Share pet collecting news and advice.
Meistar
Top Rater

Pet Score: 4644
BattleTag®: Aeristar#11668
Realm: Bleeding Hollow-US

My imagination??

Postby Meistar » September 29th, 2013, 4:35 pm

Is it my imagination or have they buffed the droprate of battlestones? I've been leveling pets and I've gotten 5 stones since yesterday, 1 Flying, 2 Beasts, 1 Critter, and one Flawless. I'm not complaining mind you, I was able to trade some stones in for the stones I needed, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen an increase, or maybe I missed something in the patch notes lol.

Rendigar
MVP

Pet Score: 5042
Realm: Ysera-US

Re: My imagination??

Postby Rendigar » September 29th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Are you on a lower level character? I thought I saw somewhere about people saying the drop rate on lowbie characters was higher for stones. Not sure if there is much truth in it, but I've been pet levelling on my main (who is 90) for an hour and have yet to see a single stone. Levelling 1's in Blade's Edge Mountains, though, so that may be why.

Meistar
Top Rater

Pet Score: 4644
BattleTag®: Aeristar#11668
Realm: Bleeding Hollow-US

Postby Meistar » September 29th, 2013, 5:05 pm

Nope I'm on my main just leveling the new pets I've gotten from the isle, I like to powerlevel in Swamp of Sorrows all the way to 15 and then I move to Pandaland (there is no one hardly in Swamp so I have it to myself! Plus there are a ton of pets to level off of). The stones have dropped in the swamp.

Maybe RNG just liked me now after having to camp the Jadefire Spirit and kill so many crabs for my crab pet LOL.

Azrile

Pet Score: 3600
Realm: Fenris-US

Postby Azrile » September 29th, 2013, 6:02 pm

very small sample size, but I did get two critter stones and only did about 15 pve fights against the critters in Valley4wind. It is possible they buffed the drop rates so everyone can be ´all rare´ heading into the next expansion.

The interesting thing I´ve been wondering about is if our current stones will be able to upgrade new wild pets in the next expansion. I am starting to collect some flying, beast and critter ones that I could easily sell off, but I will probably hold onto them for the next ex-pac so I don´t have to rare-hunt wild pets.

Shikon01
MVP

Pet Score: 2668
Realm: Silvermoon-US

Postby Shikon01 » September 29th, 2013, 6:41 pm

You're not crazy I noticed it too.I seem to get more on lower toons than my max. Before I hit 90 I was meeting my needs for stones now I gotta work around it.

Return to Pet Collecting