Suspicious activity on EU realms...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Suspicious activity on EU realms...

Post by Index » September 16th, 2013, 8:02 am

So. Any other realms gotten the level 1 unguilded warrior selling the exact same 3 pets for the exact same figures?

Soul Trader for 220k
Spectral Cub for 160K
Dragon Kite for 80k

Before people go crazy, remember if something seems too good to be true...

I know it might be innocent, but out of the blue these pets are all over, usually you only see 1 on a realm...

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Suspicious activity on EU realms...

Post by Luciandk » September 16th, 2013, 9:24 am

You do realize pet library is accountwide and accessible on all servers?

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » September 16th, 2013, 8:58 pm

It's a little strange, not necessarily suspicious. Have a chat to the guy. Ask him where he's from, where he got the pets from and why he wants to sell them. Same sort of thing you do if you're buying something from the classified ads in the newspaper.

Imeagle
Pet Score:2847
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Imeagle » September 17th, 2013, 7:15 am

We've seen the same type of selling on the US servers all summer. It first started with the Cub and then moved to the Trader and the Kite. There's been a lot of talk on the forum about it. It looks like they have finally started on the EU now.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » September 17th, 2013, 11:06 am

Draenor has some going for cheap now, but tbh I have seen them on the AH for a looong time and I've seen some prices dropping. Always better to be safe when you see level 1's trading valuables!

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » September 17th, 2013, 11:41 am

I'm not on EU realms but here in the US we've had a huge influx of soul traders the past few weeks and prices have dropped significantly. If before on my very high pop realm you'd see one trader every few weeks, then now we constantly have 5-6 of them up at any time. I'm pretty sure this is just another spectral tiger cub situation with duping. The guys who are selling these pets tend to have Chinese sounding names, and they change them every few hours. So one guy goes from being named something like chenmaomao to chenpopo or something like that and it keeps happening. Also their sales pitch sounds like it is translated through babblefish or something similar. Like "w me Ethereal Soul-Trader!!! Finally, some." I kinda had to laugh cause it made no sense.

Imeagle

Post by Imeagle » September 17th, 2013, 12:19 pm

Kagalii wrote:I'm not on EU realms but here in the US we've had a huge influx of soul traders the past few weeks and prices have dropped significantly. If before on my very high pop realm you'd see one trader every few weeks, then now we constantly have 5-6 of them up at any time. I'm pretty sure this is just another spectral tiger cub situation with duping. The guys who are selling these pets tend to have Chinese sounding names, and they change them every few hours. So one guy goes from being named something like chenmaomao to chenpopo or something like that and it keeps happening. Also their sales pitch sounds like it is translated through babblefish or something similar. Like "w me Ethereal Soul-Trader!!! Finally, some." I kinda had to laugh cause it made no sense.
They also tend not to post dupes on the AH where it's easier for Blizz to track them. That doesn't mean some didn't buy a dupe and is trying to flip it in the AH.

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » September 17th, 2013, 12:52 pm

Imeagle wrote: They also tend not to post dupes on the AH where it's easier for Blizz to track them. That doesn't mean some didn't buy a dupe and is trying to flip it in the AH.
Oh yeah, the AH ones are most likely being flipped (I recognize some of the names of people on my server who deal in high end flipping), but the ones with Chinese names are spamming trade on level 1s of course.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » September 17th, 2013, 1:31 pm

I'm very well aware that pets are account bound and server wide, yet despite this knowledge and a knowledge of rarity vs value etc, and also the new TCG x-pac, it still made me doubt the validity of the items.

I also spoke to the guy. Very broken English, and when I suggested it was *possibly* via some form of compromised account, he vanished, logged off within seconds.

About 3 minutes later, a friend on another server gave me the name of someone selling the same 3 pets, for the same price etc, that's why it flagged alarm bells. Both were level 1 unguilded warriors. One was called something like xxmov and the other was xxmob

I could smell a rat somewhere ;)

p.s. not talking about genuine AH sellers here, just the usual level 1 spamming /2 all night ><

Imeagle

Post by Imeagle » September 17th, 2013, 1:48 pm

Index wrote:I could smell a rat somewhere ;)

p.s. not talking about genuine AH sellers here, just the usual level 1 spamming /2 all night ><
This is what's been going on in the US since July. Most likely they're selling duped items.