MVP
Pet Score:4782
BattleTag®:Elfshine#1723
Realm:Skywall-us
Just Realized that Pierre/Rascal-Bot is BOP & not tradeable

Post by Elfshine » September 1st, 2013, 5:00 pm

Grrrrr.

I say again, Grrrrrr.

My husband just changed his main from Herbalism to Engineering so he could craft the mounts and as a side benefit, the new pet for moi. Today, we were researching the mats he'd need for my pet and realized that it's BOP and it's not tradeable.

Really, Blizz? Why for you hate me so much? I'm gonna go cry now. I wonder if I stomp my feet and throw a hissy fit if that would do any good? Or a QQ post on the official forums? Blizzard's always paid such good attention to QQ posts before, right?

No?

Alrighty, then, I'll just go back to my original comment.

GRRRRRRR!

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Just Realized that Pierre/Rascal-Bot is BOP & not tradea

Post by Luciandk » September 1st, 2013, 5:34 pm

Which is why I leveled up Engineering.

But also getting the Sky Golem without paying an arm and a leg for it. Engineering isnt that costly to skill up. Ive aquired the mats needed for the mount and pets.

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » September 1st, 2013, 5:39 pm

I so believed, that they are tradeable, what even didn't check it before your words. I think, it is bug or mistake and they will change it. So we need report on Bliz forums.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » September 1st, 2013, 5:49 pm

I think its intentional, they might ease it in the future tho. Look at the tiny carps, with them being bound, you had to be a fisherman yourself to get them.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 1st, 2013, 6:21 pm

As Luciandk already mentioned, Blizzard will probably change how the new 5.4 engineering pets are acquired in the future. I'm sure they'll be easier to come by eventually.

Similarly, the vanilla engineering pets were once very difficult to collect (BoP and pets weren't account-wide, so you absolutely had to be an engineer to obtain them) but that changed over time.

In the mean time, you could always use an alt to level up engineering (if you don't want to drop any of your professions on your main character). Since pets are account-wide, you'll still have access to the pets even if your main toon didn't craft them.

As a side note, [url=http://www.wowhead.com/guide=174/quick-rising-engineering-to-600#engineering-1-525-basic-1-60]here's a guide[/url] to quickly and efficiently leveling engineering to 600 skill. It came in pretty handy when I was power leveling my alt's engineering in preparation for 5.4 :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » September 1st, 2013, 8:09 pm

I gotta hurry up and level my priest past 82 whose my engineer. Been so focus w/ mage ( Naos) cause its been easier to port everywhere particularly dealing w/ tamers. He's 891/2. Leveled him from 80 from pet battles when I started, but plenty left for priest :)

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » September 1st, 2013, 11:24 pm

Don't worry, years have shown that Blizz will do what they'll always do: change some item(s) exclusive to certain part of the playerbase available to all others as well after certain amount of time. :D
- Taking your candles since 2005

Elfshine
MVP
Pet Score:4782
BattleTag®:Elfshine#1723
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Elfshine » September 1st, 2013, 11:25 pm

Yes, I know that I could level engineering on an alt, but I only have two level 90 toons. Plus, we just spent a lot on leveling HIS toon's engineering. I'm such a dunce. I just assumed that this pet was BOE. We have all the mats for two mounts and just today realized that we needed to see what we needed for my pet.

Le sigh.

I'm working on a third toon. She's 63. I guess I could switch her now. She's mining and enchanting. It would be easy to drop enchanting and make her an engineer too. I just hate doubling up on toon profs between us. Seems dumb.

Can't I just go back to "Grrrrrr"?

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » September 1st, 2013, 11:42 pm

Honestly, give engineering a chance. Its so loaded with perks that it makes an awesome main char prof.

Mailbox
Permanent repairbot with bank access
Teleports
Blingtron
Rocket Boots
Goblin Glider

Many people takes it on multiple chars as the perks is just that good.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 2nd, 2013, 4:55 am

It really is worth having an engineer, especially if you want a pet before it (possibly) becomes BoE or don't want to pay silly AH prices. You don't even have to be level 90 to max it. My druid is my engineer and she was 86 when I maxed it out.

I'm a bit OCD sometimes and one of the first things I do every single expansion is make sure I have every single profession maxed, just in case (or maxed x 3 in the case of alchemy - yes I have a lot of alts and no social life! :lol: )
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » September 2nd, 2013, 5:12 am

Luciandk wrote:Mailbox
Teleports
Blingtron
Rocket Boots
Goblin Glider
Add "AH access on Vale/Dalaran" to that list. :p Some of the older gadgets are still worth using in certain cases too.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » September 2nd, 2013, 7:39 am

Ryazan wrote:
Luciandk wrote:Mailbox
Teleports
Blingtron
Rocket Boots
Goblin Glider
Add "AH access on Vale/Dalaran" to that list. :p Some of the older gadgets are still worth using in certain cases too.
the World Enlarger is the most important engineering item, it keeps amazing me how many uses this item have!

Koalaslayer
Pet Score:3157
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Koalaslayer » September 2nd, 2013, 8:16 am

Another option I would strongly consider if I were in your shoes would be the possibility of merging accounts with your husband. The only negative of this option is you two cannot pet battle at the same time :(. The bonuses though are very nice. You share all pets, mounts, and achievements. Therefore, if you get one rare pet, you two can both share it, even both have it summoned at the same time.

My brother and I did this and I was overall very pleased. We save up for pets and mounts together. It's much nicer only paying about 50k (each) for the Grand Expedition Yak. Also, makes buying pets from the Blizzard store very nice. The best thing is, you will make a pretty penny when you merge. Only the pets on the "primary" account are kept... but all the items in your bags are as well. When my brother and I merged I just caged all my pets (that could be) and then we merged. After selling the additional pets and splitting it with him we still made out like kings. Also, this option makes levelling pets very nice. Some days I'll level certain ones, or set out to capture some, and other days he will. This leads me to one more negative... daily quests can only be done by one character. So Blingtron and Pet dailies cannot be done on both accounts

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » September 2nd, 2013, 8:48 am

Are we sure the pets can't be caged and that the crafted item is BoP? Aren't the pets for RwL all soul bound until learned but they are cagable.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 2nd, 2013, 1:15 pm

I agree with those that are saying that the pets will probably become BoE after some time has passed (my guess, 6.0) just like the vanilla engineering pets. I think they just want to give engineers another little perk for being amongst the least profitable professions in the game.

That said, I didn't have a high level engineer. But as soon as I'd heard that the pets were BoP on PTR I did push myself to finish leveling the level 70 alt that had been tinkering with engineering. With heirlooms and rest bonus it goes pretty fast now. My engineer is now 90 and ready and waiting for patch day!

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » September 2nd, 2013, 2:23 pm

This doesn't surprise me, though I will be surprised if they aren't cageable.

Regardless, I will have them both.

I have two 600 Engineers waiting in Pandaria for the patch.
Once it hits, they'll both get the recipes, and then it will be 30 days to get both pets and the mount.

In addition, I have seven 16-slot Tiller's Farms running full-tilt Snakeroot to feed the necessary Ghost Iron and Trillium for the new Engineering material and the Living Steel (I also have two 600 Alchemist Transmuters).

Definitely a work-in-progress, but I'm actually looking forward to the patch now.
ImageImage

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » September 2nd, 2013, 2:28 pm

the only part i am still unsure is how hard it will be to get this Jard's Peculiar Energy Source
specially first week with all the crawd killing mob...... and the journal drop from killing mob on island....

Edit : journal drop from island or from Vale ? can someone confirm ?
In the Vale of Eternal Blossoms that has been corrupted by the Sha, you (an engineer of either type) can get a drop of Schematic: Chief Engineer Jard's Journal off presumably any mob here. I don't know if it has to be a mob that's corrupted, but I went with that since it seemed logical based on the research I had done. My journal drop was on my 6th kill, so it didn't take long at all.
[Source : wow head comment]

Edit 2 : @Gendou: you just convince me to make a second eng :P i already have 2 Alch and plenty of miners :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 2nd, 2013, 3:25 pm

GrosBonda wrote: Edit : journal drop from island or from Vale ? can someone confirm ?
In the Vale of Eternal Blossoms that has been corrupted by the Sha, you (an engineer of either type) can get a drop of Schematic: Chief Engineer Jard's Journal off presumably any mob here. I don't know if it has to be a mob that's corrupted, but I went with that since it seemed logical based on the research I had done. My journal drop was on my 6th kill, so it didn't take long at all.

I can confirm that the engineering schematic drops from the Vale, and does not require a level 90 toon to learn it. Keep in mind that I tested this early on the PTR, so things could have changed since then.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » September 2nd, 2013, 3:58 pm

Quintessence wrote: I can confirm that the engineering schematic drops from the Vale, and does not require a level 90 toon to learn it. Keep in mind that I tested this early on the PTR, so things could have changed since then.
Thanks Quintessence .....
Now i know what i have to do next few days.... lvling my second eng :)

now i need to decide wich toon

Alch / Eng or BS /Eng (both 90)

Which is better ?

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » September 2nd, 2013, 4:09 pm

Koalaslayer wrote:Another option I would strongly consider if I were in your shoes would be the possibility of merging accounts with your husband.
The biggest problem with merging accounts would be not being able to play together/at the same time.
Image Image