Question on pets models...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Màndorla
Pet Score:2049
Realm:Nemesis-eu
Question on pets models...

Post by Màndorla » September 1st, 2012, 8:40 am

Hi there, first of all forgive my bad english (i'm an italian girl).

I've noticed that many of the new pets in the pet journal share the same, old models (rabbits and hares are all the same, as for the snakes, crabs, praire rabbits, moths and so on).

I wonder if Blizzard will change and update this models, someone know anything about it?

It's really boring that after all this time we will have so many pets, yet so few models!

Thank you :)

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: Question on pets models...

Post by Lysi » September 5th, 2012, 8:17 pm

I agree! I mentioned this in another thread, but people felt it was unlikely the models would be updated.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Màndorla
Pet Score:2049
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Màndorla » January 24th, 2013, 4:15 am

Finally it seems that Blizzy will give us some new models, snakes and frogs for sure :D

I hope that they will add even hares that actually LOOKS like hares in the future... but for now I am really happy with this!

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » January 24th, 2013, 9:01 am

I think this will stop me using any pet that has the old model though :(

The frogs and rabbits especially look for polygonal nowadays

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 24th, 2013, 9:19 am

Lead content designer Cory Stockton mentioned in an interview with WarcraftPets that they'd like to update some pet models, although some are tougher to modify than others. The overall process could take some time and probably isn't high on their priority list.

But in 5.2, there will be a new frog/toad model and skin(s) so it's a start!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kaiina
Top Rater
Pet Score:6400
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kaiina » January 24th, 2013, 1:52 pm

I think this is a very good idea. You've probably seen the new frog and snake models that are coming up with the next patch. I know for sure we will be able to get these frogs, but I also hope, as a hunter, to be able to tame these snakes as hunter pets. They just look so good.

I think the designers should update a lot of the old models to make them look more realistic. I'm not only talking about companion pets and hunter pets, but also the races. I really think they should upgrade them. Aren't they working on it, either?