Sky Lantern not stonable?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Re: Sky Lantern not stonable?

Post by Peanutty » November 5th, 2013, 1:03 am

Hmm, weird, maybe one of my addons is somehow hiding the family type? Because I know it showed as Flying before. Good to get clarification on that.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 5th, 2013, 1:56 am

I have tried several times to stone this pet. It is extremely annoying to have ONE green pet amongst all the blues.

On a side note: Since the armory doesn't show the proper quality, I wish that this site would simply not track the quality of non-battle pets.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » November 5th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Maizing wrote:On a side note: Since the armory doesn't show the proper quality, I wish that this site would simply not track the quality of non-battle pets.
That would be nice... I hate seeing my percentage of rare pets off because of a few pets that I can't do anything about when it comes to stoning them. I've just got five flying pets (and one beast once I get my hands on a Death Adder Hatchling) and it would be awesome to see that number at 100% :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 5th, 2013, 1:04 pm

Maizing wrote:On a side note: Since the armory doesn't show the proper quality, I wish that this site would simply not track the quality of non-battle pets.
Pretty interesting idea. Keep in mind WarcraftPets was originally created for tracking all vanity pets in a collection, so I'm not sure if everyone would want to see this type of feature.

Regardless, feel free to make a post in the Site Bugs and Suggestions forum or submit a suggestion form.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 5th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Pretty interesting idea. Keep in mind WarcraftPets was originally created for tracking all vanity pets in a collection, so I'm not sure if everyone would want to see this type of feature.

Regardless, feel free to make a post in the Site Bugs and Suggestions forum or submit a suggestion form.
I'm guessing they still want the pets tracked, but they don't want their quality tracked since the armory ignores their quality (the non battle pets). I can understand why. I myself have the rest of my pets at rare but will never actually show 100% rare due to how the armory tracks these pets.

Thraner
Pet Score:4376
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Thraner » December 12th, 2013, 12:21 pm

As an update to this issue:

I could use a stone on all the other non-battling pets such as kites and guild pages, but not the Sky Lantern. When I tried yesterday, it did not consume the stone and it did not upgrade the item. I then used the stone on my horde balloon which was successfully upgraded.

Memnochlv
Pet Score:3533
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Post by Memnochlv » December 22nd, 2013, 6:57 am

Quintessence wrote:It's showing up in my Spellbook too. That's really strange and you're probably right. Something must be wrong with how it was coded into the game. Hopefully Blizzard will get around to fixing this in the near future.
Yeah, I noticed the Spellbook addition right away and was wondering what's going on with that? When I first got it, I could summon a companion pet, use the ability from the Spellbook and have both out. As of late however, it dismisses the other when you either use the ability from the book or summon another. Either way, it's quite odd imho that it got a spell slot.