You've collected 0 pets

Site rankings

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Askania

Pet Score: 4577
Realm: Khaz'goroth-US

Site rankings

Postby Askania » September 16th, 2013, 11:31 am

I can't seem to find the page I looked at earlier today, that detailed how site rankings were worked out. I remember it said it doesn't take into account duplicates, as it counts the highest or rarest pet in your list. What I was wanting to know, when it comes to pets with multiple breeds, which breed will be counted for the ranking system? For example I have 2 x Rare Level 13 Black Rats. One is S/S the other is S/B so which would be included as part of my ranking? Actually is it really that important to have a specific breed at all. I am trying to increase my ranking by getting rid of all my poor and common pets and replacing them with u/c or rare, before I continue on my collecting journey.

Azrile

Pet Score: 3600
Realm: Fenris-US

Re: Site rankings

Postby Azrile » September 16th, 2013, 11:57 am

breeds do not factor into the ranking at all.

Unique pets
rarity of those pets
average pet level.

Kpb321

Pet Score: 3974
BattleTag®: kpb#1554
Realm: Sisters of Elune-US

Postby Kpb321 » September 16th, 2013, 12:27 pm

When it comes to the average level it always uses the level of your highest quality pet so if you have a level 1 rare and a level 25 uncommon it uses your level 1 rare.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Pet Score: 5156
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Postby Quintessence » September 16th, 2013, 6:57 pm

Here is the page detailing how scores are calculated on WarcraftPets, but Kpb321 and Azrile seem to have covered the basics. Good luck!
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

Askania

Pet Score: 4577
Realm: Khaz'goroth-US

Postby Askania » September 17th, 2013, 2:49 am

Thank you! That has helped, I got a bit confused when I was upgrading pets last night because some rares that I came across that I already had at the same level showed as being an upgrade and I assumed it was because the new one was a different breed. But other than higher health shown in the journal it is hard to tell once collected which was the better pet.

Return to Pet Collecting