Forced PVP in 5.4?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us
Forced PVP in 5.4?

Post by Breehit » August 18th, 2013, 1:08 am

Will someone please clarify the "Bloody Coins" and "Censer of Eternal Agony" thing for 5.4. I read Quintessence's blog, and it sounds like people will be ganked and/or forced into PVP even if they did not flag themselves for PVP. Is this true??? Will PVE players no longer have an option to NOT do PVP??? This sounds horrifying, if it is true...I will not do the Timeless Isle things (even with the inducement of pets) if I am subjected to forced PVP. I hope it will only apply to players who have, themselves, selected the PVP quests. What is the truth of the 5.4 situation? :shock:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Forced PVP in 5.4?

Post by Quintessence » August 18th, 2013, 2:52 am

There will be one pet that can only be purchased using currency obtained through killing other players (opposite and same faction) on the Timeless Isle.

- On PVE servers, the mechanic for PVP flagging will remain the same.
- If you do not flag yourself for PVP, you will not be forced to participate in PVP.
- Those that use the Censer of Eternal Agony will be open for attacks, but they will not be able to attack anyone that doesn't have PVP enabled.

On PVP servers, anything goes (with or without the censer lol).

Hope this clarifies things! My blog post was written early on during the PTR, and was a first impression write up on the "PVP pet". There's an official Timeless Isle overview from Blizzard which includes information on the Censer of Agony.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Madsen
Pet Score:2729
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Madsen » August 18th, 2013, 2:58 am

From my experiences on the pve ptr server, it only makes you hostile to everyone. If you aren't pvp flagged you can't be attacked.

edit: too slow

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » August 18th, 2013, 10:28 am

Thanks for the replies! I am very relieved. :D

Balazaar
Pet Score:4252
BattleTag®:Balazaar#1749
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Balazaar » August 20th, 2013, 9:23 pm

I hate pvp so I will probably make a deal with someone in my guild who does pvp. They get me that pet and I'll get them a pet (or whatever they feel is fair). It's supposedly cageable.

Egnever
Top Rater
Pet Score:10768
BattleTag®:Egnever#1670
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Egnever » August 21st, 2013, 5:56 am

From what I read everyone can attack you, even your own faction.

So the answer is easy;

Guild Battle Royal!!!

you get as many people in the guild to find an out of the way spot and just attack each other until everyone has all the coins they need.

Dekafox
Pet Score:5020
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Dekafox » August 22nd, 2013, 9:03 am

Won't work unfortunately.. after you kill someone they get a 10-minute debuff and you can't get another coin from them until it's gone.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 22nd, 2013, 11:53 am

Dekafox wrote:Won't work unfortunately.. after you kill someone they get a 10-minute debuff and you can't get another coin from them until it's gone.
I'm curious about this. Does the debuff only affect the person that made the kill? Or does it prevent everyone from getting a Bloody Coin from that person for 10 minutes?

If it's the latter, then a guild event would be out of the question completely. If not, then you could still have your guild or large group of friends gather for a few hours of killing each other.

And you could technically still have one other person help you collect coins. You would only earn 5-6 coins per hour, though. You'd need to kill that person over the span of at least 17 hours to get the 100 coins necessary for the pet. It would be a tedious grind. =\
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » August 22nd, 2013, 12:38 pm

You will need some timeless coins to buy this scepter. After it you have use it and selfheal. Next you may atack (on pvp servers) anione around. If you kill target you got blood coin and target got debuff for 10 mins. For now it works like bad joke, cose guards dont atack ppl under buff, but will atack you if you try to defend yourself. Also, if in this great fight with ganker and his guards, you were killed guardian, your gear crushes and atacker doesn't resive blood coin. In some point on Isle were few more times gankers, then ppl without buff, and all who hadnt buff, had debuff. They need do something with it, or it just will not work.