Murkimus 2013

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Squall
Pet Score:3702
Realm:Eredar-eu
Murkimus 2013

Post by Squall » October 1st, 2013, 11:41 pm

Hi! Was Murkimus already sent? It has been five weeks by now.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Re: Murkimus 2013

Post by GrosBonda » October 2nd, 2013, 8:16 am

as far as i know .... NO

Beyonder
MVP
Pet Score:12531
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Beyonder » October 3rd, 2013, 4:27 am

I remember reading after the fact that PVP battles where people quit as soon as they entered it may not count towards the 50 battle requirement even though you scored a victory for it. We did a few extra above 50, now I wish I had done at least 15 more, because I remember alot of the times it was over immediately, so as to wether it does not count for both sides or just the side that gave up immediately is the question. It would really suck if my team and I do not get the pet, because of the times the other team immediately quit the battle, even though it counted as a win for my team. We never did this when we entered the battle.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » October 3rd, 2013, 5:19 am

To be honest, if those kind of wins weren't counted towards the 50 games played, it should have been mentioned in the rules.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » October 3rd, 2013, 8:09 am

There are 'filler' matches too, which will raise your team's MMR to a level where the system can pair you with a similar team. All these games will count. Participation in this arena tournament was the lowest ever, the Vanquisher watermark (top 1000 teams) was around 1000 rating this year, compared to 1800 in previous years.

I've no idea why there's a further delay, it does make me worry there's an announcement that they're scared to make and they're putting it off (perhaps till we've all happily bought Blizzcon e-tickets?

There was an awful mismatch on the realms between pet teams (who often quit games, or stood and died) and those competitive teams.

I think in hindsight, Blizz wish they'd not granted a pet from this activity.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » October 3rd, 2013, 11:23 am

If you looked at the leaderboard as well, you'd notice the majority of the top teams in the rankings didn't do enough (100 battles) to qualify for the title. Some of them didn't even do 50 to get the pet. My team did 101 fights (one partner didn't get into one of the fights and we wanted to make sure for the title) and finished ranked 83. Taking the teams out that didn't qualify for the title, we finished 22nd. That's how quiet this was apparently. But we better get our pet!

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » October 4th, 2013, 8:18 am

Hmmm. I was part of a 3-man team formed via this site. We tried our backsides off, but came out with a roughly 50-50 win lose ratio. Hoping they don't look at it and assume win trading :(

Geif Murkimus already, sheesh!

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » October 4th, 2013, 10:02 am

Just quizzed a GM about it:

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Cheers!

I'm Game Master Xenshentia, at your service!

We unfortunately do not have a date when the pets will be send out, it usually can take several weeks/months after the arena pass has closed, so you will need to be a bit patient. :)

To be eligible to get said pet you indeed needed to have participated on the Arena pass and also needed to participated in at least 50 Arena games, so if you are confident you did everything needed there is nothing more for you to do than wait.

Good luck and *fingers crossed* so that you will hopefully receive it soon!

Best regards,

Game Master Xenshentia

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » October 4th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Luciandk wrote:/months
:shock:

I'm not a very patient person! :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Lucio
Pet Score:11992
Realm:Bronzebeard-eu

Post by Lucio » October 4th, 2013, 7:09 pm

murkimus has not been sent out yet, 2 days ago i sent my second annoyed ticket to the gm's.

He said that they did'nt know about the time it would be sent out, but he had hoped it had been already done.

And if u r in a match and the other team choose to leave, it's not Your fault, if u do it, it will prolly not Count for u.

I wish i could paste my tickets in here, hehe, they were'nt Nice, and i was also pissed about that they had'nt mentioned that they had to make the pets first in faq, and i also said if they have to check every game played to see if it was anything happening that was against their policy, they need a better system etc etc.

But i Guess we get murkimus b4 we get the blizzcon 2013 pet atleast..

Tenshiame
Top Rater
Pet Score:3475
BattleTag®:AmaraAme#1364
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Tenshiame » October 4th, 2013, 7:21 pm

friend of mine put a ticket in about it, GM told them that it would be at least 6 weeks so maybe next weekend?

Luxxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3423
BattleTag®:Retraxx#1868
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Post by Luxxy » October 4th, 2013, 7:24 pm

Worgenbait wrote:If you looked at the leaderboard as well, you'd notice the majority of the top teams in the rankings didn't do enough (100 battles) to qualify for the title. Some of them didn't even do 50 to get the pet. My team did 101 fights (one partner didn't get into one of the fights and we wanted to make sure for the title) and finished ranked 83. Taking the teams out that didn't qualify for the title, we finished 22nd. That's how quiet this was apparently. But we better get our pet!
The arena realm was very quiet. I hope we get our title and pet soon tho :) My Murkablo is getting Lonely :(

Beyonder
MVP
Pet Score:12531
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Beyonder » October 4th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Here is where they can nullify your wins in point 4 of the terms of agreement;

4. Rules
All matches that take place in association with the Arena Pass Service shall take place in accordance with the World of Warcraft Arena Rules, which will be made available by Blizzard prior to end of the Practice Period, as defined in Section 5 below. "Cheating," as determined in Blizzard's sole discretion, and specifically including, without limitation, "win-trading," shall result in disqualification of the Arena Team and all of its Team Members. Third party user interfaces compatible with World of Warcraft, and which do not violate the World of Warcraft Terms of Use may be used during the Arena Pass Service.

So if you engaged a team that immediately quit and you got a win for it, this can be considered cheating.

Also it states;
To engage in an Arena match an Arena team will 'queue' or 'sign up' to enter an Arena Battleground with an "Arena Battlemaster." Once an Arena Team is queued, the Arena Battleground system will match the Arena Team up with another Arena Team, and the match will take place. The match will then commence, and continues until only one Arena Team is left. The Arena Team with players alive at the end of the match is the winner.

This may be the only wins they count, where one team is only left alive.

All those pet collectors that were trying to just get 50 matches and not do any battling may have screwed us all out of the pet. Oh brother.

Luxxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3423
BattleTag®:Retraxx#1868
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Post by Luxxy » October 4th, 2013, 8:09 pm

Beyonder wrote:Here is where they can nullify your wins in point 4 of the terms of agreement;

4. Rules
All matches that take place in association with the Arena Pass Service shall take place in accordance with the World of Warcraft Arena Rules, which will be made available by Blizzard prior to end of the Practice Period, as defined in Section 5 below. "Cheating," as determined in Blizzard's sole discretion, and specifically including, without limitation, "win-trading," shall result in disqualification of the Arena Team and all of its Team Members. Third party user interfaces compatible with World of Warcraft, and which do not violate the World of Warcraft Terms of Use may be used during the Arena Pass Service.

So if you engaged a team that immediately quit and you got a win for it, this can be considered cheating.

Also it states;
To engage in an Arena match an Arena team will 'queue' or 'sign up' to enter an Arena Battleground with an "Arena Battlemaster." Once an Arena Team is queued, the Arena Battleground system will match the Arena Team up with another Arena Team, and the match will take place. The match will then commence, and continues until only one Arena Team is left. The Arena Team with players alive at the end of the match is the winner.

This may be the only wins they count, where one team is only left alive.

All those pet collectors that were trying to just get 50 matches and not do any battling may have screwed us all out of the pet. Oh brother.
My team and I also fought and put up a fight, I won't be to happy if My team and I don't get the pet because of other people that did not try

Gruumsh
Pet Score:2710
BattleTag®:Gruumsh#1655
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Gruumsh » October 4th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Luciandk wrote:Just quizzed a GM about it:

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Cheers!

I'm Game Master Xenshentia, at your service!

We unfortunately do not have a date when the pets will be send out, it usually can take several weeks/months after the arena pass has closed, so you will need to be a bit patient. :)

To be eligible to get said pet you indeed needed to have participated on the Arena pass and also needed to participated in at least 50 Arena games, so if you are confident you did everything needed there is nothing more for you to do than wait.

Good luck and *fingers crossed* so that you will hopefully receive it soon!

Best regards,

Game Master Xenshentia
My team did the event on the very first Wednesday when officially rated PVP Began(after the delay).
Fortunately all the teams were playing seriously or at least trying to kill us ..
We had a record of 37win /16 loss.
Therefore I think that my team will be eligible for the pet, but neither of my team mates has receive the pet yet.
The quote above from a GM which says they cannot give an estimate of when they will be mailing the pet yet.
Therefore I think that there is no need for unnecessary panic for now :)
Last edited by Gruumsh on October 8th, 2013, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Someone
Top Rater
Pet Score:3987
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Someone » October 7th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Gruumsh wrote:My team did the event on the very first Wednesday when it was released.
Fortunately all the teams were playing seriously or at least trying to kill us ..
Therefore I think that my team will be eligible for the pet, but neither of my team mates has receive the pet yet.
The quote above from a GM which says they cannot give an estimate of when they will be mailing the pet yet.
First Wed when it was released or first wed when the practice period was over?
If you did it at the very start you will not be be able to get the pet.

Marikari
Pet Score:2038
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Marikari » October 7th, 2013, 3:50 pm

aye the first few weeks were an unrated practice phase, those games would not have counted towards the pet.

I'm hoping for the vanquisher title, the team did 100 games (i got 100 from helping other team members get their 50) and we finished in the top 1k (400-ish according to the rankings page) - we put up a fight every time (when the game wasnt an instant win) even if we did get squished horribly often lol

Gruumsh
Pet Score:2710
BattleTag®:Gruumsh#1655
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Gruumsh » October 8th, 2013, 11:00 am

Someone wrote:
Gruumsh wrote:My team did the event on the very first Wednesday when it was released.
First Wed when it was released or first wed when the practice period was over?
If you did it at the very start you will not be be able to get the pet.
Yes, I realized it was misleading and edited my post above

Silverthorn
MVP
Pet Score:13821
Realm:Staghelm-us

Post by Silverthorn » October 10th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Murkimus is overdue by my reckoning. Heck, they shoulda simply thrown it in with the Arena pass.

I mean, are we going to see Murkalot before Murkimus? That would be weird.

I fought all the matches as hard as I could. It told me one important thing: even with the best gear, enchants, gems, etc., against players no more skillful at PvP than I, I still suck at PvP.

It does not looks good for me getting through the PvP objectives for the Wrathion qc. At least there isn't a pet at the end of that death march.

Silverthorn

Someone
Top Rater
Pet Score:3987
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Someone » October 18th, 2013, 2:10 am

Got mine today :)