Serious randomisation issues

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu
Serious randomisation issues

Post by Arvelayne » October 20th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Hi all,

Working on my All Pets Allowed achi, and I've been in Karasang for the past hour or so.

Thing is that I've been trying to get a rare Jungle Grub, but in about 30 fights I've seen 20 or so with the same combo:

Uncommon Jungle Grub
Rare Sirfang Otter
Common Amethyst Spiderling

Oo

Madness I tell you.

Arve,
altaltalt alt.

Hydramith
Top Rater
Pet Score:3037
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Re: Serious randomisation issues

Post by Hydramith » October 20th, 2012, 3:11 pm

So far as I have heard so far, NOONE has found a rare Jungle Grub yet. So you might as well give that one up for now.

On the other issue, yes, I've noticed the same thing. A lot of the times there's a bunch of pets with the same stats and add pets with the same stats too. Most of the times their spawns are either bound or happened at the exact same time. Nonetheless it's weird.

Arvelayne

Post by Arvelayne » October 20th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Aye I've just been levelling the last pet, but I've also decided to despawn every Jungle Grub I can see, in the (probably vain) hope that one will spawn a rare for someone.

:)

Arve,
alty.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » October 20th, 2012, 4:29 pm

There's two things going on there.

First, Jungle Grub only exists in Uncommon rarity at the moment. Same goes for Clouded Hedgehog and Silent Hedgehog. You can verify this with [url=http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetBreeds]Warla's nifty list[/url].

The second thing is that pet spawns can be linked, in the sense that all of the Kuitan Mongooses within an area will be the same rarity and have the same additional pets come with them (also with the same rarities). This is especially noticeable in Pandaria zones.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12765
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » October 23rd, 2012, 10:14 am

I've also heard, and I can't remember where, that if you despawn a pet team by forfeiting the next spawn is the same thing you forfeited to.

The only way to spawn new rarities is to either kill or defeat pets in the wild.

I wish I could remember where I read that.

Arvelayne

Post by Arvelayne » October 23rd, 2012, 12:41 pm

Ah fair shout. I kind of gave up after about five anyway. :)

Arve,
relucalt.

Seeweda
Pet Score:3245
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Seeweda » October 24th, 2012, 9:09 am

This issue seems to be mostly limited to Panderia as well, I've noticed that all the pets in a certain area will spawn the same pet combination especially the little packs of battle pets. It's nice when a rare is in the group as you can get 3 rares of that pet rather quickly, if no rares it's a PITA. You basically have to clear out every pet in the area and wait for respawn and hope for the best, if not rinse and repeat.

I think the problem lies in those pet packs/families, I think Blizzard meant for the groupings to have the same spawn configuration but it appears to effect all the spawns in a given area. I don't notice the problem as much in areas like the Arboreteum where everything spawns individually.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » October 24th, 2012, 10:23 am

There are a handful of cases in other zones too, notably the time- or weather-dependent spawns. Baby Ape is the most noticeable for me: they seem to spawn in two tightly spaced waves, and each wave has the same rarity/breedID/additional pets. More will spawn as you kill them off, but not a lot more, and these will have different rarities. Restless Shadeling spawns in several small waves between 12:00 and ~12:03, and each wave shares properties. Festival Hatchling reportedly also has this behavior but I haven't encountered one yet to verify.