Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu
Re: Timeless Isle Information Thread

Post by Mehetabel » July 3rd, 2013, 12:39 pm

I'm really looking forward to all this! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » July 3rd, 2013, 12:44 pm

Mehetabel wrote:I'm really looking forward to all this! :D
Me too :D

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 10th, 2013, 9:36 am

New faction!

There are also a bunch of other new items from this update, and some big changes to the NPCs on the island from the last one. I don't see much point in making a big update on those, though.

One new thing I do know is that the "big temple with the fire god in it" is called the "Ordon Sanctuary", and will be accessed via a mountain climbing rope:
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103681

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » July 10th, 2013, 9:56 am

Jadax wrote:One new thing I do know is that the "big temple with the fire god in it" is called the "Ordon Sanctuary", and will be accessed via a mountain climbing rope:
That would lead me to believe that there is no flying on the isle then. Is that true?
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 10th, 2013, 10:45 pm

Dragonwizard wrote:
Jadax wrote:One new thing I do know is that the "big temple with the fire god in it" is called the "Ordon Sanctuary", and will be accessed via a mountain climbing rope:
That would lead me to believe that there is no flying on the isle then. Is that true?
I can't tell yet, since I can't actually land there. I believe it will be a no-fly zone, though, same as the other "expansion" islands.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » July 11th, 2013, 6:03 am

I've just seen a worrying line in the latest patch notes on MMO-C regarding the isle, that you need the legendary cloak to defeat a certain boss:

Ordos is one of the new world bosses on Timeless Isle being added in Patch 5.4. You will need to obtain your legendary cloak to access him.

Now, as a pet collector, I'm hoping this ONLY applies to the bosses, and not the pet tournament etc. Just to add to the speculation...

Index.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » July 11th, 2013, 7:29 am

Legendary questline is fully manageable doing LFR only each week, so it's not out of the realms of possibility for them to enforce that attunement.

Having said that, there's been a hue and cry about pets dropping from contempory raids, so to factor a huge chunk of pet content behind that wall would be a controversial step.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » July 11th, 2013, 7:49 am

From what I've gathered, it will be very hard for raiders to defeat the bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid if people don't have their legendary cloak, and it is sort of expected that they do have it, at least at some point, so there's that (ps : the cloaks' procs are insane)

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 11th, 2013, 8:16 am

Index wrote:I've just seen a worrying line in the latest patch notes on MMO-C regarding the isle, that you need the legendary cloak to defeat a certain boss:

Ordos is one of the new world bosses on Timeless Isle being added in Patch 5.4. You will need to obtain your legendary cloak to access him.

Now, as a pet collector, I'm hoping this ONLY applies to the bosses, and not the pet tournament etc. Just to add to the speculation...

Index.

It's just Ordos that requires the cloak to access, according to current information.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » July 11th, 2013, 6:14 pm

Jadax wrote:
1) Muffin - Beast
Apparently the same as the other trainers' pets listed above, but with a low NPC ID, and no leftover trainers to assign him to. Maybe a pet that belongs to a trainer on the Timeless Isle outside of the scenario? Interestingly uses the same model as the Perky Pug.
There is an NPC called Muffin on Live servers. He is a dog that wanders about in the Shrine of Two Moons, although he does not use the Perky Pug model, and is currently classified as a Humanoid. I think it is likely that this is the same NPC updated to be categorised correctly.
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=65344
Perhaps he will end up using the new Corgi model?

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 11th, 2013, 6:59 pm

Saasan wrote:
Jadax wrote:
1) Muffin - Beast
Apparently the same as the other trainers' pets listed above, but with a low NPC ID, and no leftover trainers to assign him to. Maybe a pet that belongs to a trainer on the Timeless Isle outside of the scenario? Interestingly uses the same model as the Perky Pug.
There is an NPC called Muffin on Live servers. He is a dog that wanders about in the Shrine of Two Moons, although he does not use the Perky Pug model, and is currently classified as a Humanoid. I think it is likely that this is the same NPC updated to be categorised correctly.
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=65344
Perhaps he will end up using the new Corgi model?
Maybe, but currently he is a black wolf with electric blue eyes and crackles. I expect he'll keep that same model.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » July 11th, 2013, 7:02 pm

:shock: Muffin is a black electric wolf?? Yikes, lol!

Btw, thanks for all your work on this thread!

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 17th, 2013, 9:46 am

Breadcrumb quest added to PTR files, updated.

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 18th, 2013, 5:18 pm

The Isle is no longer restricted! You can land there!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 18th, 2013, 5:48 pm

Ok, so.

We were right. No flying!

The Kukuru's Cache Keys are bought from Master Kukuru for 500 Timeless Coins. That seems like a lot, but you get -loads- of the coins. Each of the three quests I've done awarded 100, to give you some idea, and each treasure chest I've found had around 50.

There's a daily quest to answer a piece of lore trivia from a Timekeeper on the island, awarding 100 coins.

The Gleaming Crane Statue throws you up in the air and applies a slowfall, enabling you to change direction in mid air and collect coins from chests that are on mid-air platforms. The platforms only appear during the statue's activation. Beware, allowing the buff to expire while you are on a platform will plunge you to your doom.

Each rare mob on the island seems to be lootable by anyone who hits it, like the Kor'kron Commanders. They typically carry a lesser charm and 20-30 timeless coins. So far I have killed the Spirit of Jadefire and a giant alemental that spawned from inside the Skunky Beer.

There are a -lot- of lootable items scattered across the island. Generally, they either buff you or drop timeless coins.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 18th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Any details on how we'll earn the Celestial Coins? I know there's a quest (account wide) that rewards one per week, but anything other than that?

If that's the only way we'll earn the currency to purchase the pets, it's going to take 12 weeks to purchase all four of the new celestial babies. (This is going by the screenshot in the other thread; each pet required 3 coins each.)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Dakender » July 18th, 2013, 8:22 pm

Jadax wrote: There are a -lot- of lootable items scattered across the island. Generally, they either buff you or drop timeless coins.
Chests Too, OMG, farm the little huts down south, first 2 chests I opened I ended up with 12 RARES :) Timeless Plate Helm is just an example. And they all drop cloth, leather, mail, plate, trinkets, rings, etc, and you can send them to alts and get goodies for them :) Since Im farming on a premade, not getting anything as good as the stuff they give you , but if you have toons that you copy over.......

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 18th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Quintessence wrote:Any details on how we'll earn the Celestial Coins? I know there's a quest (account wide) that rewards one per week, but anything other than that?

If that's the only way we'll earn the currency to purchase the pets, it's going to take 12 weeks to purchase all four of the new celestial babies. (This is going by the screenshot in the other thread; each pet required 3 coins each.)
Hovering over the currency on the vendor says that it will come from being able to complete the Celestial Tournament scenario.
No more details than that, as far as I can see.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 19th, 2013, 5:50 am

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/331 ... Blue-Posts?
You can purchase the new aspect pets here for 3 x Celestial Coin, which are a reward of the tournament that requires 30 level 25 pets to enter.

Thats a quite important detail about the Celestial tournament. Combined with the fact you cant heal between battles, and facing 7 tamers during the scenario. Its a strong implication that you choose 30 pets for your 'deck' when entering.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » July 19th, 2013, 6:48 am

Dakender wrote:Chests Too, OMG, farm the little huts down south, first 2 chests I opened I ended up with 12 RARES :) Timeless Plate Helm is just an example. And they all drop cloth, leather, mail, plate, trinkets, rings, etc, and you can send them to alts and get goodies for them :) Since Im farming on a premade, not getting anything as good as the stuff they give you , but if you have toons that you copy over.......
I guess the high drop rate is mostly for testing purposes on the PTR. I wouldn't get my hopes up that this will be the same on live.