What Pandaren Spirit to get?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Flowne
Pet Score:1152
Realm:Draenor-eu
What Pandaren Spirit to get?

Post by Flowne » October 3rd, 2013, 4:05 pm

So I'm currently working on the quest and I noticed I can choose 1 out of the 4 Pandaren Spirits.

Pandaren Air, Earth, Fire or Water Spirit

I was wondering what the best option was. I hope one of you guys could help me out? :D

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: What Pandaren Spirit to get?

Post by Luciandk » October 3rd, 2013, 4:09 pm

Most chooses Earth as its the most annoying tamer to fight in general oppinion. But I should mention, if you do the dailies offered by each of the 4 spirits, youve a chance to get their respective pet in the bag.

Flowne
Pet Score:1152
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Flowne » October 3rd, 2013, 4:11 pm

Luciandk wrote:Most chooses Earth as its the most annoying tamer to fight in general oppinion. But I should mention, if you do the dailies offered by each of the 4 spirits, youve a chance to get their respective pet in the bag.
:O Cool didn't know that! Was already pretty sad about thinking I wouldn't be able to get all 4 of them. Thanks!

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » October 3rd, 2013, 6:53 pm

Flowne wrote:So I'm currently working on the quest and I noticed I can choose 1 out of the 4 Pandaren Spirits.

Pandaren Air, Earth, Fire or Water Spirit

I was wondering what the best option was. I hope one of you guys could help me out? :D
If you plan on doing a lot of pet battling you should go for the Pandaren Water Spirit as he is part of one of the most useful teams for dealing with the Beasts of Fable. The team is an Unborn Valkyr or Ghostly Skulll, Pandaren Water Spirit, and Chrominius and it can beat pretty much all of the beasts of fable, most of them in 1 try.

The other 3 spirits are all good to have, and you have a chance to get them as Luciandk mentioned, but they are not particularly powerful compared to other pets. The Pandaren Water Spirit is the only pet that can cast both Whirlpool and Geyser (critical to the "Burst" team above).

Itsmnevis
Top Rater
Pet Score:3308
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Itsmnevis » October 4th, 2013, 11:17 am

Echoing what Rendigar says above me, the Water Spirit is the only one I use with any regularity, and the one I'd recommend getting first (and leveling). It also has the most open-market value, since it has that 'endgame' use.

Earth isn't hard at all if you have a fast rabbit and a darkmoon zep, and because it's close by you'll skip its daily the least.

Air is the one I got first, the healing elemental gave me fits when I first did it, but an Emerald Proto-whelp can solo all 3 pets.

Fire is the one that gives me the most trouble now and I've probably done the least. It's out of the way, and a good-looking pet, so potentially a good choice.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » October 4th, 2013, 11:40 am

Itsmnevis wrote:Echoing what Rendigar says above me, the Water Spirit is the only one I use with any regularity, and the one I'd recommend getting first (and leveling). It also has the most open-market value, since it has that 'endgame' use.

Earth isn't hard at all if you have a fast rabbit and a darkmoon zep, and because it's close by you'll skip its daily the least.

Air is the one I got first, the healing elemental gave me fits when I first did it, but an Emerald Proto-whelp can solo all 3 pets.

Fire is the one that gives me the most trouble now and I've probably done the least. It's out of the way, and a good-looking pet, so potentially a good choice.
I got the Air spirit first also, on the AH very early in my pet battling career.

Air Spirit, Onyxian Whelp and Anubisath Idol were my first pets to 25. The air spirit is "slow," but its heal is very powerful over a long battle and she could grind out most wild battles all on her own.

If you're already doing the quests for the Pandaria tamers, then yeah, get the Water Spirit.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » October 4th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Water! It's very useful in so many fights.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » October 4th, 2013, 5:08 pm

Water. Definitely water. I've got all of them at 25, and the water spirit gets used several times per day while the rest see action only rarely. You'll get them all eventually if you have some patience, though.

The air spirit has a lovely move set, but its usefulness is limited by the fact that it's strong and weak against the same pet type (deals bonus damage against and takes extra damage from aquatics). A great leveling pet if you can get it from the AH or a friend, but it's pretty useless once you have a versatile roster of other pets. If you can actually complete the quest, you don't have much use for the air spirit.

Khristopher
Pet Score:2132
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Khristopher » October 10th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Just another vote for Water spirit here. Its a fantastic pet more so when you pair it with Chrominius. Those 2 pets can kill most any of the celestials in the pet tournament. Great pair to use if your stuck on Chi-Chi.