Over powered battle pets?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Titus840
Over powered battle pets?

Post by Titus840 » October 19th, 2012, 8:06 am

Are there any pets that are so good that you would consider them to be over powered?

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Re: Over powered battle pets?

Post by Talmar » October 19th, 2012, 11:12 am

Pandaren Monk still hits like a truck.

All pets really have a counter to them though. I've one shot equal leveled and even higher leveled pets and have been one shot as well. That's the fun of it though. :)

Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Sesamee » October 19th, 2012, 12:16 pm

I don't think any pets are necessarily OP. I think there are some good pets and some not so good pets. The most complained about seems to be the Monk but people forget that in order to good damage he has to sacrifice a turn in which he does no damage. He is very easy to counter with a dodge or any avoidance move and umpteen million easy to find pets have them. Add in the fact that he has to sacrifice survivability to do top damage and I don't think he's OP at all. He's a heavy hitter, for sure, but it doesn't matter how hard he hits if it never lands.

Ragingfurball
Top Rater
Pet Score:1829
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Ragingfurball » October 19th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Although I can't remember the name of it since I haven't been keeping up with my archaeology skill, the little flying pterodactyl that you can get through the skill absolutely tears up in the lower levels (1-10). Definatly worth taking the time to get it and use it against unsuspecting battlers.

I'm not sure how it compares to higher level battles, but I hope it evens out over time.

Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Sesamee » October 19th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Pterrodaxx Hatchling! And she does great at max level. Decent damage, avoidance, and a nice heal. She's not a heavy hitter but she holds her own. And she's great against healer pets like crabs and frogs.

Aggressive
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Aggressive » October 19th, 2012, 5:43 pm

I like the Wild Jade Hatchling. Really nice against beast or aquatic :D can crit for 1k, even more if you use dmg buffs