5.4 PTR: Build 17056

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us
5.4 PTR: Build 17056

Post by Gendou » June 11th, 2013, 10:16 pm

From [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3274-Patch-5-4-PTR-Build-17056]MMO-Champion[/url]:

New [url=http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/8397-crazy-for-cats#16965-17056]Achievement[/url]:
Crazy for Cats
Obtain 20 of the cats listed below.

Aspect of Xuen
Black Tabby Cat
Bombay Cat
Calico Cat
Cat
Cheetah Cub
Cinder Kitten
Cornish Rex Cat
Darkmoon Cub
Feline Familiar
Fluxfire Feline
Mr. Bigglesworth
Nightsaber Cub
Orange Tabby Cat
Panther Cub
Sand Kitten
Sapphire Cub
Siamese Cat
Silver Tabby Cat
Snow Cub
Spectral Cub
Spectral Tiger Cub
White Kitten
Winterspring Cub
New Pets:
Crafty: [url=http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/144761-moon-moon#16965-17056]Right Click to summon and dismiss Crafty.[/url] This pet is awesome.
Moon Moon: [url=http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/144761-moon-moon#16965-17056]Right Click to summon and dismiss Moon Moon.[/url]
Rascal-Bot : [url=http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/143703-rascal-bot#16965-17056]Right Click to summon and dismiss Pierre.[/url] If you give him a moment to heat up, he makes an excellent cooking fire.
ImageImage

Gendou

Re: 5.4 PTR: Build 17056

Post by Gendou » June 11th, 2013, 10:20 pm

Listed as "CraneGodPet" -

Given that the Crazy for Cats achievement lists the "Aspect of Xuen" as a pet, I'd imagine we're going to see pets for each of the Celestials - perhaps tied to the new [url=http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/8410-the-celestial-tournament#16965-17056]Celestial Tournament scenario[/url].

Listed as "DarkmoonDireWolfBoss" -

I expect this is going to be a new Darkmoon raid like the rabbit, from which the aforementioned [url=http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/144761-moon-moon#16965-17056]Moon Moon[/url] pet will drop.
Last edited by Gendou on June 11th, 2013, 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » June 11th, 2013, 10:20 pm

Looks like Rascal bot joins Pierre as an engineering schematic.

So who at Blizz do I need to beg/bribe/do "favors" for to get a ghost iron schematic added to the game to power level from 1 to 525 skill?

Post by Guest » June 11th, 2013, 10:21 pm

New attacks can be found here: http://ptr.wowdb.com/pet-abilities?filter-patch=17056

Looks like we'll be getting a Blingtron pet!

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » June 11th, 2013, 10:26 pm

Ruzgofdi wrote:Looks like Rascal bot joins Pierre as an engineering schematic.

So who at Blizz do I need to beg/bribe/do "favors" for to get a ghost iron schematic added to the game to power level from 1 to 525 skill?
To me, it looks like "rascal bot" is Pierre.
Rascal-Bot : [url=http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/143703-rascal-bot#16965-17056]Right Click to summon and dismiss Pierre.[/url] If you give him a moment to heat up, he makes an excellent cooking fire.

Duroxas
Top Rater
Pet Score:6333
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Duroxas » June 11th, 2013, 10:29 pm

Getting the celestial crane minipet is going to be the ultimate pet achievement for me- Ive got a lot of sentimental value in the Red Crane of Hope. Once upon a time I was a raid leader in a guild who named our four teams (three PvE and one PvP) after each of the celestials, and the Cranes were my people. Wasn't the best time Ive had raiding, but it was definitely a proud one for me.

Also, who invited Moon Moon to pet battle with us? >>

Gendou

Post by Gendou » June 11th, 2013, 10:40 pm

Duroxas wrote:Also, who invited Moon Moon to pet battle with us? >>
ImageImage

Ruzgofdi
MVP

Post by Ruzgofdi » June 11th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Maizing wrote:
Ruzgofdi wrote:Looks like Rascal bot joins Pierre as an engineering schematic.

To me, it looks like "rascal bot" is Pierre.
But looking at the list of engineering schematics shows two separate entries. 1 for Pierre, 1 for Rascal.

I figured Rascal for the Bad Robot Productions homage bot.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » June 11th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Looking through the icons gave me a few ideas of some pets we might see:

There's three of the four celestials: inv_pet_cranegod, inv_pet_jadeserpentpet, inv_pet_tigergodcub. Nothing for the Black Ox, unfortunately.

Seeing as these might be somewhat confirmed by the cat achievement for the Aspect of Xuen and the picture of the crane, I'm assuming these are for pets.

In addition to these there are several more of the icons that share the same name format: inv_pet_basilisk, inv_pet_goat, inv_pet_shalespider, inv_pet_crane, inv_pet_direhorn, inv_pet_mastiff, and inv_pet_monkey. A few of these might just be new icons for existing pets, but there are currently no pet goats or mastiffs.

There's also an icon for inv_worserobot that looks just like the bad robot pet they previewed awhile back.

Post by Guest » June 11th, 2013, 11:13 pm

NathKnave wrote: In addition to these there are several more of the icons that share the same name format: inv_pet_basilisk, inv_pet_goat, inv_pet_shalespider, inv_pet_crane, inv_pet_direhorn, inv_pet_mastiff, and inv_pet_monkey. A few of these might just be new icons for existing pets, but there are currently no pet goats or mastiffs.
Those icons are for the Hunter pets. All of those you listed currently don't have proper icons, so this will be a nice change.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 11th, 2013, 11:21 pm

Here's hoping Pierre and the Rascal-Bot get a review and change before 5.4 release. Both require x15 "Jard's Peculiar Energy" each, and at the moment this mat is on a one day crafting cooldown, BoP. The recipe for Jard's Peculiar Energy might change, but if not, it'll take about a month to gather all mats necessary for both pets. Meep.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ruzgofdi
MVP

Post by Ruzgofdi » June 11th, 2013, 11:26 pm

Quintessence wrote:Here's hoping Pierre and the Rascal-Bot get a review and change before 5.4 release. Both require x15 "Jard's Peculiar Energy" each, and at the moment this mat is on a one day crafting cooldown, BoP. The recipe for Jard's Peculiar Energy might change, but if not, it'll take about a month to gather all mats necessary for both pets. Meep.
Ugh. Do we know yet if they're uncageable?

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » June 11th, 2013, 11:48 pm

Just pointing out that there was a thread on the official wow forums for pet battles a while back (maybe a month?) asking for an achievement equivalent of Crazy Cat Lady. Looks like they're getting it, but I'm glad to see they did include the Spectral Tiger Cub. People were arguing in the thread that it shouldn't be included, because it's too rare. Although I think it's interesting that you have to collect 20 of the 24 cats, which means you can still get the achievement without the outside purchase Spectral Tiger Cub, the Cinder Kitten and the Nightsaber Cub and the Not-Available-in-the-US Spectral Cub. You would still have to get the Aspect of Xuen, so hoping that's not too difficult.

Post by Guest » June 12th, 2013, 12:48 am

Quintessence wrote:Here's hoping Pierre and the Rascal-Bot get a review and change before 5.4 release. Both require x15 "Jard's Peculiar Energy" each, and at the moment this mat is on a one day crafting cooldown, BoP. The recipe for Jard's Peculiar Energy might change, but if not, it'll take about a month to gather all mats necessary for both pets. Meep.
A month for both pets? That's not bad at all.

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Cendir » June 12th, 2013, 1:19 am

It is for all us non-Eng types.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 12th, 2013, 1:38 am

The full notes was posted in the other thread.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4733

One in particular stands out to me: A new pet battle tournament is available on the Timeless Isle, more details coming soon!
A new scenario: The Celestial Tournament. Its achievement is listed under Pet Battles.

Ive a pretty good feeling that this tournament will be the source of the epic pets to come.

Hrm. Just strikes me. Since we know there will be 4 celestial minipets, and the tournament is called the Celestial Tournament. They might be the epic pets hinted at having a cool way to obtain them.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 12th, 2013, 2:32 am

Ruzgofdi wrote:
Ugh. Do we know yet if they're uncageable?
Last I checked, Pierre was uncageable on the PTR. This was when it was first added back in 5.1 or whichever patch (can't remember), so they may have changed it since then.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » June 12th, 2013, 2:48 am

They have three cats in the achievement that are not obtained with achievement, purchased in-game, caught, or received in some quest. This is unfair to those who don't want to spend real money to buy those kitties. I'm talking about Spectral Cub
Spectral Tiger Cub and Cinder Kitten. I really hope they'll change it when the patch hits live realms.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » June 12th, 2013, 3:15 am

Delinda wrote:They have three cats in the achievement that are not obtained with achievement, purchase in-game, caught, or received in quest. This is unfair to those who don't want to spend real money to buy those kitties. I'm talking about Spectral Cub, Spectral Tiger Cub and Cinder Kitten. I really hope they'll change it when the patch hits live realms.
Spectral Tiger Cub can be obtained without real money, it just costs a lot gold. Spectral Cub however isn't (currently) even available for us westeners (China only). So the only mandatory RL money "sink" is the Cinder Kitten.

But yeah, the achievement criteria will definitely change at least due to Spectral Cub.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 12th, 2013, 7:40 am

Delinda wrote:They have three cats in the achievement that are not obtained with achievement, purchased in-game, caught, or received in some quest. This is unfair to those who don't want to spend real money to buy those kitties. I'm talking about Spectral Cub
Spectral Tiger Cub and Cinder Kitten. I really hope they'll change it when the patch hits live realms.
You only need 20 out of 24. You can get it without getting either Spectral Tiger, the Cinder Kitten, or the Nightsaber Cub.

That being said, the TCG Spectral Tiger and the Nightsaber are both purchasable with gold on your AH (and possibly they might show up on the BMAH?). The Nightsaber is typically pretty affordable since its one of the common loot cards. And as the person above me said, the other Spectral Tiger isn't even available unless you went to the event its from (was in Korea I think?), so that one's irrelevant anyway for most of us.