Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us
Re: Pet Collectors Equality

Post by Ravnhawk » July 22nd, 2013, 1:19 pm

Well it looks like my original reply didn't get saved properly. Oh well here are my thoughts.

I thought Sindrii's post to be a VERY creative and fun way to address an issue that many of us feel important. I would love to have ALL of the regional pets and it does seem that Blizz has specifically left the US out of the regional specific ones, for what ever reason they had/have to continue doing it. I too have the CE for Burning Crusade and don't have the Lurky pet others got simply due to the fact I don't live in that area.

I hope BLizz can find a way to make the regional pets available to everyone. When they started this, Pet Battles and Pet Collecting were not the big part of the game they are now. So it really didn't matter as much if you could/or could not get it based on where you lived. The quest to collect them all is something that MANY of us feel the need to do... get as many or all of them that we can. So many of us would like a way to collect the regional ones. I personally really enjoyed reading Sindrii's ideas and would really like to hear of other peoples ideas for Blizzard re-releasing the regional ones.

Will Blizzard ever re-release them? Who knows but if these creative ideas get into Blizzards hands somehow .... who knows they might just implement them at some point in the future.

I really liked the idea of making some of the panther pets JC pets where 4 of them are needed to craft the 4th.

I am never fond of the "nananananana I have this and you don't attitude... but then I am more likely to give someone a pet they need then to flaunt that I have one and they don't.

I will never get the Vampire Batling or the Baby Blizzard bear because I wasn't playing at that time. I am sure I will always want them and I am ok without having them, (doesn't mean I don't want them) but regional pets seem to be a different kettle of fish in peoples minds.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » July 22nd, 2013, 1:47 pm

Ravnhawk wrote:I am never fond of the "nananananana I have this and you don't attitude... but then I am more likely to give someone a pet they need then to flaunt that I have one and they don't.
Are you suggesting that someone has posted displaying that attitude?

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » July 23rd, 2013, 12:23 am

Not at all. Not sure why you took it that way....

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 23rd, 2013, 7:14 am

Ravnhawk wrote:Not at all. Not sure why you took it that way....
Seems odd to bring it up if not.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » July 24th, 2013, 5:09 am

The meanest thing about these pets is I have access to most of them on the PTR, where they mock me with their awesomeness.

In one respect, Blizzard can make a killing by putting these in the store, or in a future TCG set or whatever way they decide to implement them. I'll buy them or trade for them. If they are never available to me, I'm okay with that too. I get my enjoyment out of my $15 a month. Everything after that is gravy!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 24th, 2013, 8:19 am

Doobjanka wrote:The meanest thing about these pets is I have access to most of them on the PTR, where they mock me with their awesomeness.
Yeah? I was given a Mini Tyrael on the PTR this time around.
That's mean xD

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » July 24th, 2013, 9:07 am

Domie wrote:But i dont really think they see at as an issue
Ah, but they do:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4582