When does it rain in southern stranglethorn?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sikker
When does it rain in southern stranglethorn?

Post by Sikker » September 25th, 2012, 7:39 am

I'm trying to catch the baby ape, which is only in southern stranglethorn when it rains. Does anyone know if there's some kind of pattern on the whole weather thing? Or is it completely random? So far I just tried camping the place for a while doing pvp pet battles during the waiting, but it's kinda getting boring.. Any tips would be great.

Ranophan
Top Rater
Pet Score:7722
Realm:Galakrond-us

Re: When does it rain in southern stranglethorn?

Post by Ranophan » September 26th, 2012, 4:36 pm

It can take awhile... I sat out on that damned island for over 7 hours before it finally rained but I got my Baby Ape about 6:15am this morning (Rare one no less). They ALL despawn the moment it stops raining by the way so don't fool around when it finally happens.

Sikker

Re: When does it rain in southern stranglethorn?

Post by Sikker » September 27th, 2012, 4:50 am

Thanks for the reply! I had already given up hope and assumed it was bugged or something, but after I read your reply I logged in and went back to the island, but it still wasn't raining, so I logged out there and went to sleep. But when I logged in today it was actually raining already! I had no idea how long it was going and how long it was gonna last, so I started looking for baby monkeys as fast as I could, and the first one I found was a rare one! However I wasn't too happy about its stats so decided to look abit more, and to my surprise about 80% of them were rare...I think blizzard made the chance for them to be rare much bigger then other pets, because otherwise getting a rare one would be a real pain. I eventually did get one with better stats, so pretty happy right now :) And yeah, they do despawn the moment it stops raining, I was about to battle the last one and it despawned a few nanoseconds before I could click on it, so you have to be superfast.