Just Realized that Pierre/Rascal-Bot is BOP & not tradeable

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Poxx
Pet Score:5148
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Re: Just Realized that Pierre/Rascal-Bot is BOP & not tradea

Post by Poxx » September 2nd, 2013, 5:48 pm

Syrrie wrote:
Koalaslayer wrote:Another option I would strongly consider if I were in your shoes would be the possibility of merging accounts with your husband.
The biggest problem with merging accounts would be not being able to play together/at the same time.
Unless they changed it recently, two WoW accounts on the same Battle.Net account can be used at the same time. Did this for a while when I had a 2nd account active.

Pikafido
MVP
Pet Score:13632
BattleTag®:Pikafido#2789
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Post by Pikafido » September 2nd, 2013, 6:10 pm

Syrrie wrote:
Koalaslayer wrote:Another option I would strongly consider if I were in your shoes would be the possibility of merging accounts with your husband.
The biggest problem with merging accounts would be not being able to play together/at the same time.
Yes it can be done. Ive merged my 2 accounts with battle net and i can run both accounts at the same time. Just not the pet battles.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 2nd, 2013, 6:11 pm

Regarding the Jard's Journal, various comments Ive seen on the PTR forums hints as it dropping anywhere in Pandaria. One guy accumulating 5x of it in Vale of Four winds from just as many kills, prior to actually learning the recipes.

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » September 2nd, 2013, 7:55 pm

Syrrie wrote:
My daughter and wife and I all play on the same bnet account. The other issue is if you use an autheniticator then all accounts use the same one.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 6th, 2013, 5:12 am

Poxx wrote:
Syrrie wrote:
Unless they changed it recently, two WoW accounts on the same Battle.Net account can be used at the same time. Did this for a while when I had a 2nd account active.
Yup, my daughter and I have our accounts on the same Battle.Net account and we play at the same time.

The only thing you CAN'T do with a shared Battle.Net is pet battle at the same time. We just semi organise this so if she does want to do some pet battles I get on with something else.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » September 6th, 2013, 6:00 am

Mystik_sok wrote:Are we sure the pets can't be caged and that the crafted item is BoP? Aren't the pets for RwL all soul bound until learned but they are cagable.
I'd like to know that too, because it seems very plausible that the item teaching you the pet is bop while it can be caged and traded once it is learned.
I think it will work pretty much along the lines of the Blacksmithing items from 5.2 where the mats were bop but the items themselves could be sold.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 6th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Straight from the PTR (taken this morning). Unless they change things before next Tuesday, these pets are BoP and not tradeable.

Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » September 6th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Quintessence! You crusher of dreams!

/sarcasm off

Thanks for the info.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » September 6th, 2013, 5:35 pm

This really sucks :(

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » September 6th, 2013, 8:34 pm

wow, that is pretty rough. And I believe each takes 15 of the jade things, which is a daily cd thing.. so it will take a month to have both? And then start on the mount?

that is a tough call, the price of the mounts will probably plummet quickly after that initial 30 days is up. But man, I finally got to #1 on my server on this site.. I don´t want to wait to have those two pets lol

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » September 6th, 2013, 8:59 pm

Syrrie wrote:
I can see other issues with merging accounts. Note: I am assuming that by "merging" the accounts that they would simply be on the same battle.net account (rather than becoming a single license)... in which case, yes, both accounts could be played at once, but only one could do pet battles if both were logged in.

Katzbalger
Pet Score:3554
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Katzbalger » September 8th, 2013, 7:56 am

Azrile wrote:wow, that is pretty rough. And I believe each takes 15 of the jade things, which is a daily cd thing.. so it will take a month to have both? And then start on the mount?

that is a tough call, the price of the mounts will probably plummet quickly after that initial 30 days is up. But man, I finally got to #1 on my server on this site.. I don´t want to wait to have those two pets lol
That's why I quickly levelled a DK engineer to have 2, that way I can have one engineer make the mount and the other make the pets, meaning I have all 3 in 30 days ;-)
With the reductions in xp needed below 85, getting to 85 isn't that bad, especially as a DK starting at 55 with heirlooms, and you only need to be 85 to get engineering maxed, the quest item to learn the bars drops, from what I've read, from any mob in pandaria so an 85 could farm it up in jade forest, if they change it to only Vale which I doubt at this stage you could always group with someone and have them kill mobs in vale for you.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » September 8th, 2013, 7:33 pm

if it drop only in vale i will be happy to help any eng 85 who need it.
just hit me up.

Like Katzbalger i have 2 eng and 2 alch ready.