now and then to see if one is up. That's what I did and it only took me around three days of checking.

User avatar
Poxx
 
Posts: 72
Joined: February 5th, 2013
Pet Score: 4969
Realm: Azjol-Nerub-EU

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Poxx » November 1st, 2013, 8:33 pm

Was impossible for me to get one on my own home realm. So I made a DK on a Spanish RP PVP server after advice form a guildie. Those servers don't have CRZ enabled and this particular one is all but deserted. Still took me a little while to get one but managed it in the end.

That's about the best advice I can give you, find out which server you have access too is all but deserted and make a DK there.

User avatar
Gwenolyn
MVP
 
Posts: 413
Joined: June 27th, 2009
Pet Score: 5117
BattleTag®: Gwenolyn#1245
Realm: Aerie Peak-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Gwenolyn » November 1st, 2013, 9:51 pm

Your Brazilian DK will come in handy for other pets too. I used mine when Qiraji first spawned.

User avatar
Quarters
Top Rater
 
Posts: 116
Joined: October 10th, 2013
Pet Score: 3633
BattleTag®: tactic#6349
Realm: Moon Guard-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Quarters » November 1st, 2013, 10:10 pm

Poxx wrote:Was impossible for me to get one on my own home realm. So I made a DK on a Spanish RP PVP server after advice form a guildie. Those servers don't have CRZ enabled and this particular one is all but deserted. Still took me a little while to get one but managed it in the end.

That's about the best advice I can give you, find out which server you have access too is all but deserted and make a DK there.


There's no such thing as impossible. It just takes patience and dedication.

User avatar
Kendrah
MVP
 
Posts: 376
Joined: June 26th, 2013
Pet Score: 4778
Realm: Thrall-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Kendrah » November 2nd, 2013, 10:21 am

Ylzmir wrote:I am looking for advice from anyone who can help me in finding a minfernal. I have camped Felwood for up to 6 hours and have had characters logged out in at their supposed spawning points for about two dozen server restarts, but I have yet to even see a minfernal. On at least two of the server restarts, I know for a fact that I was the first person on, but there was no minfernal. I have every other wild pet in the game. Does anyone have any real knowledge about how to catch one of these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.


If you're the first server up on a cross realm, you won't see the pets. It's kind of crappy so I wouldn't really go by the restarts, tbh. I did the camping thing too with no luck. And the killing all the mobs/non battle pet critters. That didn't work for me.

What worked for me (I found two this way -- first one I accidentally killed) was to have a character that I didn't mind not moving for a while and just checking a couple times a day (and doing a quick sweep) to see if there is one up. I think it took maybe a week of just logging on and off that character before I got mine.

User avatar
Breehit
 
Posts: 180
Joined: October 13th, 2011
Pet Score: 2996
Realm: Galakrond-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Breehit » November 2nd, 2013, 12:25 pm

Try Ravenholdt (US), a PVP/RP server without CRZ. This realm was my source for rare spawn pets.

User avatar
Killerkarl
 
Posts: 72
Joined: October 6th, 2008
Pet Score: 5179
Realm: Sen'jin-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Killerkarl » November 2nd, 2013, 1:25 pm

I was too lazy to do the opening quests for the death knight so I just transferred one of my characters to a low-pop no- crz realm and they were spawned when I arrived, didn't even have to wait around.

Ylzmir
 
Posts: 4
Joined: October 31st, 2013
Pet Score: 3460
Realm: Malygos-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Ylzmir » November 4th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Well, I certainly appreciate the input. I have already tried logging out one of my characters in Felwood and checking periodically and have never had any luck. I think the problem is that since I work during the day that there is no way for me to check then and that is most likely the time for a respawn. Also, EVERY time I have logged in there is ALWAYS someone there camping for them. I am on Malygos which is a heavy population CRZ server.

The idea to make a DK on a low population PVP/role-playing server is a good idea. I already have a horde DK who is level 57, but I can delete him and start a new one. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks so much for the advice!

User avatar
Kendrah
MVP
 
Posts: 376
Joined: June 26th, 2013
Pet Score: 4778
Realm: Thrall-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Kendrah » November 4th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Ylzmir wrote:The idea to make a DK on a low population PVP/role-playing server is a good idea. I already have a horde DK who is level 57, but I can delete him and start a new one. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks so much for the advice!


Why delete him? You're allow more than one DK. It's just that you only get one DK per server.

User avatar
Lith
 
Posts: 88
Joined: October 5th, 2013
Pet Score: 871
BattleTag®: Lith#1334
Realm: Thrall-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Lith » November 4th, 2013, 7:26 pm

Yea I got mine after a week of logging on a diff toon constantly. But I have to wait almost a year to get the chieve anyway for the summer pet.
Lith#1334 Please state the trade in the info!

User avatar
Tiggindy
MVP
 
Posts: 251
Joined: December 19th, 2007
Pet Score: 4863
BattleTag®: Mersenne#1798
Realm: Lothar-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Tiggindy » November 4th, 2013, 9:14 pm

One doesn't just "get a minfernal". :roll:

Server start doesn't work, and hasn't worked for quite some time AFAIK since they specifically addressed that in a patch a long time ago.

I guess the best thing is to check the spawn area at random times on random servers, low pop servers if you can, though with the server merging stuff happening that may not be a possibility.

User avatar
Lith
 
Posts: 88
Joined: October 5th, 2013
Pet Score: 871
BattleTag®: Lith#1334
Realm: Thrall-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Lith » November 5th, 2013, 12:34 am

@tiggindy That zone is cross zone, due to hardly anyone using it to lvl, regardless of mergers there will be other people there.
Lith#1334 Please state the trade in the info!

User avatar
Dolz
 
Posts: 94
Joined: July 23rd, 2013
Pet Score: 5119
Realm: Trollbane-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Dolz » November 5th, 2013, 1:31 pm

After reading posts about getting one and many, many frustrating hours of trying to get one I finally made it. Here's how;

1) went on my server at 5:00 AM local time on a weekday.

2) killed and kept killing all the none Minfernal pets both battle and bystanders, not just in the Shatter Scar Vale, but also the surrounding area

3) killed Infernals

After about 20 minutes I saw a Minfernal spawn only to be grabbed by someone else. So I continued and after about another 20 minutes saw a second spawn and almost fainted when I engaged it battle. It was common, but I didn't care since I had been saving a Flawless Magic stone for months. Then I renamed him "I am real".

Two final notes, first in the 70 plus hours I spent camping I only saw two spawn. Second whatever you do have a Terrible Turnip in your group to capture it, because I don't want to hear your screams of pain if you accidentally kill it :D
Last edited by Dolz on November 5th, 2013, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dolz
 
Posts: 94
Joined: July 23rd, 2013
Pet Score: 5119
Realm: Trollbane-US

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby Dolz » November 5th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Hootstwo wrote:I think my minfernal ate all the giraffe calfs! I found a minfernal in little time at all (honestly, 15 minutes invested total at most). My giraffe calf probably took... 15 hours total (minimum) of dedicated time. Was infuriating! Good luck on our minfernal, maybe have your giraffe calf out at the same time to use as bait?


I guess you either get a Minfernal or Giraffe Calf easy, but not both. I just stumbled on my Giraffe Calf shortly after I started Battle Pets and it was rare. I had NO idea how lucky I was at the time.

User avatar
FuxieDK
 
Posts: 528
Joined: July 27th, 2009
Pet Score: 5002
BattleTag®: FuxieDK#2678
Realm: Draenor-EU

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Postby FuxieDK » November 5th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Kendrah wrote:
Ylzmir wrote:The idea to make a DK on a low population PVP/role-playing server is a good idea. I already have a horde DK who is level 57, but I can delete him and start a new one. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks so much for the advice!


Why delete him? You're allow more than one DK. It's just that you only get one DK per server.
Not anymore..
The "one DK per realm" limit is gone, since IIRC v5.3....

Next

Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests