WarcraftPets guild

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Conradforbis
MVP
Pet Score:4125
Realm:Earthen Ring-us
Re: WarcraftPets guild

Post by Conradforbis » September 13th, 2012, 9:54 am

Woot! I was already on Madoran so this makes it super easy on me. I have a max lvl of every class and would love to add one to the guild. I can't wait tO get more info on this!

DuleRa
Pet Score:3542
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by DuleRa » September 13th, 2012, 10:10 am

I would love to be part of it. Name the server and Ill be there. Alliance preferably. ;)

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » September 13th, 2012, 10:17 am

Bindibear wrote:http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... owMoP.html Haven't tried it though, don't know if it works out-of-combat. However, in the hour I spent in Beta last night, I caught quite a few rares, so I don't think rare-quality pets are going to be worth getting too excited in /g about unless they're also a rare skin or type. Also, most pets will be cageable, so if you catch an extra rare you may be able to bank it or trade it instead of trying to get someone out there fast.
Thanks for all the info! I guess I wasn't thinking so much about rare quality pets, as the like weird spawning condition hard to find pets. Are there battle pet rares similar to finding a silver dragon around the portrait?
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Stephersi7
Pet Score:1904
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Stephersi7 » September 14th, 2012, 3:21 pm

made a horde on that server just for your guild. :D

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » September 16th, 2012, 6:33 am

I'm counting down the days until I can move. This is going to be great!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

TheChamberlain
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by TheChamberlain » September 16th, 2012, 4:12 pm

I'm all moved and waiting, so excited!

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » September 16th, 2012, 5:13 pm

Lysi wrote:Thanks for all the info! I guess I wasn't thinking so much about rare quality pets, as the like weird spawning condition hard to find pets. Are there battle pet rares similar to finding a silver dragon around the portrait?
There are for sure a few low-spawn rate pets and a few that spawn at certain times and under certain weather conditions. I'm not sure exactly how rare they are. (I've only tracked down the cheetah cub on Beta so far, and it was pretty easy to find, though I suspect it may take a few days to hunt one up on Live with more competition.)

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... ?f=3&t=417 This spreadsheet lists which pets are zone specific. Some of them are not rare at all, but some have spawn conditions listed. And some of the zone-unique ones that don't have listed conditions are low-spawn rate. I've been bouncing between this spreadsheet and the individual pet pages on Wowhead a bunch...

Micki27
Top Rater

Post by Micki27 » September 17th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Oh I wish this was on an EU server it sounds so fun!

Good luck with your new guild and hope to hear you guys are having loads of laughs :)

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » September 17th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Got a DK there up to 81, that'll have to do for now =P

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » September 17th, 2012, 8:08 pm

I figured there'd be a lot of dks so I'm leveling a priest. Gonna be slow though, I have a ton of alts. :lol:

Mairin
Top Rater

Post by Mairin » September 18th, 2012, 3:48 am

Bindibear wrote:I figured there'd be a lot of dks so I'm leveling a priest. Gonna be slow though, I have a ton of alts. :lol:
Yes I know a DK is a bit of a cop out ;) I just don't have it in me just yet to make another toon from scratch so it's an easier way to get a foot hold in yet another new server.

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » September 18th, 2012, 1:41 pm

I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought dks are bad! I'm sorry if I seemed to be implying that. I just normally tank, a lot. My default "I need a toon on this random server" toon is a bear. Figured a healer/dps might be of more use in this case. Which doesn't mean I can't roll a tank here if needed...

Mairin
Top Rater

Post by Mairin » September 19th, 2012, 4:06 am

Bindibear wrote:I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought dks are bad! I'm sorry if I seemed to be implying that. I just normally tank, a lot. My default "I need a toon on this random server" toon is a bear. Figured a healer/dps might be of more use in this case. Which doesn't mean I can't roll a tank here if needed...
I was more meaning that I thought I was copping out, not that you meant that ;)

I've been doing the self-RAF thing lately (since they had their last $5/$10 sale) and I've concluded that a DK is the fastest way to set myself up on a new server but, as you mentioned, a druid is actually probably the smartest way (flexible specs, no cash drain for initial flying, can fly 2 levels earlier etc). I just have waaaaaay too many alts now so I went quick rather than smart :mrgreen:

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » September 19th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Hey all, I'm main alliance but do have 1 Horde 85 that I could transfer over.

What the timezone for the Madoran server? I'm on the east coast but would still love to be part of the guild.

Thanks

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » September 19th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Talmar wrote:Hey all, I'm main alliance but do have 1 Horde 85 that I could transfer over.

What the timezone for the Madoran server? I'm on the east coast but would still love to be part of the guild.

Thanks
It's central time. I looked it up, you can't trust the in game clock anymore since it changes with cross realm, lol. I already played one east coast and one west coast, now I'm in central, too, I've just about got the country covered. XD
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Doobjanka
MVP

Post by Doobjanka » September 19th, 2012, 4:06 pm

It looks like Madoran is a Central time server, so one hour behind your current one. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

Mairin
Top Rater

Post by Mairin » September 19th, 2012, 4:18 pm

Lysi wrote:It's central time. I looked it up, you can't trust the in game clock anymore since it changes with cross realm, lol. I already played one east coast and one west coast, now I'm in central, too, I've just about got the country covered. XD
I gave up trying to keep track of server times lol I'm in Europe but play on 3 different US time zones so it gets too confusing. I was previously under the impression that the cross server thing didn't extend to the actual cities until I saw someone off-server in the IF AH with me earlier so I have no clue where you'd go to get the correct time anymore.

On the plus side, MoP comes out at 8am for me so no playing through the night =P

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 19th, 2012, 4:42 pm

I have Horde and Alliance alts ready and waiting on Madoran! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Doobjanka
MVP

Post by Doobjanka » September 19th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Did anyone start up an Alliance guild, or should I transfer my Druid over and form that as well? We can have WarcraftPets Horde and WarcraftPets Alliance.

Transferring my Worgen Druid Hinderer over to Madoran now.

Zingela
Top Rater
Pet Score:3313
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Zingela » September 19th, 2012, 5:41 pm

May roll an alt over there, not sure what yet though. Not going to be transferring any mains yet, my guild is already moving to a new server in about a week and can't afford that many transfer fees! If there is any shortage of classes once you guys get up and going, say something. ;)