Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Post by Quintessence » July 25th, 2013, 7:11 pm

Game designer, Dave Maldonado, Tweeted this image of the Macabre Marionette tagged as a true pet! I'm hoping so hard that we'll finally be able to add this little skeleton to our collections this year during Day of the Dead. XD
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Post by Gilneas » July 25th, 2013, 7:39 pm

The Crystalsong tamer will no longer taunt us.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » July 25th, 2013, 10:19 pm

It would be sweet (and about time! :P ), he is pretty cool looking, and would be more than welcome in my collection :)

Post by Guest » July 25th, 2013, 10:43 pm

During last year's DOTD I was planning to make an alt, get the pet, then not log in until the Macabre became a proper pet. I sadly forgot to do that. :( I wonder if it would have worked...

Nomadking
Top Rater
Pet Score:13512
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Nomadking » July 26th, 2013, 7:34 am

About damn time! :) :) :)

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » July 26th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Wamo wrote:During last year's DOTD I was planning to make an alt, get the pet, then not log in until the Macabre became a proper pet. I sadly forgot to do that. :( I wonder if it would have worked...
Almost positive that the real pet would be its own item.
If that comforts you a little. ^^

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » July 26th, 2013, 5:18 pm

ooooooo this would be greeeaaaat! soo many people will be happy!

honestly, i hope they make it an interesting way to get it, kinda like the creepy crate,

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 26th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Considering you already get it from Day of the Dead, id hazard a guess that they upgrade it to battle pet status.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 26th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Luciandk wrote:Considering you already get it from Day of the Dead, id hazard a guess that they upgrade it to battle pet status.
My only fear with this is that the Day of the Dead quest will bug out again, as it's done a few times in previous years. Before, if you completed it one year, you couldn't complete it again the next. Sure, they can reset the quest, but the event is so short that it's possible that it doesn't get reset in time or people still miss out.

I think that happened at least twice iirc? I know I wrote about it on my blog more than once since I was pretty disappointed I couldn't hang out with a temporary skellie buddy heh.

Since the holiday is only three days (and if the Day of the Dead event is actually where we'll get the pet), I hope that the pet is cageable and the quest can be completed on different toons. That way people who miss out will have the chance to buy one off the AH at a not too outrageous price.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » July 27th, 2013, 12:39 am

Quintessence wrote:
Luciandk wrote:Considering you already get it from Day of the Dead, id hazard a guess that they upgrade it to battle pet status.
My only fear with this is that the Day of the Dead quest will bug out again, as it's done a few times in previous years. Before, if you completed it one year, you couldn't complete it again the next. Sure, they can reset the quest, but the event is so short that it's possible that it doesn't get reset in time or people still miss out.

I think that happened at least twice iirc? I know I wrote about it on my blog more than once since I was pretty disappointed I couldn't hang out with a temporary skellie buddy heh.

Since the holiday is only three days (and if the Day of the Dead event is actually where we'll get the pet), I hope that the pet is cageable and the quest can be completed on different toons. That way people who miss out will have the chance to buy one off the AH at a not too outrageous price.
I would hope if they are changing the reward (which an actual pet version would probably be a different reward) that they'd remember to reset the quest (vs. not doing anything with the holiday at all and forgetting). We'll see I guess.

Rhapture
MVP
Pet Score:9806
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Rhapture » July 27th, 2013, 9:29 am

I am soooo excited about this!!! I also really hope it is not buggy and we are all able to take this little one home :D

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » July 27th, 2013, 10:56 am

Woohoo!! I had been hoping for this since I saw him in the pet journal when it first came out :D

Ackbah
MVP
Pet Score:3209
BattleTag®:Ackbah#1648
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Ackbah » July 27th, 2013, 3:29 pm

They should make noggenfogger elixer usable on pets...imagine the possibilities!!

Lil boney buddies of every type...

Ack )