My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5156
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Quintessence » July 25th, 2013, 7:11 pm

Game designer, Dave Maldonado, Tweeted this image of the Macabre Marionette tagged as a true pet! I'm hoping so hard that we'll finally be able to add this little skeleton to our collections this year during Day of the Dead. XD
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
Gilneas
Top Rater
 
Posts: 427
Joined: May 11th, 2008
Pet Score: 5059
Realm: Kargath-US

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Gilneas » July 25th, 2013, 7:39 pm

The Crystalsong tamer will no longer taunt us.

User avatar
Domie
Top Rater
 
Posts: 245
Joined: April 15th, 2009
Pet Score: 4810
BattleTag®: Domie#2293
Realm: Kazzak-EU

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Domie » July 25th, 2013, 10:19 pm

It would be sweet (and about time! :P ), he is pretty cool looking, and would be more than welcome in my collection :)

User avatar
Wamo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 112
Joined: August 8th, 2008
Pet Score: 2045
Realm: Moon Guard-US

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Wamo » July 25th, 2013, 10:43 pm

During last year's DOTD I was planning to make an alt, get the pet, then not log in until the Macabre became a proper pet. I sadly forgot to do that. :( I wonder if it would have worked...

User avatar
Nomadking
Top Rater
 
Posts: 31
Joined: January 22nd, 2012
Pet Score: 4394
Realm: Hellscream-EU

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Nomadking » July 26th, 2013, 7:34 am

About damn time! :) :) :)

User avatar
Casca
Top Rater
 
Posts: 191
Joined: April 12th, 2008
Pet Score: 4449
BattleTag®: Chiba#2767
Realm: Outland-EU

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Casca » July 26th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Wamo wrote:During last year's DOTD I was planning to make an alt, get the pet, then not log in until the Macabre became a proper pet. I sadly forgot to do that. :( I wonder if it would have worked...


Almost positive that the real pet would be its own item.
If that comforts you a little. ^^

User avatar
Aerozia
 
Posts: 128
Joined: April 26th, 2011
Pet Score: 3717
BattleTag®: Aerozia#1505
Realm: Skullcrusher-US

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Aerozia » July 26th, 2013, 5:18 pm

ooooooo this would be greeeaaaat! soo many people will be happy!

honestly, i hope they make it an interesting way to get it, kinda like the creepy crate,

User avatar
Luciandk
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: February 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 3576
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Luciandk » July 26th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Considering you already get it from Day of the Dead, id hazard a guess that they upgrade it to battle pet status.

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5156
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Quintessence » July 26th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Luciandk wrote:Considering you already get it from Day of the Dead, id hazard a guess that they upgrade it to battle pet status.


My only fear with this is that the Day of the Dead quest will bug out again, as it's done a few times in previous years. Before, if you completed it one year, you couldn't complete it again the next. Sure, they can reset the quest, but the event is so short that it's possible that it doesn't get reset in time or people still miss out.

I think that happened at least twice iirc? I know I wrote about it on my blog more than once since I was pretty disappointed I couldn't hang out with a temporary skellie buddy heh.

Since the holiday is only three days (and if the Day of the Dead event is actually where we'll get the pet), I hope that the pet is cageable and the quest can be completed on different toons. That way people who miss out will have the chance to buy one off the AH at a not too outrageous price.
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
Warlock
Top Rater
 
Posts: 39
Joined: July 23rd, 2008
Pet Score: 4433
Realm: Bloodhoof-US

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Warlock » July 27th, 2013, 12:39 am

Quintessence wrote:
Luciandk wrote:Considering you already get it from Day of the Dead, id hazard a guess that they upgrade it to battle pet status.


My only fear with this is that the Day of the Dead quest will bug out again, as it's done a few times in previous years. Before, if you completed it one year, you couldn't complete it again the next. Sure, they can reset the quest, but the event is so short that it's possible that it doesn't get reset in time or people still miss out.

I think that happened at least twice iirc? I know I wrote about it on my blog more than once since I was pretty disappointed I couldn't hang out with a temporary skellie buddy heh.

Since the holiday is only three days (and if the Day of the Dead event is actually where we'll get the pet), I hope that the pet is cageable and the quest can be completed on different toons. That way people who miss out will have the chance to buy one off the AH at a not too outrageous price.


I would hope if they are changing the reward (which an actual pet version would probably be a different reward) that they'd remember to reset the quest (vs. not doing anything with the holiday at all and forgetting). We'll see I guess.

User avatar
Rhapture
MVP
 
Posts: 19
Joined: August 17th, 2008
Pet Score: 5138
Realm: Stormrage-US

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Rhapture » July 27th, 2013, 9:29 am

I am soooo excited about this!!! I also really hope it is not buggy and we are all able to take this little one home :D

User avatar
Khorah
 
Posts: 181
Joined: January 16th, 2009
Pet Score: 4822
BattleTag®: Khorah#1833
Realm: Medivh-US

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Khorah » July 27th, 2013, 10:56 am

Woohoo!! I had been hoping for this since I saw him in the pet journal when it first came out :D
Image

User avatar
Ackbah
MVP
 
Posts: 184
Joined: May 2nd, 2012
Pet Score: 3209
BattleTag®: Ackbah#1648
Realm: Hellscream-US

Re: Macabre Marionette Pet (coming soon?)

Postby Ackbah » July 27th, 2013, 3:29 pm

They should make noggenfogger elixer usable on pets...imagine the possibilities!!

Lil boney buddies of every type...

Ack )


Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests