Cata CE pet question(s)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darekthanius
Pet Score:1816
Realm:Turalyon-us
Cata CE pet question(s)

Post by Darekthanius » August 13th, 2013, 9:56 am

Hi all, hopefully this is the right forum... if not slap me or move it pls ;-)

I have an old Cata CE, bought it when first came out, forgot about it, and came upon it housecleaning. I have a few things I wondered about it.

1. What type of pet comes with it?
2. Is the pet an in game code, or does it only get put on when you install it (obviously WoW already installed for me.)
2a. Is the pet sellable on the AH? Tradeable before/after being redeemed?
2b. Is it "legal" ingame to sell or trade the pet.

Thanks all, never really worked with the CE before and don't wanna do anything wrong.

Ackbah
MVP
Pet Score:3209
BattleTag®:Ackbah#1648
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Cata CE pet question(s)

Post by Ackbah » August 13th, 2013, 10:17 am

You get a Lil' Deathwing pet with the CE. When you install the game code it assigns the pet to the account. The Pet is not cageable in game so it cant be sold once the code is used...however you can trade the game code before it is used. (this is done in the "Trade Section" on this site. Yes it is legal, people do it all the time. Some people want the code only and others want the code and the box and all the contents.

You say in your post "Is the pet an in game code, or does it only get put on when you install it (obviously WoW already installed for me.)" if you have already used the code fo the xpac, then the pet is already assigned. If this is an extra CE you bought then you are ok to trade it.

All that is left is deciding what it is worth to you (typically CE pets go for a decent amount and should net you a mid to high end TGC pet), and making a trade. Many people will not want to go first in a trade like this for fear of getting ripped off...the same should go for you. you give the code to someone and they log off...whatcha gonna do?

Check the trade boards and deal with someone with a good reputation here. Many of us have been at this for awhile and know each other and will vouch for the trustworthiness of each other. To date I don't remember anyone here getting burned, but theres a 1st time for everything.

GL !!

Ack )

Darekthanius
Pet Score:1816
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Darekthanius » August 13th, 2013, 10:26 am

Thanks for the quick, helpful reply. Yeah, it's an extra, sealed version of the CE so the code hasn't been used yet. I'll look around to see what it's about value-wise, thanks again.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 13th, 2013, 6:27 pm

To clarify, Blizzard is perfectly ok with you selling it for real money. They are not ok with selling it for gold, or other pets. Yes, people do this, but they shouldn't. Basically, you can trade out of game items for out of game items or currency; and you can trade in game items for in game items and currency. You cannot intermix the two.

As to its value, the Cata CE is one of the easier ones to find since they actually made enough of them. As of fairly recently (it may have changed but likely not by much), it wasn't selling for much more than retail (~$80 ) on the Amazon marketplace.