Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us
Re: possible RaF rewards will be unobtainable pets

Post by Tiggindy » October 25th, 2013, 6:15 am

Mizix wrote:Uhm, dumb question maybe, but: will these new RAF-pets be US only or EU too? Because I want them too, and I have been trying to hook a friend back in WOW for a few months now... May as well tell her to wait a little longer :D
And speaking of EU...
When are the peeps in the US going to get a shot at their bonus murlocs to make things truly equal?

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » October 25th, 2013, 11:54 am

Tiggindy wrote:And speaking of EU...
When are the peeps in the US going to get a shot at their bonus murlocs to make things truly equal?
That's what I'm wondering/waiting for. RAF to get some murlocs? Where do I sign up?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 25th, 2013, 1:37 pm

I'm fairly certain that murlocs will not be coming from RaF. I'd be surprised if there were any other pets than these four, actually.

They did want to find ways to bring the region-specific ones to more regions but probably not all from the same place, all at once.

Robotusch
Pet Score:10391
BattleTag®:Roboe#2913
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Robotusch » October 25th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Alas, still unobtainable on my end, as my country is not eligible for neither the RaF program or the Arena Realm :roll:

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13620
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » October 25th, 2013, 7:41 pm

I have so mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, I think it is great that they finally allow the "rest" of the world to be able to get those unobtainable pets.

On the other it leave me with this sad hollow feeling. Not because of the cost, I would gladly pay that. But because I live in Denmark, which is one of the many counties around the world where RAF is NOT allowed and blocked.

Because the govement dont allow pyramid games and have rules against it here, somehow because it involve a cost and a reward to the other part, it is banned here and RAF have never worked In denmark, plus many many other counties.

Sadly is seems the "unobtainable" pets might very well still be unobtainable for a lot of us. And not being able to get the pets bother me more then the mounts it seems, which was bad enought.

I hope and pay their "new system" will have a way around it, but I sadly doubt a loop hole would be possible. Cost for part 1 and reward for part 2 .. cant see know that can be changed or why or how it could be changed.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » October 25th, 2013, 10:45 pm

It's sad that they chose to introduce them on this way. It's basically a hidden pet sale at a way exaggerated price per pet.
I doubt that anyone will really find four people who will start to play WoW and buy two months of game time without using force. :P

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 26th, 2013, 1:38 am

Casca wrote:It's sad that they chose to introduce them on this way. It's basically a hidden pet sale at a way exaggerated price per pet.
Keep in mind that the cost listed in this thread are based on current RAF pricing/guidelines. Blizzard mentioned updating the RAF system, so they might tweak how much it costs too. (My hope is that eligibility requirements for the rewards will be tweaked/tuned to allow for more reasonable access to the many goodies.)

One thing Blizzard could add is the ability to gift the RAF rewards to one person. The items and pets would still be BoP and non-cageable, still making them 'rare' or exclusive or whatever Blizzard's end goal is. At least the option to give the pets away to someone that really wants it is there. Those that don't really collect would have a nice gift for their friend/family that they recruit, which might be a small incentive for their friends/family to play again.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Elleria
Pet Score:13628
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Elleria » November 1st, 2013, 8:17 am

My issue is there being more than one, we can't all afford a bunch of extra accounts. Temporary availability through the store would be a better idea.

Annys
Top Rater
Pet Score:4729
BattleTag®:Annys72#1333
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Post by Annys » November 1st, 2013, 8:46 am

Elleria wrote:My issue is there being more than one, we can't all afford a bunch of extra accounts. Temporary availability through the store would be a better idea.
Agree

Elleria
Pet Score:13628
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Elleria » November 1st, 2013, 9:11 am

If it's a temporary store pet, we can have time to buy them or have friends/family buy them as gifts and such.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 1st, 2013, 2:01 pm

Probably should reserve judgment till we get all the details of the new RaF. They obviously want to provide multiple options for people to choose for RaF, but I suspect it won't be as bad as some of the estimates I've seen so far.