Snowy Owl

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Elleria
Pet Score:13628
Realm:Suramar-us
Snowy Owl

Post by Elleria » November 1st, 2013, 7:57 am

Has there been any sightings of the Snowy Owl, or information about when it's likely to begin spawning?

Khazure
Pet Score:4249
BattleTag®:Tharandiul#1417
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Snowy Owl

Post by Khazure » November 1st, 2013, 8:06 am

December 21st is what im hearing

Elleria

Post by Elleria » November 1st, 2013, 8:07 am

Awww, that's crap! I really hope we don't have to wait that long.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » November 1st, 2013, 8:10 am

Sadly, we do. :(

Tracktastic
Pet Score:2610
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Tracktastic » November 1st, 2013, 8:11 am

I believe it starts spawning between 0300-0900 EST today.

Today's a big pet day, skeleton pet + zookeeper title for those of us who missed last winter ( I didn't start battle pet collecting until April).

I haven't logged in yet this morning but I've seen numerous posts stating that Nov 1 is the start of "Winter" in the wowiverse.

Elleria

Post by Elleria » November 1st, 2013, 8:12 am

I'm parked out on the frozen lake, no sign of it yet.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » November 1st, 2013, 8:52 am

The Snowy Owl will start spawning once the Northern Hemisphere Winter Solstice starts (December 21). We'll have to wait a little longer before seeing these in Winterspring.

When MoP first came out, the owl originally spawned early, but has since been fixed to follow the "real world" seasons.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Elleria

Post by Elleria » November 1st, 2013, 9:10 am

Well, poo! :(

Tracktastic
Pet Score:2610

Post by Tracktastic » November 1st, 2013, 7:39 pm

Quintessence wrote:The Snowy Owl will start spawning once the Northern Hemisphere Winter Solstice starts (December 21). We'll have to wait a little longer before seeing these in Winterspring.

When MoP first came out, the owl originally spawned early, but has since been fixed to follow the "real world" seasons.
GAH!!

Why must my Zookeeper Title be a Christmas present?!

BOO!!

On the upside, I managed to get about 14 Macabre Marionettes today so hopefully I can make some good trades for people who aren't able to do the event this weekend :)

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 2nd, 2013, 7:32 am

Quintessence wrote:The Snowy Owl will start spawning once the Northern Hemisphere Winter Solstice starts (December 21). We'll have to wait a little longer before seeing these in Winterspring.

....except 21/12 is not when "real world" says winter starts..

Real World calenders say that winter start 1/12... Solstice is still close to that date, but only by 10 days..
However,it was the same issue with the Quraji Guardling.. It also spawned 21 days after summer started..

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » November 2nd, 2013, 7:40 am

FuxieDK wrote: Real World calenders say that winter start 1/12... Solstice is still close to that date, but only by 10 days..
However,it was the same issue with the Quraji Guardling.. It also spawned 21 days after summer started..

I have to ask what real world calender says that? Every calender I have ever seen says winter solostice is 12/21 and summer solistce is 6/21.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 2nd, 2013, 7:51 am

Dragonwizard wrote:
FuxieDK wrote: Real World calenders say that winter start 1/12... Solstice is still close to that date, but only by 10 days..

I have to ask what real world calender says that? Every calender I have ever seen says winter solostice is 12/21 and summer solistce is 6/21.
You're talking about summer/winter solstice, I'm talking about when summer/winter starts.. Not the same thing...
That's why I say that solstice is only 10 days closer to winter star than 1/11 is... 1/11 to 1/12 = 30 days. 1/12 to 21/12 = 20 days.. 30-20=10 days difference..

Spring: March, April, May
Summer: June, July, August
Autumn: September, October, November
Winter: December, January, February

Every child knows this.. It's on every calender, and you are taught it in schools....... and then I don't care what people "down under" says.. ;)

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 2nd, 2013, 10:24 am

This is Blizz punishing me for not getting into pet battles sooner. D:

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 2nd, 2013, 10:26 am

Winter starts in the real world on the solstice, not December 1st. While you might try to simplify it that way in your head, winter is still about 3 weeks away on December 1st.

Rosalyne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5903
BattleTag®:Rosalyne#1595
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Rosalyne » November 2nd, 2013, 11:23 am

FuxieDK wrote:You're talking about summer/winter solstice, I'm talking about when summer/winter starts.. Not the same thing...
That's why I say that solstice is only 10 days closer to winter star than 1/11 is... 1/11 to 1/12 = 30 days. 1/12 to 21/12 = 20 days.. 30-20=10 days difference..

Every child knows this.. It's on every calender, and you are taught it in schools....... and then I don't care what people "down under" says.. ;)
No idea where you live, but I am not "down under" and my North American calendar, like any other I have ever seen, says that winter begins on December 21. The Farmer's Almanac also shows the same thing (again, for North America) http://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-seasons

Ladynewmoon
Top Rater
Pet Score:2670
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Ladynewmoon » November 2nd, 2013, 11:40 am

Kendrah wrote:
Exactly how I feel as well :cry:

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » November 2nd, 2013, 6:20 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Dragonwizard wrote:

You're talking about summer/winter solstice, I'm talking about when summer/winter starts.. Not the same thing...

Ahh I see you are from Denmark. Looking into it a bit more we are both right in respect to our countries. Most of the world reconizes the Winter Solstice (Dec. 21st) as the official first day of Winter but by Denmarks calender the offical first day of winter is Dec 1st. And with Blizzard being a US based company they go by North Americas offical first day of winter.

Learn something new every day :)
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Post by Guest » November 4th, 2013, 4:57 am

In case you didnt know, the [pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet] changes colours with the season and will go "white" when it is officially Winter in-game. It's a great way to follow seasonal pets ^^

Ladynewmoon
Top Rater
Pet Score:2670
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Ladynewmoon » November 5th, 2013, 6:56 am

Haevlyn wrote:In case you didnt know, the [pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet] changes colours with the season and will go "white" when it is officially Winter in-game. It's a great way to follow seasonal pets ^^
Excellent!!! Thank you for the tip :D

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » November 5th, 2013, 1:07 pm

Kendrah wrote:
I feel your pain. I started battling the week after it went into hibernation. On the plus side I finally got my Minfernal (renamed, "I am real") so at least the last pet to capture will be an easy one.