Best way to get those final difficult pets?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Irongate
Pet Score:3045
BattleTag®:runNEOrun#1353
Realm:Silvermoon-us
Best way to get those final difficult pets?

Post by Irongate » July 9th, 2013, 8:47 am

I'm at a point in my pet collecting that I have all wild pets and only need the following:

Trading Card Game:
* Bananas
* Dragon Kite
* Ethereal Soul-Trader
* Hippogryph Hatchling
* Rocket Chicken
* Spectral Tiger Cub
* Tuskarr Kite

Pet Store:
* Gryphon Hatchling
* Wind Rider Cub

Others:
* Ji-Kun Hatchling
* Viscous Horror

Collectors Editions:
* ALL

Considering I hardly ever see any of the TCG pets on my realm (Silvermoon-US), what's my best chance of getting any of these pets? I assume a realm transfer is an option. On the other hand, I'm not rolling in gold so should I start to work up to being gold capped in order to purchase these? All suggestions are appreciated!

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Best way to get those final difficult pets?

Post by Ebil » July 9th, 2013, 11:49 am

Gold is going to be the biggest issue with those last few pets. I have not seen a soul-trade for less then 100k on my server and other pets for less then 10k/ 25k.

I would start working on the gold part first. With the new additions like the virtual AH that could give you a better chance at seeing tcg pets and being able to use runes for an extra roll for pets in LFR you may be able to farm up your own pets as well.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » July 9th, 2013, 12:04 pm

A good source of money is farming some rare pets, cage them and sell them on a realm that has your desired pet. For example the Filthling is fairly easy to catch but sells for quite a lot.
I catched 2 of these on Earthen Ring, caged them, made a low level character on Argent Dawn and sold them for 5k each and used the gold to buy a Son of Animus; A pet that was unavailable on Earthen Ring.
My advice is to check undermine journal closely or make a few characters on high-pop realms to check out their AH.

Irongate
Pet Score:3045
BattleTag®:runNEOrun#1353
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Irongate » July 9th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Thanks for the advice about rolling toons on other realms as well as undermine. As for rolling toons, do you make a horde and alliance on those realms? Thanks again!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 9th, 2013, 12:33 pm

You don't need gold cap but you will need some disposable gold. Once you have some to spend you can either buy pets on your realm (remember to check BMAH as some TCG pets will show up there) and then send them through your account to another realm to sell, or buy pets on your realm and trade with people on this forum. Something like Ji-kun you should be able to trade for easily.

The new virtual AH coming soon might change the need to transfer gold around via pets, but trading is always the best bet for the rarer pets.

Oh, and as far as horde or alli or both, I only roll toons where I plan to be "shopping" - Illidan horde is super popular and has been a good place to earn gold, because it's valued by other traders on this forum. I had pre-existing toons on a few other realms too so I stuck with whatever faction they were already on.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » July 9th, 2013, 1:22 pm

1. create a character on Illidian - horde. in my opinion, it has the busiest AH for TCG pets. multiple copies of them are almost always there, and occassionally there is some good competition so prices drop. The rare drops from TOT are very cheap there, you can probably get Ji-rin for like 4k.

2. Farm your own realm for stuff like Fithling, Direhorn Runt (with spectral porcp) and stuff like that. Also be sure to transfer all your extra spirits and panda bears to Illidian to sell ( even if they sell their for cheaper than your own AH)

3. BMAH On your own realm, if it is low population, you can probably win TCG pets for cheaper than they sell on Illidian. Even the more minor ones are a great way to transfer gold to Illidian. I won a rocket chicken on my server for 40k, sold it on Illidian for 70k, then bought about 7 other TCG pets(all the cheap ones) along with the 4 fish and a bunch of other hard to get pets that I didn´t want to farm for. I don´t think I have ever seen a single TCG pet on my own AH, not even the ones like the grell, so getting them would be impossible otherwise.

I am at a very similar place as you, mostly I just need the big 5 TCG pets ( spec tiger, trader, dragon kite, rocket chick, tuskar kite). I have gradually been accumulating gold on Illidian mainly with pandas and spirits and the occassional Argent tourny pet from LFG-satchels.

Once you get into it, you can make a lot of gold on your main realm by buying the TOT rare drops. On Illidian, they sell for 1-3k for most of them.. on my own realm, they easily sell for 5-10k. I am not sure how much this will change in 5.4