Share pet collecting news and advice.
Utharkruna
Top Rater
Pet Score:13432
BattleTag®:Veilingmeat#21766
Realm:Outland-eu
The Snows of Storm Peaks!

Post by Utharkruna » August 24th, 2013, 8:14 am

This has prolly been asked a few times but...

Snowing in Storm Peaks. Do we know what the frequency is like? I just need Arctic Fox Kit to finish Northrend Safari.
Wondering if its worth parking a toon up then and collecting elsewhere while I wait for the snows...

Any top tips? :)

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: The Snows of Storm Peaks!

Post by Angelwings626 » August 24th, 2013, 9:04 am

When I found out it had to be snowing I went back there with herbalists and started going around in circles. Took a little bit more than an hour for me, and it was kinda hard for me to tell it was snowing. Just find something to farm there and wait ^_^.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 24th, 2013, 1:05 pm

The least stressful way IMO is to park a toon out there and then just check back every so often, a few times a day, until you get it.

Now I actually like camping (I know most people hate it) so if you have the tolerance for it, you could just leave a toon logged in in areas frequented by fox kits (i.e. Snowdrift Plains in the NW) and then go do something else on your computer. Just make sure you look back every few minutes for tiny paws on the minimap. That has always worked best for me because I don't mind multitasking.

If you'd rather have something more "farming" related you could always check the spawn points around there for Unborn Valkyrs. And although I have no proof of this it does seem like the snow rate in Storm Peaks has gone up since 5.3, at least when I was Valkyr camping it seemed to be snowing an awful lot.

Utharkruna
Top Rater
Pet Score:13432
BattleTag®:Veilingmeat#21766
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Utharkruna » September 17th, 2013, 8:07 am

Incidentally I found loads of kits up there that day (of post) - I don't know whether Weather is bugged or Just the Fox Kits themselves on Twilights Hammer but when I popped up there shortly after my post I found Kits all over the place and not a snow flake in sight.

So if you're in Eu and struggling get this pet you might find that this behaviour still occurs.
No guarantees tho :p

Wreckingbelle
MVP
Pet Score:3985
BattleTag®:leir#1124
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Wreckingbelle » November 18th, 2013, 4:59 am

i am convinced that it never snows in storm peaks, which is ironic, considering the name.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 19th, 2013, 11:01 am

I did the alt thing. I just checked back randomly. :lol: There was a whole ton of spawns though. I got my blue in the second fox I tried.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 19th, 2013, 11:02 am

Wreckingbelle wrote:i am convinced that it never snows in storm peaks, which is ironic, considering the name.
Yeah. I was convinced there was no sandstorms either for a long time. These weather pets are so annoying.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » November 19th, 2013, 11:51 am

Took me forever to find it snowing out there and the pet once I did though lots of these pets to find when it is snowing

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » November 19th, 2013, 12:28 pm

I got lucky and a guildie was up there and found one, completing his achievement. When I saw it pop, and where he was, I made a mad dash and got an uncommon. After that battle, they all went poof :cry: but at least I had gotten one.
But, otherwise, I had an alt parked up there.. if I was really bored, I would fly around in hopes of seeing the time lost, but my luck is FAR from seeing that happen..