Pet Collectors Equality

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us
Re: Pet Collectors Equality

Post by Drrum » July 20th, 2013, 4:22 pm

What we need is an America-only murloc (nekkid please). Maybe a color-changer that summons in a variety of color combinations to represent the various nations of the Americas. That would make up a little bit for some of the extra and awesome pets we'll never see.

Zyl
Top Rater
Pet Score:7916
Realm:Agamaggan-us

Post by Zyl » July 20th, 2013, 4:24 pm

Drrum wrote:What we need is an America-only murloc (nekkid please). Maybe a color-changer that summons in a variety of color combinations to represent the various nations of the Americas. That would make up a little bit for some of the extra and awesome pets we'll never see.
^This, pretty much. The only thing I've ever seen of a murloc in my possession is the white stuffed animal one that a guildie/friend of mine bought for me when he went to Blizzcon in 2009.

Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Drrum » July 20th, 2013, 4:25 pm

I just really want a nekkid murloc. I have plenty of murlocs that don't really even look like murlocs.

Zyl
Top Rater

Post by Zyl » July 20th, 2013, 4:28 pm

You gotta admit, Deathy is pretty cute barring the not so traditional murloc skin.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » July 20th, 2013, 5:02 pm

Sindrii wrote:Lurky was NOT a promotional pet, it was from the Burning Crusade Collector's Edition due to a glitch which did not allow EU members to receive the intended pet which was the "Nether Whelp".... The US has ZERO promotional pets, the one we did have was made into a vendor pet. This thread wasn't created for you to say I don't care... because clearly you do since you continue to respond. The purpose was to identify Regional Pets and to discuss possible ways to offer them to other regions so that pet collectors no matter what region they are in can obtain those pets.
The fact that it isn't technically a promotional pet has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.

I'm sorry that you don't like my opinion, and that you have nothing valid to say in response to it.

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 20th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Sindrii wrote:I'm sorry you clearly don't understand the reasoning behind this post at all, and my response about Lurky has everything to do with your post because it isn't a promotional pet... it is attached to the BC CE license...Your opinion was stated as not caring yet you continue to reply. So obviously you do care... and no I did not state anything about you saying "screw the US"
I've rarely seen someone be so wrong in so few words.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 20th, 2013, 7:07 pm

This topic is somewhat of a sensitive one, so opinions clashing is bound to happen. Even so, let's try to keep this discussion friendly and remember that we're all just very passionate about what we enjoy, pets!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » July 20th, 2013, 7:45 pm

I would really like to see a spectral murloc, or sha murloc. Those would be cool, area specific or not!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » July 20th, 2013, 7:56 pm

EU Collector here with none of the aforementioned pets. Every time I see this subject come up, it seems to revolve around US collectors clamouring for a Murloc pet, usually a universal one, or one they'd be automatically entitled to (e.g. grandfathered to a CE they already have).

I think they should make Gurky available on US servers, same criteria as the EU one, same rarity (0.2% of collectors, compared to 0.7% with Murky). Then the US can spend a christmas writing short stories, webcomics, taking photos etc. hand a few thousand Gurkys out, then we'll hear no more of this, right?

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » July 20th, 2013, 10:29 pm

@Jadex,

I just want to pinch your lil cheeklets! I love a good pot stirring. ;)

But, try to understand it sucks to be left out. *pout*

I feel the same about the class specific mounts. (Pally, Lock, Dk) Since there is nothing we can do about it, please allow us a post to spill our sour grapes with one another. Don't drink the "whine" if you prefer not, but allow us to.

Zyl
Top Rater

Post by Zyl » July 20th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with a murloc in general, it has to do with some of the population feeling like we get the short end of the stick on cooler pets and lose out to other countries and their "specials", when Blizzard was primarily a US company.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » July 20th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Blizzard is really a very racist company. these pets are evidenced by that. they openly and wrongly descriminate against america, we have NOTHING special. i wouldn't be upset about these pets if they would come out with America ONLY pets, so that all the other countries that blizz seems to love so much more can sit there and stew that there are some awesome pets that they arnt allowed to have.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 21st, 2013, 1:00 am

Aerozia wrote:Blizzard is really a very racist company. these pets are evidenced by that. they openly and wrongly descriminate against america, we have NOTHING special. i wouldn't be upset about these pets if they would come out with America ONLY pets, so that all the other countries that blizz seems to love so much more can sit there and stew that there are some awesome pets that they arnt allowed to have.
I wouldn't call not releasing any American-exclusive pets "being racist". To me, it just seems like business/marketing strategy. Since other regions are so far away from direct access to Blizzard HQ itself, Blizzcon, and other misc Blizzard events, I think it makes sense to incentivise the sale of their game by adding on unique/extra bonuses. It's like saying, 'Hey, even if we don't have close contact, we like and appreciate the fans in your country too. Here's some neat stuff!'

If Blizzard HQ and most Blizzard events were stationed outside of America, I'm sure we'd see American-exclusive pets too.

That being said, there's always the option to open up the availability of those bonuses to other regions as well. But that's entirely up to them. :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 21st, 2013, 4:19 am

Aerozia wrote:Blizzard is really a very racist company. these pets are evidenced by that. they openly and wrongly descriminate against america, we have NOTHING special. i wouldn't be upset about these pets if they would come out with America ONLY pets, so that all the other countries that blizz seems to love so much more can sit there and stew that there are some awesome pets that they arnt allowed to have.
The EU doesn't exactly have much love either really, (TBC CE aside) most of the good stuff was given out in the far east :(
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 21st, 2013, 8:54 am

I've seen more Mini Tyraels out in the game than I have Lurkys, anywho.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » July 21st, 2013, 10:36 pm

I wouldn't call not releasing any American-exclusive pets "being racist". To me, it just seems like business/marketing strategy. Since other regions are so far away from direct access to Blizzard HQ itself, Blizzcon, and other misc Blizzard events, I think it makes sense to incentivise the sale of their game by adding on unique/extra bonuses. It's like saying, 'Hey, even if we don't have close contact, we like and appreciate the fans in your country too. Here's some neat stuff!'

If Blizzard HQ and most Blizzard events were stationed outside of America, I'm sure we'd see American-exclusive pets too.

That being said, there's always the option to open up the availability of those bonuses to other regions as well. But that's entirely up to them. :P
I live on the other side of the country, really far from blizzcon, i dont see any benefit for me by having blizzcon in california, why dont i get something special because i can't go?
its the same as with other "far away" countries, why dont they go to blizzcon? because its far away and costs an arm and a leg.

blizz just needs to stop being pricks and move blizzcon around! i'd go to indianapolis, toledo, lansing, heck, MAYBE tampa, just not LA.

they really just need to give us something, or make these pets availible to us too. the other countries can go shove it and enjoy that they had them first.

Velgana
Top Rater
Pet Score:10666
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Velgana » July 22nd, 2013, 2:01 am

Drrum wrote:What we need is an America-only murloc (nekkid please). Maybe a color-changer that summons in a variety of color combinations to represent the various nations of the Americas. That would make up a little bit for some of the extra and awesome pets we'll never see.
I have to agree with this 100%! If I had to pick just one pet for them to give us, it would definitely be a "neekid" murloc, hehe.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » July 22nd, 2013, 11:58 am

It seems like quite a few people think that just releasing a US only pet would fix this "problem", but what about europeans that didnt play when tbc CE was released, or asians that didnt play when their diffrent promotions were live.

Releasing more region specific pets will just make things more "unfair" than anything, assuming they dont release some for each region, that are unique all around.

If it is a concern to them that some regions have more or less pets than others, the only right way (imo) to fix it, is releasing those specifics to other regions. But i dont really think they see at as an issue, and neither do i :)