100k Gold. What to buy first?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Siegurd333
Top Rater
Pet Score:4485
Realm:Korialstrasz-us
Re: 100k Gold. What to buy first?

Post by Siegurd333 » July 9th, 2014, 4:25 pm

I say go for the spectral cub. You can get both kites and the soul-trader from the black market AH in Pandaria. Depending on competition, you can get a really good deal on them.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » July 11th, 2014, 3:49 am

Siegurd333 wrote:I say go for the spectral cub. You can get both kites and the soul-trader from the black market AH in Pandaria. Depending on competition, you can get a really good deal on them.
Soul trader and Tuskarr are not on the [url=http://wowpedia.org/Black_Market_Auction_House]Black Market AH[/url].

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » July 11th, 2014, 8:55 am

Just curious how does one make that much gold? I've been playing since slightly before the Burning Crusade launched and I've never had more than 20k at any given time. Granted I tend to buy pets but only when I catch a really good deal like a Son of Animus for 600g. Any advice or tips?

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 12th, 2014, 6:35 pm

I tend to run Naxxramas, Karazhan, and Black Temple every week. That's a quick and easy way to make 5K in a couple hours for a level 90, more if a pet drops. Running the other raids where pets drop doesn't net nearly as much, but should make a sizable profit if a pet drops there as well. I usually make 10-20K a week doing this. Just vendor everything but the cloth and a few select items, and make sure to grab everything that drops. You'd be surprised how much you can make off the grey garbage during a run. Sell the cloth on the AH, as well as those special items, and you are usually off to a good start.

Some people play the auction house, buying low, selling high, or selling crafting profession items. Myself, that's way too boring for me to sit there for hours doing that. My main has mining and skinning, and that adds to profits for me, from the people doing the crafting, though I do have alts with the crafting professions in case I want something made.

Myself though, I focus on one main, and the alts are just support characters. The only one of my alts I've even played more than an hour this month is my Illidan one, because I'm tired of how slow pet sales build up the cash there and I'm leveling him to do the same on that character as I do on my main. Now that I have all the pets, it's mount collecting time. lol