Darkmoon Rabbit question

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shaso
Pet Score:4094
Realm:Area 52-us
Darkmoon Rabbit question

Post by Shaso » August 11th, 2013, 12:56 am

Been a member for quite a while, but mostly to check and manage my collection, never posted before I don't think so here goes >_<

I have been wanting and wanting and wanting the Darkmoon Rabbit ever since it was announced and could just never get my hands on one, though I got close a couple of times (it only made it worse and more disappointing when I couldn't get one).

On my server, I was checking the auction house for them as I often do... There are usually 4 or 5 posted up with the only S/S one being 85k buyout. They are all caged and you can view their stats, but tonight I saw the epic item posted straight from the rabbit for 35k gold. I figure since it comes in 1 of 3 breeds, I had a decent shot at getting the S/S breed which I desperately want, but if nothing else at least i'd have this wonderful pet that i've wanted for ages.

So I bought it, and learned it, and unfortunately I got the crappy B/B breed. I was devastated such an impulse buy and gamble didn't pay off, but at least now I have the thing... Though I might regret it in the morning.

So here is my question. I have heard people say when you use those flawless marked battle stones or whatever they are called, the generic ones, on your pets that it will randomize their breed. So is it possible I could use one on my rabbit, even though it's already rare quality, in an attempt to get the S/S breed? And does it still randomize their breed or was that a bug that was fixed or what? Any info would be helpful. :) I want that S/S rabbit so bad!

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: Darkmoon Rabbit question

Post by Graven » August 11th, 2013, 4:41 am

This is an interesting question, which I can't answer unfortunately. It would be interesting to know if it works though; a few k spent on flawless stones would certainly be worthwhile if they could turn your 35k B/B into an 85k S/S. ;)

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » August 11th, 2013, 5:24 am

I have never heard of this... I doubt the stone would even work on something that's already rare though. I suppose just try and see but don't get your hopes up ;)

Demort
Pet Score:8624
BattleTag®:Warmouse#2262
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Demort » August 11th, 2013, 10:01 am

I think the reason the rumour about changing breed was because some early breed addons looked at the stats and returned the closest matching breed - not a perfect science at low levels. Upgrading to rare would create a wider range between breeds, and so the breed type would change.

TL;DR I think it was a bug in breed addon/s.

Shaso

Post by Shaso » August 11th, 2013, 1:28 pm

Demort wrote:I think the reason the rumour about changing breed was because some early breed addons looked at the stats and returned the closest matching breed - not a perfect science at low levels. Upgrading to rare would create a wider range between breeds, and so the breed type would change.

TL;DR I think it was a bug in breed addon/s.
Oh :(

Well that is depressing. I guess i'll never get a S/S breed rabbit...

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » August 15th, 2013, 4:11 am

Don't worry, I dudded out on a Darkmoon Bunny too (B/B) but I look at this way:

- I have a bunny! yay!
- I no longer feel the pressure of stalking bunnies and so can look for a reasonable priced S/S at my leisure.
- If I get one, I can sell the B/B to recoup costs.

It's only people like us that care about breeds. I think 90%+ of collectors don't know and don't care (going on the conversations I have with people, they usually end up with something like 'there's different breeds?!')

:)

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » August 15th, 2013, 5:49 am

Another thing you can try is trading the B/B + another pet like a common TCG (Landro's, Nightsaber Cub, etc) for a S/S rabbit (most people here typically value the S/S around 5k-10k more than the other breeds). If you look in the trade section that trade has happened quite a lot so it's not to far fetched for you to easily get the S/S. Good luck and grats on at least getting one at a decent price :)

Oh and the whole changing breeds thing if my memory serves me right, was just a bug for the first couple of weeks that the stones where out but Blizz fixed it pretty fast.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 15th, 2013, 8:03 am

Aislinge wrote: - I have a bunny! yay!
Yup. There are plenty of S/S bunnies out there. Just nice to have the Darkmoon Rabbit in ANY breed.

Shaso

Post by Shaso » August 21st, 2013, 3:07 am

I agree, I was very, very happy to finally get a rabbit. I never wanted to pay so much gold for one and hoped to just luck out and win one after killing the DMR, but after losing the roll so many times, then finally the very last time me and another guy both tied at 98 and he won it, I didn't, I just couldn't take it anymore. When I checked AH and saw that unclaimed one, I just had to go for it.

Funny enough, I did end up trading around with it. I swapped the B/B for a H/S, then swapped that one finally for a S/S. I was very happy, now I have my S/S rabbit i've always wanted. I still hate having spent that much gold, but at the end of the day, i'm glad I did. :)

Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Slab » August 21st, 2013, 8:07 am

Be happy you even found one for that price; they were insane before and CRZ has made it even harder to try to get one. I'd take the B/B one right now; the cheapest I've seen is 65k and I don't have that =/. The Darkmoon Rabbit has single handedly (paw-edly?) driven me to review the gold making guides out there :p