Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us
Re: Pet Peeves...

Post by Jadax » June 18th, 2013, 10:15 am

Opallena wrote:I guess the only real Peeve i have with pets is putting pets in current-content raids. Now raid finder is alright (i seem to have really bad RNG with them for some reason) but when they start putting pets in normal modes, thats where I have to draw the line; its just not fair to those of us who don't have the time to raid, or don't wan't to do raids beyond raid finder. Seems like Blizzard is forcing us into raiding more and more.
Or you could just wait until it's no longer current content.

Daladani
Pet Score:1961
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: Pet Peeves...

Post by Daladani » June 18th, 2013, 11:38 am

The amount of RNG on some fights, especially trying to get the dailies done. Nothing like having zero issues with a trainer or fable pet for days on end, then all the sudden getting a string of misses while the opponent gets crit after crit, losing the battle, and then losing again and again until the RNG gods smile on me again.

Same with the amount of RNG on the new pets for Raiding with Leashes II. From an approximate 28-30% drop rate with the first batch (and to me much less annoying fights) to a 9% drop rate was cruel to those that have bad RNG (I've run every raid as many as ten times a week since these pets were added and I'm still missing three - of coure two are on end bosses Prince and Vash).

Breeds in general. Not because breeds are bad, but because the current pet battle UI and in game information do nothing to explain or show breed information. Only by going to third party sites and downloading add-ons did I start to get a hang of breeds and then come to find out a lot of what I collected, stoned, and leveled was a bad breed.

The pet collection and pet battle interface. Just feels unfinished and unpolished. Little information available in-game, difficult to use, tool tips inconsistent or incorrect, wonky behaviors when swapping pets around. Would love to see something like the dungeon journal for pets with information on all wild pets (including breeds) and trainers.