Level 1 battle pets in Pandaria

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Wain
MVP
Pet Score:13914
Realm:Aman'Thul-us
Level 1 battle pets in Pandaria

Post by Wain » September 27th, 2012, 12:09 am

UPDATE: It's just been hotfixed. New spawns in the area (as of a few mins ago on a US server) are now appearing at level 23-24 as expected. So the following is now out of date...

I hadn't seen anyone note this yet, but I found that Malayan Quillrat, Malayan Quillrat Pup and Bandicoon battle pets that spawn in the Veiled Stair zone are level 1 and I could tame one with a level 4 rat :)

I presume that battle pets aren't assigned a hard level, but rather take on one based on the zone they spawn in. And it looks like they forgot the Veiled Star, so they default to 1.

I've reported the bug to a dev, so it'll probably be fixed. But I'm sure it's not much of an exploit to grab a level 1 one while it lasts :)

EDIT: updated the zone info. Originally I thought it was just the Ancient Passage, but it's all of the Veiled Stair.
Last edited by Wain on September 27th, 2012, 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kattiara
Pet Score:5700
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Re: Level 1 battle pets in Pandaria

Post by Kattiara » September 27th, 2012, 1:37 am

Thanks for this! I can confirm the level 1 Bandicoons -- they are actually outside the tunnel, while the Quillrats are inside.

Yay Bandicoon! :D

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » September 27th, 2012, 5:44 am

ooo, thanks for the heads up, Wain :) Now, the area on the other side of the eastern tunnel out of the Ancient Passage, is that KLS or still the Veiled Stair? (I couldn't find a Pup, but did score a Rare adult Quillrat!)
Mingyao on Madoran

Wain
MVP
Pet Score:13914
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Wain » September 27th, 2012, 9:36 pm

It's just been hotfixed. New spawns in the area (as of a few mins ago on a US server) are now appearing at level 23-24 as expected.

Sinead
Pet Score:3408
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Sinead » September 28th, 2012, 5:49 am

This hasn't been fixed on European servers yet. I've been hanging there for a few days now trying to get a rare brown bandicoon (got a rare white and rare blue, yay :D).

Edit: Nevermind, the one that respawned earlier are high level now.