Share pet collecting news and advice.
Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us
Pet breeding speculation

Post by Saasan » July 8th, 2013, 4:53 pm

I've been wondering about male/female pet breeds and what that may eventually mean for breeding pets. Has anyone else given thought to what this might mean for the future pets? Breeding for rares, getting new breed possibilities, pets getting moves of both mom and dad... Let the speculation fly!

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Re: Pet breeding speculation

Post by Jadax » July 8th, 2013, 5:46 pm

I don't really see the point in speculating so wildly. We have literally nothing to go on, save the fact that battle pets have a gender.
The most we can say is that battle pets may be "breedable" at some point in the future.

However, if you want to, there are plenty of "monster" games that have breeding systems to draw from. I don't expect to see anything original.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » July 9th, 2013, 12:50 am

Breedable pets (not monsters) are a popular product in MMOs such as Second Life (TM). However, that option does not seem to fit the game mechanics of WoW, since introducing so much variability would increase the computing requirements and the graphics needs. I doubt that we will see breedable pets anytime soon.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » July 9th, 2013, 2:06 am

If they ever did implement this, they would have to be quite restrictive about what is allowed. Just imagine, a human father and a critter mother - the 12+ rating would shoot to 18+ overnight.

Even worse, imagine breeding mechanicals and undeads - eew - now there's an image that I'll spend the rest of the day trying to get out of my head !!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 9th, 2013, 2:27 am

I believe at some point there was a tweet or blue post or something where they said they weren't planning on adding pet breeding, at least not any time soon. The pet genders were put it so that if they decided they did want to use it, it would already be in place.

It's been a while and I don't recall where I saw it mentioned.