WarcraftPets guild

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Bedeude
Pet Score:2097
Realm:Madoran-us
Re: WarcraftPets guild

Post by Bedeude » September 7th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Yay! Welcome to Madoran then! :3 what's your character over on it called?

Thralla
MVP
Pet Score:2070

Post by Thralla » September 7th, 2012, 7:24 pm

I mainly play Alliance these days, but I love several of my horde characters on a different server and still level them through the content. No one I know plays there anymore. It might be nice to play a horde character with fellow pet collectors.

edit: I make a belf hunter on Madoran. What is the name of the guild?

NoxCrucifix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7397
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by NoxCrucifix » September 8th, 2012, 12:34 am

I would love to join a pet-centric guild. Since pets are all account-wide now I would be happy to roll and alt and join in on the fun. Great idea :)

Rogorn
Pet Score:2475

Post by Rogorn » September 8th, 2012, 3:29 am

Welcome to Madoran! Better start working on Pyrotheus (Level 67 Goblin Mage) What is your character's name?

Post by Guest » September 8th, 2012, 9:42 am

Sounds like fun! I'll be sure to roll an alt when the guild gets set up. :)

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625

Post by Doobjanka » September 9th, 2012, 7:17 am

I haven't transferred the guild over yet, but will closer to MoP. I'm hoping to be on Madoran the week prior for the Pre-launch scenario!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Wenll
MVP
Pet Score:8024
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Wenll » September 9th, 2012, 7:57 pm

I may consider rolling a toon probably a hunter as a hunters my main. I might not be on it very often as I have my actual Main but never know depending on what we do and scheduals. Anyways let me know server and faction. Also im very experienced as both a wow pet collector (209/211 pets) and as a wow player/raider. (Have every achivement in the game outside of pvp and 73 feats of strengths all pre patch).

Piratewench
Pet Score:2540
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Piratewench » September 10th, 2012, 10:26 am

Sounds fabulous, but for shame I already have too many friends on different servers to roll a new character on a different realm...I wish the best of luck and am super jealous! :)

Brizie
Pet Score:1428
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Brizie » September 11th, 2012, 5:38 am

Awwess. I would join if it wasn't Madoran. (was my first server, thought it was horrible.) I also have my horde all settled on another server and looking to roll some alliance somewhere. Maybe some of us could get an alliance guild going somewhere?

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » September 11th, 2012, 6:03 am

If you're DK alt-friendly the idea of a pet-centric guild sounds like fun.

Jkierst920
Top Rater
Pet Score:12392
BattleTag®:jkierst920#1642

Post by Jkierst920 » September 11th, 2012, 7:07 am

I would definitely create a new character. I think it would be pretty fun. even more fun that all my pets are account bound. :D :D

Cent
Top Rater

Post by Cent » September 11th, 2012, 8:49 am

Though I can't transfer a character over, I would definitely roll a new toon and join your guild. Sounds like fun!

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » September 11th, 2012, 10:43 am

Mairin wrote:If you're DK alt-friendly the idea of a pet-centric guild sounds like fun.
I rolled a DK on Madoran last night so I hope that's a go!
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » September 11th, 2012, 11:30 am

Oh, me too please! I assume you'll post here when you move how to apply or who to contact in-game for an invite or whatever?

Thoraine
Pet Score:1962
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Thoraine » September 12th, 2012, 2:47 pm

Ok I made a horde toon on Madoran. Just waiting for you to make the guild! I can't wait

Tungl
MVP
Pet Score:11440
Realm:Gurubashi-us

Post by Tungl » September 12th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Yay! Horde. I'll roll a Mistweaver there once MoP launches. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Doobjanka wrote:I rolled a toon on Madoran and it seemed like a nice server. I think that will be the new destination. It'll be Horde-side because I don't want to learn new capital cities.

Doobjanka
MVP

Post by Doobjanka » September 12th, 2012, 10:57 pm

I purchased a 25 level guild from someone on my server so in seven days that guild will be on Madoran and WarcraftPets will be ready to be home to anyone who wants to join, including DK alts!

The reason for this change instead of just moving my guild is the few people who still play worked hard on the achievements and guild perks they've been enjoying since Cata was released. By me wanting to move my main it was easier to leave an alt on Scilla in charge of the guild and just buy a used guild that was no longer being used.

Thank you for your patience and in one week I look forward to meeting new friends with a love of minipets that equals my own!

Doobjanka
MVP

Post by Doobjanka » September 13th, 2012, 6:55 am

Anyone willing to make and maintain a sister Alliance guild on Madoran? We can have the officers as RealID friends for any communication needed between guilds!

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » September 13th, 2012, 8:52 am

Doobjanka wrote:Thank you for your patience and in one week I look forward to meeting new friends with a love of minipets that equals my own!
Thank you for setting it up! I'm glad you could keep your remaining guildmates happy and still get the new guild rockin'! I've never been in a level 25 guild before so I'm looking forward to it. Three cheers for our fearless leader!

I don't do realID, but they support battletags now so I signed up for one (I'm not sure how this works, don't have any friends yet, lol). My two new characters on Madoran (one a DK) aren't out of their starting areas yet, but if anyone wants to exchange battletags (or character names) PM me. I don't see any way to PM through the forum, so I guess just the website contact member feature..?

Oh, and I have a question about guild activities, since I wasn't on beta. Can you arrange to pet battle with someone you know? Or is it limited to a random queue and PvE? I might be more apt to battle if I could meet up with friendly opponents, but I have the impression you can't. So I'm not sure if I'll do pet battles (due to the issues I've been vocal about here on the forum, lol). But I'll definitely help out and give a shout in guild chat if I see a rare pet in the wild!! (Is there something like NPCScan that works for wild rare pets?) And I know there are other ways you can help in a guild, I still don't have a Lashtail, for example, and I know there will be new pets in MoP. It will be nice to talk about how to obtain pets in guild chat, and not feel like you're boring anyone, lol. Thanks again, Doobjanka!
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » September 13th, 2012, 9:50 am

Lysi wrote:I don't do realID, but they support battletags now so I signed up for one (I'm not sure how this works, don't have any friends yet, lol).
If you open up your friends window now you should have a number-and-letter combo in the blue box at the top. That's your Battletag. You can give it out to people and they type it into the "add a friend" tab and if you accept, you and they will be able to see each other any time you are online, no matter what toon each of you is on. It's like RealID but without real names and emails being shared.
Can you arrange to pet battle with someone you know?
99% certain you can walk up to anyone with a pet out and ask to fight, like asking to duel. You can for sure walk up to random critters and fight. There are at least some npcs you can fight.
But I'll definitely help out and give a shout in guild chat if I see a rare pet in the wild!! (Is there something like NPCScan that works for wild rare pets?)
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... owMoP.html Haven't tried it though, don't know if it works out-of-combat. However, in the hour I spent in Beta last night, I caught quite a few rares, so I don't think rare-quality pets are going to be worth getting too excited in /g about unless they're also a rare skin or type. Also, most pets will be cageable, so if you catch an extra rare you may be able to bank it or trade it instead of trying to get someone out there fast.

After spending that hour in Beta doing nothing but messing with pets, I'm still excited! lol Good thing I'm going on a road trip this week, I'd pace a circle in my carpet if I was stuck here with nothing to do but wait!