Known Issues (or My Chat with a GM)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Taleranor
Pet Score:11827
Realm:Kirin Tor-us
Known Issues (or My Chat with a GM)

Post by Taleranor » September 29th, 2012, 2:04 pm

I bent the ear of a Blizzard GM with regards to a few issues that had cropped up while I was obsessively collecting pets, and I thought I'd share the rundown with you folks.

1) Trying to complete the Taming Kalimdor achievement as Alliance. It's possible, if you use a Horde toon for the first set of quests. However, you can get credit for beating every tamer, and still not get the achievement. This is a known issue that they will fix via patch or hotfix.

2) To get Kalimdor Safari, you need certain creatures like the Red, Golden, and Silver Dragonhawk Hatchlings. Also the Wharf Rat, Crimson Moth, and Cockatiel. Yes, you can capture or own all of these and still not get credit towards the achievement. Likewise, known issue to be fixed.

3) If a pet tamer is offering you infinite battles for some strange reason, don't accept no matter how much they taunt your pets' virility. Just take them on via the daily if you have it, and otherwise exercise caution.

4) They can't tell you when "winter" starts, with regards to the spawning of the Snowy Owl in Winterspring. (It was worth a try!)

Hope that helps anyone who's been stymied with getting some of these pets or achievements out of the way.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Known Issues (or My Chat with a GM)

Post by Quintessence » September 29th, 2012, 5:07 pm

Devs are also [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6758455937#7]going to look into[/url] the bug where some characters aren't offered the race-specific pet from the trainer, even though they already know the ability to pet battle.

I'd like my Gilnean Raven, Jade Crane Chick, and Shore Crawler please! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » September 30th, 2012, 9:26 am

I was out in Pandaria leveling my 3 pets catching some out in the wild pets. I saw the - Feverbite Hatchling - which is not in the pet-list and on wowhead only 1 post that it's supposedly bugged. It is also a pet needed for "Pandaria Safari". I was able to capture it, and it showed as a rare-spawn catch. I made a ticket about not receiving the pet and waiting for response. Will update when i get to chat with a GM or get mailed response. So be carefull with taming this fella and being dissapointed ;) Good hunting

Moonwell
Pet Score:881
Realm:Ghostlands-eu

Post by Moonwell » September 30th, 2012, 11:34 pm

about your point number 3

are pet grandmasters not suppose to offer you infinite battles? There are some grandmasters which let me fight their pets over and over again for EXP, but they don't give dailies. There's just an option to fight them again.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 1st, 2012, 12:51 am

Moonwell wrote:about your point number 3

are pet grandmasters not suppose to offer you infinite battles? There are some grandmasters which let me fight their pets over and over again for EXP, but they don't give dailies. There's just an option to fight them again.
All tamers aren't supposed to offer infinite battles. After you defeat them once, you shouldn't be able to challenge them again until you've unlocked the dailies for that continent.

Grand Masters that don't offer any dailies after defeating them are probably bugged.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Moonwell

Post by Moonwell » October 1st, 2012, 12:55 am

Quintessence wrote:
Moonwell wrote:about your point number 3

All tamers aren't supposed to offer infinite battles. After you defeat them once, you shouldn't be able to challenge them again until you've unlocked the dailies for that continent.

Grand Masters that don't offer any dailies after defeating them are probably bugged.

So once I unlock the dailies for that continent, I can challenge them again? Is it also like once per day? Or is that what the debuff is supposed to be for?

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 1st, 2012, 12:57 am

Moonwell wrote:are pet grandmasters not suppose to offer you infinite battles? There are some grandmasters which let me fight their pets over and over again for EXP, but they don't give dailies. There's just an option to fight them again.
They're not supposed to, no. They're supposed to offer a Daily quest to fight once, and that's it. Fighting them any more than that is technically the exploit of an identified bug.

I highly doubt Blizzard would act against those who are currently using this exploit to power-level their pets, especially considering the fact that the Dailies are currently not resetting. That said it's probably best to err on the side of caution. The fact that a GM mentioned this behavior during a conversation indicates Blizzard is monitoring players making use of the bug. If they decide to take punitive action against those exploiters you don't want to be identified as an offender.

Moonwell

Post by Moonwell » October 1st, 2012, 7:43 am

I will ere on the side of caution. I'm wondering though, has there been an official announcement on this is a bug? I mean, I didn't even know this was a bug until I read it here! I mean, the pet system is completely new. What about the ordinary joe that don't read forums. Anyone encountering the trainers would think, "oh, you can challenge them again."

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 1st, 2012, 7:56 am

Moonwell wrote:I will ere on the side of caution. I'm wondering though, has there been an official announcement on this is a bug? I mean, I didn't even know this was a bug until I read it here! I mean, the pet system is completely new. What about the ordinary joe that don't read forums. Anyone encountering the trainers would think, "oh, you can challenge them again."
There has been notice that it is a bug, but no more than usual for any bug in the game. Blizzard's official policy is to not call attention to exploits. They feel that if fewer people know about them, fewer people will make use of them, and it will be less of an issue.

Ignorance of an exploit is a valid excuse, but it only goes so far. Always be asking yourself if something about the game seems off, especially if taking part in new content. If something seems odd halt the activity until you do some research. In my case, after I realized my team had gained three levels in about fifteen minutes, it occurred to me that repeatable battles may not be intended.

Remaining aware of your surroundings and circumstances is a vital life skill, and it is one that should be exercised even in a video game. That said, it might be worth considering a notice on the front page of this site; I've never liked Blizzard's policy on exploits. I feel if more know of them, there will be fewer people making use of exploits unknowingly.

Shadow85

Post by Shadow85 » October 7th, 2012, 12:00 am

If WoW only has summer and winter and winter doesn't start until December, why can't we find the Qiraji Guardling? Or did I miss someone finding one of those?

I want my Zookeeper title in December, darn it, not March.

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 7th, 2012, 11:52 am

Shadow85 wrote:If WoW only has summer and winter and winter doesn't start until December, why can't we find the Qiraji Guardling? Or did I miss someone finding one of those?
It's Winter now.

WoW has two seasons, and it's always one or the other. The Winter season began last month, before the expansion was pushed live.