possible Spectral Tiger Cub dupes?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Xeonx
Pet Score:3786
Realm:Drak'thul-us
Re: possible Spectral Tiger Cub dupes?

Post by Xeonx » August 18th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Recent Sellers - Breed #8 P/S
The following sellers have been the most active in posting auctions for [Spectral Tiger Cub] Breed #8 P/S in the past 96 hours:

Luisevuitton: 7 auctions.
Sengirax: 7 auctions.
Krimsungorog: 4 auctions.
Voodoobeanz: 4 auctions.
Kevorkían: 3 auctions.
On AH alone, 25 sold over the last 4 days on Illidan... yeah, I'd say that's not normal.

Smokes
Pet Score:2626
BattleTag®:Smokes#1457
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Smokes » August 18th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Just because they have had that many auctions does not mean they sold. The undermine journal only tracks listings, not sales. Not to say those numbers are not really high, because they are.

Hoddie
Pet Score:3577
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Hoddie » August 18th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Kingseamus wrote:I know the official response is "they're are no dupe's" HOWEVER logic and about 2 seconds of research suggests otherwise.

If you are a person on a low pop server, make an alt on Illidan- horde side. You may be able to find a seller who is willing to trade you a pet on your main server.
(your gold on your home server from their account bound book)

I was looking for pets on illidan as suggested for finding rares when I came across a 90 selling pets there who said they would sell to me on my home server.
I wasn't surprised about the low price because their AH had TONS of rare pets and they were all a fraction of the cost on my server.
The person spoke english fine, When we got to my server the toon was guilded, but it was a level 1.
He sold me the pet for 59k-
He then asked if I wanted another- I didn't- and I was surprised he had 2, but figured he was an AH mogul who was flipping items. And Illidan had almost EVERY single rare TCG and In-game pet on the AH in multiples, ones i've never seen in game period were stacked on the AH, so I wasn't taken back by 2 cubs.

A fellow pet collector bought the other one and that was it.
A few days later the guy came back and said he had more for sale- I didn't buy any but a friend had the funds to buy one more to re-sell it.
That was the first time the "level 6" came up. I did notice on mine, but when she said hers from the other day was level 6, and now this one.. I knew something wasn't right.
Its then I should have looked on the web, but It wasn't some big concern- the guy was gone again and there was only a single cub on the AH.
Fast forward 2 weeks (today)- I log on to a whisper of "I bought 4 more" and they had gotten them for less than last time.
I asked immediately if they were all level 6? The answer was yes..

We talked about it for a moment, and how there is the new TCG "god packs" and people could be weighing the booster boxes to cherry pick.. but even if that was the case, 6 in 2 weeks on my low population server, and you lowered the price? No way..

A quick google of "spectral cub level 6" confirmed it.

I was on most the day, at various times I saw- "I just bought 10" an hour later "I got 3" and so on.

A look at the undermine journals item history also show almost no quantity before July, and today its almost 100. The market price was valued at 300k, but their posted on realms all over for 50-70k

There is an obvious exploit happening, period.
Blizzard have been in complete and utter denial about the extent of cheating within WoW since mid Wrath. At least - I should say - publically, which is to be expected I suppose. I can't say whether or not these cubs are dupes, but I know with 100% certainty that there are several duping exploits, some of which have existed since vanilla, and still haven't been fixed. The wrapping paper dupe was only fixed in Cata, and still persisted into MoP in some cases.

Bots, hacks and exploits have put a lot of people off this game. They've actively induced people into 'collecting' within WoW, something's that always existed to a certain extent as this very site attests to, but they're pushing it now more than ever. It's a game within a game. There's nothing that undermines somebody's sense of achievement more quickly than when they realise they're playing on an uneven field. Blizzard need to get to grips with this, especially if they're turning to a micro-transaction business model - why would somebody pay if they can have it duped for free/less?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 18th, 2013, 6:47 pm

They really aren't going to tell us if something is going on, or what they might do to correct it. They keep all of that to themselves (for I hope obvious reasons).