Looking for realms with active pet auction house

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu
Looking for realms with active pet auction house

Post by Ryazan » September 27th, 2013, 4:38 am

I basically would like people to post here if they known a realm&faction combo which auction house has somewhat big supply of pets and the fluctuation of pets is good. So basically you'd only need to post the realm and faction, as having an active pet AH on Horde side doesn't always mean Alliance side has one too. Also, please post is the realm on US or EU as there are realms with same names.

The reason why I'm gathering this info is that I'd like some solid places to do price checks from the Undermine Journal on pets before buying/selling certain pets. I KNOW the prices can vary a lot between somewhat dead realms and full realms so of course the prices aren't set in stone. Anyhow, while this interests me, I will edit all the given AHs to this first post with links to UJ so all can browse them if they find this idea useful.

US realms:
EU realms:
Last edited by Ryazan on October 8th, 2013, 11:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Re: Looking for realms with active pet auction house

Post by Anasa » September 27th, 2013, 3:22 pm

I just made an alt on Horde Illidan. It is the AH with the *most* items listed. It looks like Alliance Stormrage is the best Alliance AH.

Keep in mind that the upcoming Connected Realms is going to send all economy stats into chaos.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » September 27th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Area 52 Horde side is also very active.. I have an alt parked there just for pet trading..

Saite
Pet Score:13760
Realm:Bladefist-eu

Post by Saite » September 27th, 2013, 8:45 pm

I use EU Sylvanas Alliance for Pet Trading. Tons of pets up for sale.

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » September 27th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Moon Guard (US) Horde side has a pretty good pet market, as of late I have been seeing more high end TCG pets like the cub and trader up.

Poxx
Pet Score:5148
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Poxx » September 28th, 2013, 4:47 am

EU Argent Dawn Alliance seems pretty nice as well, got a lot of missing pets there.

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » September 28th, 2013, 9:05 am

Kil'Jaeden-Horde is pretty good.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » September 28th, 2013, 9:44 am

I use Horde - Illidian

There are usually multiple copies of every pet, which allows for competition to make prices consistent.

But to be honest, you can´t look at things in a vacuum. There are a ton of ways to get pets much cheaper on other servers, and also sell pets for much more on other servers ( depending on the pet). And the BMAH is a huge issue with this. For instance, Illidan has Rocket Chickens for 60k almost all the time. But I constantly win Rocket chickens on BMAH for 30k on a few different servers, and then can sell them for 80k on other servers. On Illidan, the price of the raid drop pets for SoO are much lower than you can sell those same pets for on other servers.

I think the problem with your approach is that each pet is different depending on how you get it. You can´t just grab a high population server and say ´ok, those are the base prices for that pet´ or you will be missing out on huge opportunities.

Ebil

Post by Ebil » September 28th, 2013, 10:21 am

The Undermine Journal does take in account the BMAH on most realms and they let you do a side by side comparison on the normal AH so using it to get a good idea about where the price of items should be is sound. Yes, the OP is going to miss out on the guy in trade selling the latest raid drop for 2k but he will be able to make an average of prices.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » September 28th, 2013, 10:49 am

Ebil wrote:The Undermine Journal does take in account the BMAH on most realms and they let you do a side by side comparison on the normal AH so using it to get a good idea about where the price of items should be is sound. Yes, the OP is going to miss out on the guy in trade selling the latest raid drop for 2k but he will be able to make an average of prices.
It isn´t about trade chat, it is just that on Illidain, there will be 100x´s more guilds killing SoO raid bosses then on low population servers. there are like 15 gooey shas listed on Illidian now, and they are driving down the price down to 8k. On my server, there are none, and never were any listed. You would be crazy to sell one for 8k there. I could easily sell it for 5x´s the amount on my server. Current raid drop pets are always significantly cheaper on high population servers, while farmed pets are usually cheaper on the low pop servers, or at least even. The amount of players killing raid bosses is significantly higher than just what the server differences would predict.

if you get a raid drop pet on your server, and you base it´s price around Illidian, you are going to lose a lot of gold.

There are also things like realms with big pet-collector guilds. I am in one on an alt server.. has like 800 members, all big pet collectors. Guess what? The panda bears and Spirit pets can be bought for 350g because there are so many sellers. Then they are sold on my server for 1500g, or on Illidian for 800g.

Every pet has unique ways to get it, which makes different servers have completely different economics for that one pet. I have broken them down into groups and use about 4-5 servers to buy-sell back and forth, you can easily double your money every turn.

There is a reason the undermine Journal breaks down their data by servers, because comparing prices cross server is meaningless.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13538
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 28th, 2013, 11:14 am

Silvermoon EU (ally side) is extremely busy. I've been able to pick up a few pets there that have never ever come up on my home server.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 28th, 2013, 1:27 pm

Illidan (H) is also my go to server for a big selection of pets, but I often get better deals on Kil'Jaeden (H).

Rosalyne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5903
BattleTag®:Rosalyne#1595
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Rosalyne » September 28th, 2013, 6:20 pm

I use Proudmoore Alliance for my pet buying. It's fairly high pop and the prices there are pretty good. Pets sell pretty quickly when listed, but maybe not for as high prices as other servers, due to volume.

Ebil

Post by Ebil » September 28th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Azrile wrote: It isn´t about trade chat, it is just that on Illidain, there will be 100x´s more guilds killing SoO raid bosses then on low population servers. there are like 15 gooey shas listed on Illidian now, and they are driving down the price down to 8k. On my server, there are none, and never were any listed. You would be crazy to sell one for 8k there. I could easily sell it for 5x´s the amount on my server. Current raid drop pets are always significantly cheaper on high population servers, while farmed pets are usually cheaper on the low pop servers, or at least even. The amount of players killing raid bosses is significantly higher than just what the server differences would predict.

if you get a raid drop pet on your server, and you base it´s price around Illidian, you are going to lose a lot of gold.

There are also things like realms with big pet-collector guilds. I am in one on an alt server.. has like 800 members, all big pet collectors. Guess what? The panda bears and Spirit pets can be bought for 350g because there are so many sellers. Then they are sold on my server for 1500g, or on Illidian for 800g.

Every pet has unique ways to get it, which makes different servers have completely different economics for that one pet. I have broken them down into groups and use about 4-5 servers to buy-sell back and forth, you can easily double your money every turn.

There is a reason the undermine Journal breaks down their data by servers, because comparing prices cross server is meaningless.
If comparing prices cross server is meaningless how do you price your pets to sell? You are not just pulling numbers out of thin air as far as pricing goes. If you look at 8 different servers and the price of a SoO raid pets are 8k - 90k, you can use that information to price your own pets. People that work the AH know how their AH works and what price will move items. I could take that 8k pet and flip it for 30k, could I get more for it? Yes, but my goal is to sell to resellers and let them take the risks and babysitting of the AH.

Comparing prices I have a starting point. It is not going to give me the "This pet should sell for this much" answer but it will give a frame of reference. Also I would not go by Illidian prices because their prices will be lower because so many people are coming from different servers selling pets further driving down the price of pets on that server.

Annys
Top Rater
Pet Score:4729
BattleTag®:Annys72#1333
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Post by Annys » September 28th, 2013, 9:15 pm

I also use Illidan (Horde) since on my realm the pets are grossly over priced and don't have the selection Illidan does.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » September 29th, 2013, 1:13 am

For buying, absolutely Illidan horde. For selling, well unless you have all the funds you want on Illidan for whatever pets you want to buy.. probably Illidan so you can continue to buy those pets. The way I see it if it's a choice between selling a pet for 2k on Illidan or 6k on my home server... well there's nothing for me to buy on my home server. Illidan (or any other high pet server) gold is just much more valuable to a pet collector than gold on a server that is empty of not just the high end pets, but the higher mid end pets as well.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » September 29th, 2013, 9:18 am

EU Kazzak horde, the ah is pretty active there, there is almost always one of each tcg pets up at a time (rarely more than 3 of the rare ones tho), and things like pierre, timeless isle, viscious horror and other raid pets come up as soon as they are available :)

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » September 30th, 2013, 4:48 am

Azrile, yes, I'm aware of there are more factors to pet pricing than just the average cost on realm X and no, I don't blindly set prices based on the data is given in UJ. :)
This thread also serves a purpose of getting familiar with the active realms, for example. If I ever wanted to expand my business to other realms, this thread could help me identify the possible candidates.

Anyhow, updated the first post, keep'em coming. ^^
- Taking your candles since 2005

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:11392
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » September 30th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Darkspear US alliance is pretty good.