Struggling to hit 350

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zenbuddhist
Pet Score:2092
Realm:Llane-us
Struggling to hit 350

Post by Zenbuddhist » October 22nd, 2012, 11:02 am

Sitting at 345 pets now, and getting down to the nitty and the gritty of targeting very specific pets that have odd spawn requirements. Then, it seems I'll have to go run some dailies in Icecrown to get the remainder up there (as I don't have the gold to buy them all). Which will take a bloody long time.

I can't even imagine the 470+ that some folks here have... don't know how you can achieve that without all the Blizzcon minipets. As it is, I have the CEs to help, as well as the D3 CE (only thing worthwhile from that was the WoW pet). But I'm nearly done all the safaris and still over 50 from 400.

Temperama
Pet Score:921
Realm:Icecrown-us

Re: Struggling to hit 350

Post by Temperama » October 22nd, 2012, 11:24 am

I have 80 pets, it boggles my mind how you could get over 400. I have a hard time imagining 200 right now.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » October 22nd, 2012, 12:33 pm

Hey Zen,

A neat feature of this website is...

Go into "My Pet Collection", once there, above "Collected, Wanted, Excluded" there are a bunch of option. On the far right there is an option called "Print Checklist". If you click "Toggle Collected" you should be able to get a checklist of every pet you don't currently have.

It's a great list to go by, you get the pet, and the source and all the zones they'll be found in, as well as any special circumstances required to get it (i.e. sandstorm, snot storm etc.)

Good Luck.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » October 23rd, 2012, 1:30 am

Zenbuddhist , I took a peek at your list and you're missing a lot of pets you'll get eventually, like the Crocs in the City cuties, the Darkmoon Faire pets, and holiday pets. And some others don't take long, like Mr Grubs only takes like an hour to get. I made an alt on your server named Zelliah, if you send me a few silver I can send you some other pets you don't have. I would have made it a surprise, but I didn't want to quest for the postage, lol. I don't have nearly as many total pets since I don't battle, but the ones I have extras of--I have plenty of extras! If you'd rather not, no biggie. :)

Temperama, I made an alt on your server named Mannasia. Same deal, if you'd like pets just send me some silver so I can mail them. :)
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Temperama

Post by Temperama » October 23rd, 2012, 7:50 am

Lysi, thanks! I would really appreciate it. I am perfectly willing to take the long route but darn does it look like it will take forever, so any help is welcome.

Zenbuddhist

Post by Zenbuddhist » October 23rd, 2012, 3:04 pm

Thanks for all the info and help folks.

I did print out a copy of the list. I've started working on the Champions Seals ones, but I HATE those dailies.

I will gladly take some of those from you, Lysi. I'll send Zelliah some cash for sure. Thank you so much.

Zenbuddhist

Post by Zenbuddhist » October 23rd, 2012, 3:08 pm

Lysi wrote:Zenbuddhist , I took a peek at your list and you're missing a lot of pets you'll get eventually, like the Crocs in the City cuties, the Darkmoon Faire pets, and holiday pets. And some others don't take long, like Mr Grubs only takes like an hour to get. I made an alt on your server named Zelliah, if you send me a few silver I can send you some other pets you don't have. I would have made it a surprise, but I didn't want to quest for the postage, lol. I don't have nearly as many total pets since I don't battle, but the ones I have extras of--I have plenty of extras! If you'd rather not, no biggie. :)

Temperama, I made an alt on your server named Mannasia. Same deal, if you'd like pets just send me some silver so I can mail them. :)
Sent ya a gold, just to make certain you had enough... and you can buy yourself a couple pints on me afterward and get plastered in Orgrimmar! ;)

Thanks again.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » October 23rd, 2012, 5:13 pm

Zen, mailed you a few new little friends! They should arrive in an hour. :)

Temperama, I got your message through the site. I sent a reply but I think I can send you a few more pets, need to go over your list again. But I think 10 silver will be more than enough (although math isn't my strong suit, lol).
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Temperama

Post by Temperama » October 24th, 2012, 8:05 am

Temperama, I got your message through the site. I sent a reply but I think I can send you a few more pets, need to go over your list again. But I think 10 silver will be more than enough (although math isn't my strong suit, lol).
Lysi,
Math isn't my strong suit either. But thank you again it was like Xmas came early. Still smiling today. Some of the the ones I got were pets I thought would take forever to get. Still riding a pet high! :)

PS: You extras put me right at 100 so i got Nuts as a extra bonus!