Denied a shot at the Darkmoon Rabbit

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mulot
Pet Score:3264
Realm:Ysondre-eu
Re: Denied a shot at the Darkmoon Rabbit

Post by Mulot » October 12th, 2012, 7:38 am

It may be easier for pet collectors without guild to farm gold to buy this darkmoon rabbit !

I can see it sold for 100k last week

Next darkmoon fair it will surely goes for 50k etc etc !

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 12th, 2012, 12:31 pm

Mulot wrote:It may be easier for pet collectors without guild to farm gold to buy this darkmoon rabbit !

I can see it sold for 100k last week

Next darkmoon fair it will surely goes for 50k etc etc !
I don't see the price of this pet ever decreasing unless Blizzard changes how it is obtained. There's a lot of runs on the Rabbit at the moment, but most of these are not the result of people wanting the pet. The majority is the result of the Achievement, and once it is earned many will have no reason to down Fluffy Doom again. This will actually decrease the quantity of this pet on the market over time. I believe the price will actually increase in the coming months as demand remains roughly the same while supply dwindles.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » October 12th, 2012, 3:58 pm

I'm sorry that you have had to deal with so many jerks. Of course, after reading this, I'm wondering about my good fortune.

I didn't feel my luck was up to competing for the bunny, nor did I want to form my own raid and master loot it to myself (and apparently, that's been done too) since I wouldn't find it fair to everyone else that assisted. I posted on my server forums that I wanted to trade for one (I have some TCG pets and other stuff). I even sent mail to the person that had it posted on Lothar's AH for 150k. I got a message asking me if I was still interested, and I bought the bunny for 30k plus a Rocket Chicken and an Azure whelpling from a level 4 monk who apparently had no other toons on my server.

I was a bit paranoid about it being duped (assuming duping does exist, and the dupers got hold of a bunny), but now I'm wondering if someone got it through bad means on another server and learned it then caged it to sell to me.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » October 12th, 2012, 4:15 pm

Sorry you had a bad experience - the best and worst part of MMOs are certainly the other people. While I'm amused at the Monty Python reference, I'm not happy about how Blizzard chose to implement a mini-pet drop as a once-per kill limited availability world boss. It really goes against the grain of how most pets are available, and how many pet collectors play the game. I'll get it eventually, but I'm in no hurry.

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 12th, 2012, 4:18 pm

Tiggindy wrote:. . . but now I'm wondering if someone got it through bad means on another server and learned it then caged it to sell to me.
It is possible, but it's not worth considering. Even if the pet were obtained in a less-than honest manner, there's really no way to find out or confirm that such is the case. Just consider yourself fortunate that you obtained the pet and enjoy your new Doombringer. You payed a fair price for it, so to speak, so you have no reason to feel any guilt.

Shaixne
Top Rater
Pet Score:10900
BattleTag®:Lanisaz#2590
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Shaixne » October 17th, 2012, 8:40 am

First of all, I feel very sorry for any collector that has to go through so much grief for one attempt at the fluffy doom. It is horrid luck and I really hope it will turn for you and others so that you can one day acquire it.
Personally I've had nothing but heartache from trying to get this pet myself. I've come over to stare at the cave a number of times only to find it empty and littered with skeletons, and the one time a guildy announced that it was there, it was a whole carousel of its own.
I freaked out, of course and frantically asked for an invite. Upon receiving one I immediately spammed my friend list for more people to join us and even hooked up people from trade when the number was too low. So all gathered, we prepped up and quickly engaged it.
Now, during all this, my guildy who, sensing my froth and frantic behavior over this fluffy doom, gave me leader. I then proceeded to ask the raid to please remember me, whomever might win it. I was offering them payment for it, as much as I could give them which at the time was only 10 k. I'm a casual player, I don't mess with the AH as much as I perhaps should, so my wallet isn't too impressive. But in any case, pleaded. It was won by another player ofc and I whisper her, asking if she'd be willing to part with it.

As you can probably guess it, she didn't want to trade it. She even said she was a collector, so I gave up. As it turns out later after an armory check, she barely had above 100 pets. At which I couldn't help but feel worse. I love collectors. But to say you are an avid collector and it turns out you've just started, well it's a little bitter I guess. I've only just started digging myself into MoP myself with well over the 170 mark before the expansion hit, so I have a lot of wild pets to collect still. But oh well.
Just have to keep our heads high and try again and again. One day we'll get it. This fluffy doom.

Not a particularly happy post and I apologize, but I guess I just needed to vent a little myself. x_o

Take care all. <3

Faela
MVP
Pet Score:2774

Post by Faela » October 17th, 2012, 9:20 am

Shaixne wrote:As you can probably guess it, she didn't want to trade it. She even said she was a collector, so I gave up. As it turns out later after an armory check, she barely had above 100 pets. At which I couldn't help but feel worse. I love collectors. But to say you are an avid collector and it turns out you've just started, well it's a little bitter I guess.
I'm sorry that you didn't win, but you're being very unfair here. She was under no obligation to trade it to you! 100 pets or 1 pet, if she wanted to learn it herself then she was completely entitled to. She's not less deserving of it just because you have more pets.

Shaixne
Top Rater
Pet Score:10900
BattleTag®:Lanisaz#2590

Post by Shaixne » October 17th, 2012, 9:32 am

Faela wrote:
Shaixne wrote:As you can probably guess it, she didn't want to trade it. She even said she was a collector, so I gave up. As it turns out later after an armory check, she barely had above 100 pets. At which I couldn't help but feel worse. I love collectors. But to say you are an avid collector and it turns out you've just started, well it's a little bitter I guess.
I'm sorry that you didn't win, but you're being very unfair here. She was under no obligation to trade it to you! 100 pets or 1 pet, if she wanted to learn it herself then she was completely entitled to. She's not less deserving of it just because you have more pets.

I'm sorry it came across more bitter and unjust than intended, and I feel you are right :) It's merely the black feeling of "unjustice" one may get when something you want very badly, turns sour or undone. I am certain more people would share that feeling in the same situation. But that doesn't mean that it lingers, because I sure don't feel the same way about it anymore f.ex. But at the time? Certainly did cause a rage within me. *laughs* So please do not take my words too literally. It was merely a venting :)