Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu
Re: Moon Moon

Post by Domie » October 7th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Luciandk wrote:New hotfix for Moonfang:

Moonfang should now always drop something when defeated.
Got a link? :)
Or is this a wish? :P

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 7th, 2013, 11:03 pm

[url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10932273/54_Hotfixes_September_17-9_17_2013]Hotfixes for October 7[/url].

I wonder what item will be the most common drop from Moonfang now. My guess is the Moonfang Shroud.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Moritsume
Pet Score:13491
BattleTag®:MurdaMode#1395
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Moritsume » October 7th, 2013, 11:39 pm

I've killed Moonfang 3 times since the hotfix I believe, and two of those it dropped 2 Sharp Fang grey vendor items....hooray!

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » October 7th, 2013, 11:42 pm

Quintessence wrote:[url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10932273/54_Hotfixes_September_17-9_17_2013]Hotfixes for October 7[/url].

I wonder what item will be the most common drop from Moonfang now. My guess is the Moonfang Shroud.
Thanks for the link :)

Merilwen
Pet Score:5058
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Merilwen » October 7th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Finally got him, a P/P version on my 21st kill just now :D

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13620
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » October 8th, 2013, 5:49 am

Gratz, atleast he dont hate us all. *Grumble grumle mean old stupid wolf ...*

I have lost count myself by now, but doing it on 2 every kill, so 40 -50 kills by now ? Maybe even more.
If I dont get it today, I will throw in my towel and buy if from the AH when it land around 1-2 k.
Starting to feel really stupid just sitting and camping all day and night, doing nothing else in the game. Just starting to feel like wasted time.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » October 8th, 2013, 8:03 am

The respawn is every hour..like 8.30,9:30 etc. The drop rate hasn't been too bad either. The 1st kill got the quest, 2nd kill got the thing that turns you into moon moon, 3rd kill got the mount which is kinda cute and 4th kill got the pet, 5th kill got the head piece and 6th kill got another pet. All kills were done on level 90 ( Naos), but any level will do as long as you get an attack off. The only thing is if you are under level 90 you can't do anything w/ the quest because that requires a level 90 to turn in,but everything else does not require you to be level 90. The pet can be caged though I don't think they will go for that much since the drop rate isn't too bad, but I can't wait to see what this little gem can do in battle...needs a new name.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 8th, 2013, 9:32 am

Quintessence wrote:[url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10932273/54_Hotfixes_September_17-9_17_2013]Hotfixes for October 7[/url].

Grey vendor trash is what she drops now whenever she doesn't drop something special. All the hotfix really did.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 8th, 2013, 12:02 pm

Gilneas wrote:Grey vendor trash is what she drops now whenever she doesn't drop something special. All the hotfix really did.
Heh, figures. I wonder if the hotfix was worth it. Having nothing to loot at all vs. looting but receiving vendor trash the majority of the time. I suppose it feels better to loot something than nothing at all, even if it's just a tiny bit better.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gobbletone
Pet Score:2785
BattleTag®:Gobbletone#1768
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Gobbletone » October 8th, 2013, 2:45 pm

Is it possible that the sooner you loot her, the better your odds of getting Moon Moon? I usually waited until it cleared out a bit before looting and I would guess that I got the shroud about 50% (or so it seems)of the time. This morning on my first run I was first or second to loot and Moon Moon dropped (P/P). Just a thought. Just tried again and was one of first to loot and again got Moon Moon, Coincidence? Maybe, Maybe not.

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » October 8th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Between multiple accounts in the household and swapping servers to catch various spawns, I'd estimate we've killed Moonfang 150 times or so, if not 200. During that, we've gotten the pet twice. Both times on the same character, a level 60. And it was well over 50 kills to get the first. Both were P/S. Wowhead is showing 7 percent drop rate, with 800 attempts. It honestly feels more like 1-2 percent, but I guess their numbers are bigger than mine. :)

Shiranui
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Shiranui » October 8th, 2013, 3:40 pm

no moon moon yet, been checking two servers since yesterday.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » October 8th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Gobbletone wrote:Is it possible that the sooner you loot her, the better your odds of getting Moon Moon? I usually waited until it cleared out a bit before looting and I would guess that I got the shroud about 50% (or so it seems)of the time. This morning on my first run I was first or second to loot and Moon Moon dropped (P/P). Just a thought. Just tried again and was one of first to loot and again got Moon Moon, Coincidence? Maybe, Maybe not.
No, nothing like this should have any effect on what you get or don't.

"Speed of looting" has never been a factor in WoW (except in rare cases of group 'free-for-all' looting).

Spreading superstition like this isn't helping.

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » October 8th, 2013, 7:42 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Gilneas wrote:Grey vendor trash is what she drops now whenever she doesn't drop something special. All the hotfix really did.
Heh, figures. I wonder if the hotfix was worth it. Having nothing to loot at all vs. looting but receiving vendor trash the majority of the time. I suppose it feels better to loot something than nothing at all, even if it's just a tiny bit better.
I think the hotfix was mostly to avoid a ton of tickets from people that thought that it bugged out on them :)
I do agree that its probaly better just to loot nothing instead of something bad for a lot of people, like the ones that seem to get into a tantrum every time they get gold from their coin rolls :D

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » October 9th, 2013, 11:06 am

Domie wrote:
Quintessence wrote:
I think the hotfix was mostly to avoid a ton of tickets from people that thought that it bugged out on them :)
I do agree that its probaly better just to loot nothing instead of something bad for a lot of people, like the ones that seem to get into a tantrum every time they get gold from their coin rolls :D
I'm one of those people who has an internal (well, off screen) tantrum about those bonus rolls. It's not like you can get so many of them, and it takes a bit of effort to get the few you are allowed (easier now that lesser charms drop like rain).

I wouldn't be so mad about failed bonus rolls if the amount of gold were significant, or if it would just award me another "failbox." At least there's a chance at other goodies from the box/bag.

I'm not a fan of invisible stats, so stacking more RNG on top of RNG with no idea what your actual chance is, coupled with the likelihood you'll get something you already have... RAGE.

I guess I just wish the bonus roll tokens did something.. More. I don't like feeling it was totally wasted, because all I got was 20g which I can get in about 10 seconds of a quest.

It also irritates me that our supposed "bad luck streak breaking" mechanic isn't visible either. I can't help but feeling like there's nothing of the sort at play, and Blizzard just says that failed rolls will make the next roll more likely to give loot. Really, blizz? By what percentage? How many failures should I endure before winning something? Does that mean that you intend a large number of rolls to fail? Argh.. INVISIBLE MECHANICS.

Yeah, I'm mad about the whole bonus roll thing. I'm sure that my current streak of not one piece of loot from SoO in three weeks has nothing to do with it.

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » October 9th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Is it just me or is it more or less impossible to find groups for Moonfang already?

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » October 9th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Aeolyn wrote:Is it just me or is it more or less impossible to find groups for Moonfang already?
I've never seen a single group form, people just stand around waiting for Moonfang to spawn (apparently believing she has a random spawn timer and/or too lazy to help kill the lesser ones and the elites). The only enjoyment I get from this event is watching her pack kill people over and over again (including me). Once I get my hands on the pet I will never help kill her again - I just hope they never make her easier.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » October 9th, 2013, 10:31 pm

Use Oqueue.

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » October 9th, 2013, 11:01 pm

nm, the pro's got it under control.
Last edited by Moonie1 on October 10th, 2013, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 10th, 2013, 12:09 am

Moonie1 wrote:The GM let slip that the loot for Moonfang works in the same way as the rares on the Timeless Isle. That means that the first time you loot the corpse for the day, you have increased chances of getting favorable loot. After that, each subsequent kill lowers the percentage. It is still possible to get the pet, but its a much lower chance than your first kill. This works on a per character basis and would explain why some of us have a lot of kills logged each day with not much reward.
Either the GM is just saying something to appease the ticket, the website is showing false information, or a game developer is mistaken, but it was [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6574&start=20#p51616]already discussed[/url] that the "first time per day" idea is [url=https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/status/381117786463809536]not an actual loot mechanic[/url].

I'm pretty sure that random loot is random. Getting the pet on your first kill across multiple characters is just super amazing luck.